Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Karting Endurance Event - Thursday Eve 17th Nov - £35 per driver

Started by Krazyken, 04, September, 2011, 06:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Krazyken

It's that time of year again where we turn our attention to the karting event of the year.  This year we are back at The Raceway, Avonmouth, Bristol who now have a new fleet of karts since being taken over by Teamsport.  Full details below: -

BPMC Karting Endurance Challenge

The event will be held at Teamsport Bristol, Avonmouth Way, Avonmouth, Bristol, BS11 9YA.  Full details of the track and directions can be found on their website www.team-sport.co.uk/bristol

Date: Thursday 17th November 2011
Time: 7.00p.m. start - 10.30p.m. finish
Format: 25mins Qualifying + Endurance Race over 2 ½ hours
Teams: 5 drivers per team – 16 Teams in total
Cost: £175 per team = £35 per driver

This is your chance to be at the sharp end of your own Grand Prix Team, 25 minutes of qualifying will determine the grid for the start of the race with the best lap time taking pole position.  The drivers briefing on the night will give the usual rules and regulations which will be supplemented by those below: -

1.   Each driver must drive a minimum of 2 stints.
2.   The Teamsport timing system will be the official clock.
3.   Most driving penalties will be a 30 second stop/go penalty.
4.   Serious driving offences will be a 1 min stop/go penalty.
5.   Missing a driver change completely  – DISQUALIFICATION

Please organise your team of 5 drivers and come up with a suitable team name. If you can not raise a team of 5 but would still like to drive there will be a team to accommodate smaller numbers.  Send all of your team details along with a cheque for £175 made payable to Bristol Pegasus Motor Club to: -

Ken Robson
201 Juniper Way
Bradley Stoke
Bristol
BS32 0DP

p. 07900 007747      
e. kenrobson@btinternet.com

This event will raise around £1200 which will be donated to the chosen charity of BPMC – Wiltshire Air Ambulance.

The please put your names down below then a lucky volunteer can put you all into teams, it will be a great night and both Joe Type R (my son) & I will be driving flat out again this year.

'The Gaffer'

Moleman

I would be up for it.
I might be able to get a team together but what date would you need to know by?
If I can't get a team then I would be up for going in with other people but I will be crap at it as this will be a first for me.

TimC

Daley Down Under

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Moleman on 04, September, 2011, 09:44:28 PM
I would be up for it.
I might be able to get a team together but what date would you need to know by?
If I can't get a team then I would be up for going in with other people but I will be crap at it as this will be a first for me.

Ken?

TimC

I can canvass non-members if/when required but surely we can find five of us?

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: TimC on 07, September, 2011, 02:42:26 PM
I can canvass non-members if/when required but surely we can find five of us?

Cheers Tim, normally we find enough for 3 teams. I will send a email to everybody soon.

Krazyken

At the moment just put your names down if interested or if you want to enter your own team of 5 just say that on your posting.  Please post up by 25th September we can then start organising the indivdual teams.

Moleman

I'm up for it. so count me in.
I can get a team up from non members at a moments notice if required but i will wait to see how we are doing for numbers first. :D

peetee

Rotaxmax

I'm up for giving this a go. But if spaces are tight I'll make way for more active members

'The Gaffer'

Ok lets see who we have so far.

1   KrazyKen
2   Joe Type R
3   The Gaffer
4   Moleman
5   TimC
6   Peetee
8   MarlboroCar
7   Rotaxmax
8   Batman
9   MarlboroCar
10 ?

Who else is up for this event? 

YellaBelly

Wanted to do this one again, but I will be teaching in Warsaw so can't make it :(

JB

Krazyken

Guy & Gals, any more for this one? we entered 4 teams last year.  Joe Type R will be taking my place in Piston Broke however we have 2 of our friends from BPMC who can make up the numbers.  So far it looks like 2 teams.

1   KrazyKen?
2   Andy Moss
3   The Gaffer
4   Moleman
5   TimC
6   Peetee
8   MarlboroCar
7   Rotaxmax
8   Batman
9   MarlboroCar
10 Simon Moss

I have had to put a question mark against my name as I may be required to drive for my old team Piston Broke if one of the other drivers breaks away to form his own team.  Not turning my back on the BKCC just trying to get as many teams on the grid as possible to make as much money for charity as possible.

The charity of BPMC is the same as ours Wiltshire Air Ambulance so we will all be supporting our chosen cause.  All we need now is more teams and drivers.  Over to you  ;D

TimC

Must remember to wash my race suit - it's been a while! (Much much too long!)

Daley Down Under

Ken,

I'm going to have to drop out I'm afraid.  Boss has put the mockers on my trip back to the UK.  I'm going to have to stay in Brisbane in the sunshine.

Adrian

Krazyken

I am now confirmed as part of BKCC, so with Adrian staying in Oz we need another driver to make up to 2 teams.  Any volunteers?

1   KrazyKen
2   Andy Moss
3   The Gaffer
4   Moleman
5   TimC
6   Peetee
7   Rotaxmax
8   Batman
9   Simon Moss
10 ?

Moleman

If we do end up 1 guy short then I can bring a mate at short notice to make up the 2 teams?

Do we pay the £35 on the day or did we need to pay a deposit before the date?

Krazyken

Great news on the 10th person please can you post up his name.

All money needs to be up front as otherwise people tend not to turn up on the day which ruins it for everyone.  I will leave it to Phil to notify how you need to pay the money as he has the Paypal arrangements in place.

