News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Van insurance

Started by benchmark51, 19, October, 2016, 03:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benchmark51

Just tried to insure a Ford Transit van with Admiral insurance and have been told that Admiral DO NOT insure Ford Transits. ???

I was after a multicar quote for a Transit and a Focus st170. Did all the questions online but was told I would have to phone for a quote, this I did but was told they don't insure Transits. A bit odd isn't it?

'The Gaffer'

Try AIB, they did the best price on my van, low excess too :)

benchmark51

With AIB at the moment on the transit and the kit car. Just renewed the kit car with them. They don't do multicar insurance and wanted £300-500 for a 1.4 peugeot pram so no chance with a Focus st170. Over 40 years without a claim and no naughty points yet can't get insurance without being screwed. >:(

fullpint

Would love to have a multi car policy but as we all know mention kit car and that's is :(

benchmark51

Kit cars are ok, NCB isn't used on them. This leads me into thinking about getting a kit car with roof and lockable doors and using that as a runabout. Quantum or something similar?

Just renewed Ratbag's insurance at AIB for £113 and the renewal on the tranny came today at £210.