News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Newish member

Started by Jake47, 03, September, 2011, 11:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake47

Actually been meaning to do this for ages but with job, other interests etc etc .  Hi,  Alan's the name and for the past year I have been running a 1995 Robin Hood S7, which I bought from a guy in Calne, who restores tanks (yes, the armoured things which can park where they like) in his spare time! I figured when I bought it that he must have known what he was doing and so it has turned out.  The car has been super reliable, used whenever dry even in the winter and apart from some general tidying up, has proved to be a good buy.  As a former motorcyclist who lost his nerve, the old S7 gives me the fresh air which I crave and the same silly grin whenever I drive it.

Today, however, disaster.  Leaning back in the garage to retrieve a box, I have managed to split the left hand door perpex window. Temporarily taped up, but does anyone know if its possible to buy just the perspex and refit to the frame or am I going to be saddled with buying a complete door assembly?  And more importantly, is there anywhere out there which might take on this job?   I have to admit to being a total mechanical numpty and I so admire you guys who build your own cars.  Absolute superstars to my mind.  Grateful for any advice available and willing to pay as necessary.

Just a little more about me, I am just about to take early retirement from the Civil Service, which has equipped me with some fairly special skills in terms of seeking re-dress or just general letters of complaint.  So if any member wants some help with putting together a letter, speech ( I have provided for some pretty senior people) just let me know.  More than happy to provide advice.

Cheers,

Alan Hall
aka Jake 47

paintman

HI Alan,    I also have an S7 similar age and I also lent across and split the side screen.....funny old world!! ::)

I replaced both sides with polycarbonate which I luckily picked up from a glazier (Roman Glass in Frome).      Cutting it was a doddle with a jigsaw as it does not splinter or crack and is much stronger than perspecs......the police make their riot shields from it!! ;)

PM me if you need help.

Tony

'The Gaffer'

Hi Alan a nd a warm welcome to our club. Look forward to meeting up soon.

Please feel free to post a couple of pics up of your car.

Looks like you already have the help you need, well done Tony :) What a helpful club we are.

YellaBelly

Hello and welcome to the club. There's another S7 recently joined too.

We love pictures so don't be shy, pop some of your P&J on here too :)

John

dave_bence