News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

trike's

Started by xr2 stu, 16, January, 2011, 07:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xr2 stu

just wondering what you all think about them (2 wheels at the front and one at the back)
cause i was reading about the black jack zero not a bad kit dose any one know of any other
one's that are made i've also seen wesfiled type one's  which just have a hole bike bolted to the back of them and one in the usa which is made out of wood lol

paintman

I thought trikes had 2 wheels at the back and one at the front?

Bubble cars were...... like the other way round 
but they were lethal and were always turning over!

I had a mate who rolled his......went down the road like a ball.....and he had to be rescued from it because it ended up with the door against the tarmac!! lol ;D

YellaBelly

Reminds me of the Top Gear show where they got Captain Slow to park a bubble car nose in to a wall and then told him to get out........door was at the front  ;D

xr2 stu

Dixie

Grinnal Scorpion.  1200cc BMW engine.  I will have one when I sell my Cobra's.

http://www.grinnallcars.com/scorpion-III-sports-car.html

Daley Down Under

I like the Grinnall too

paintman

To me this is a trike......

and the others are three-wheeled cars.

Saying that.....I prefer 4 wheeled cars any day. ::)

YellaBelly

I could probably manage someting like this:

And it's electric so environmentally friendly too....

:D :D

xr2 stu

i also ound this a t-rex

xr2 stu

Quote from: Grin-a-lot on 17, January, 2011, 04:01:26 PM
How about this?

www.morgan-motor.co.uk/sales/three_wheeler/three_wheeler.html
there's a guy on e-bay that dose a kit like this i like the look of the morgan think it's cause it's old and classy

Dixie

Have a look at this.  I built this Black JZR from scratch kit.  It has a 1000cc 1979 Panhead MotoGuzzi engine.  It took me 2 yrs to build, did 88 miles init and sold it.

Then I brought this old Pembleton Hornet off of a mate who was moving to NZ, drove it for a summer then sold it when I brought the Cobra.  Regret to this day selling it, it was huge fun, so simple, and went around corners like it was "On rails".  Would buy another one in a heart beat.

xr2 stu

Quote from: Dixie on 17, January, 2011, 09:30:53 PM
Have a look at this.  I built this Black JZR from scratch kit.  It has a 1000cc 1979 Panhead MotoGuzzi engine.  It took me 2 yrs to build, did 88 miles init and sold it.

Then I brought this old Pembleton Hornet off of a mate who was moving to NZ, drove it for a summer then sold it when I brought the Cobra.  Regret to this day selling it, it was huge fun, so simple, and went around corners like it was "On rails".  Would buy another one in a heart beat.

i like you black one got that old look but moden day feel to it

'The Gaffer'

Love the BMW Grinnal, T-Rex looks interesting, the Pembleton look raw but fun, but ultimately gotta say YellaBelly's trike looks the cheapest :))

Quarrycars

The only 3-wheeler I built was Mini based, 2 wheels in front like Owen Greenwood's sidecar racer.  Even with the pedal trikes I prefer 2 wheels at the front.
Spoke to a guy this week who has built 2 3-wheelers with 1 wheel at the front, one with Toyota 4A-G power the other with a 300 HP Cadillac Northstar engine, he says that they handle great.

The Toyota one

Northstar engine

Toyota engine