Krazyken

As this event is now only a few weeks away please can you send me your cheques ASAP as everything needs to be paid in advance.  I have provisionally organised the teams as follows: -

Suffolk & Close
Krazyken
Simon Moss
Peetee
Rotaxmax
Moleman

Norfolk n Chance
The Gaffer
Andy Moss
Batman
TimC
Molemans Mate

If anyone needs to swap teams please let me know, please send me a cheque in accordance with the first post on this thread ASAP.

Moleman

Ok, I dont live to far away I will prob drop the dosh around mon or tues night. I will put it in a embelope incase your not in.
PS Mates name is Andy Dyer.

'The Gaffer'

TimC

Quote from: Krazyken on 30, October, 2011, 06:16:34 PM
As this event is now only a few weeks away please can you send me your cheques ASAP as everything needs to be paid in advance.
Who am I paying chaps?  I don't believe that I still possess a cheque book.  I can direct bank transfer or Paypal however.

peetee

Ken/guys - Really sorry, but I can't make it now either. Will be stuck in Hull learning about stock management! Sorry.....

Moleman

I can ask afew others if that helps? Unless anyone else has someone in mind?

Krazyken

Answers to questions: -

TimC - you can pay by Paypal via The Gaffer, please don't forget to add on the Paypal fees.  Phil please can you post up the amount.

Peetee - don't worry I have a replacement who can take your place.

Moleman - If you can raise another team of 5 that would be great.

New teams below: -

Suffolk & Close
Krazyken
Simon Moss
Kyle Tilley
Rotaxmax
Moleman

Norfolk & Chance
The Gaffer
Andy Moss
Batman
TimC
Andy Dyer

TimC

Quote from: peetee on 01, November, 2011, 05:30:35 PM
Ken/guys - Really sorry, but I can't make it now either. Will be stuck in Hull learning about stock management! Sorry.....

Stock Management?  Do you want a job? :)

'The Gaffer'

This is the place to pay for karting - Please make out cheque for £35.00 made payable to Bristol Pegasus Motor Club and send to to: - Ken Robson 201 Juniper Way Bradley Stoke Bristol BS32 0DP or please click the Paypal link at the bottom of the forum page and pay by paypal, debit or credit card.

Total payable is £36.39 via paypal inc their fee

IMPORTANT: When paying, can you please put your member user name in the message / purpose window using Karting as a reference

'The Gaffer'

Thank you Rotaxmax for your paypal payment 8)

Batman to pay please :)

TimC

I know it says 19:00 start, but what time do we need to get ourselves there?

Ta.

TC

Krazyken

Due to the number of drivers involved - 80 in total the event always seems to run a few minutes late.  The start time is stated at 7pm to allow people to get there from work and grab a bite to eat if they can't get home beforehand.  The actual race will start at 8pm and finish at 10.30pm so between 7-8 will allow for signing in, drivers briefing and qualifying.  If anyone can make it a bit earlier say 6.45 that would naturally help the rush at 7pm.

Final Team Confirmation

Norfolk & Chance

The Gaffer
Andy Moss
Simon Moss
Moleman
Andy Dyer

Suffolk & Close

Ben Churchill
Oliver Dyer
Rotaxmax
TimC
Batman

Where is Krazyken I hear you cry?????  Due to a last minute drop out, I will be making a Schmacher style return to my old team Piston Broke, no doubt with a similar level of success.  See you out on track.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Krazyken on 14, November, 2011, 07:25:39 PM
Where is Krazyken I hear you cry?????  Due to a last minute drop out, I will be making a Schmacher style return to my old team Piston Broke, no doubt with a similar level of success.  See you out on track.

"Boooooooo... Spliter"

Prepare to get shoved into the tyre wall  ;)

TimC

This may sound ridiculous, but how will I recognise you guys?  Can someone stand beneath the clock tower with carnation in their left breast pocket?

Alternatively, can someone PM me a mobile number and I'll do likewise?

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: TimC on 15, November, 2011, 09:16:08 AM
This may sound ridiculous, but how will I recognise you guys?  Can someone stand beneath the clock tower with carnation in their left breast pocket?

Alternatively, can someone PM me a mobile number and I'll do likewise?

Not ridiculous at all. If anyone in any team wants my mobile number just PM me. Tim PM sent.

Krazyken

Prepare to get shoved into the tyre wall  ;)
[/quote]

I thought that was how you normally drove a kart :-*

Moleman

I know last time I did someting like this I become best of mates with the tyre wall.  :'(
So sorry if i'm on your team.  :-[ ;D

'The Gaffer'

Great evening, really enjoyed it. Nice to catch up with a few people.

Krazyken

Here are the resuluts from last nights karting

1. BMC Panic
2. BMC Manic
3. BMC Anger Management
4. BMC Disorder
5. Piston Broke
6. BMC Red Mist
7. BMC Red Mist
8. Oldies but Goldies
9. Suffolk & Close
10. The Pessamists
11. Up the Inside
12. Olivers Army
13. A Bunch of Stigs
14. Spencers Speeders
15. Norfolk & Chance

A great nights entertainment that also raised over £1000 for Wiltshire Air Ambulance.  No Black award nominations to speak of which was a little disappointing but I am still buzzing from the event.  I am pleased that Piston Broke (my team) managed to prevent the BMC teams from locking out the top 6 places.  Suffolk & Close had some star drivers in Ben Churchill and Rotaxmax which helped their cause, Norfolk & Chance were appropriately named picking up the wooden spoon.

One notable event was that Moleman was followinging me trying to copy my lines and slide the back end round the corners.  At the bottom of the bridge he overcooked it and span into the barriers.  One lap later I did the same thing, the first time I have spun at the circuit for many years.  Moral of the Story - don't copy me if you want to win.

Fantastic fun, great comararderie and a tidy sum raised for charity.  What more can I say? :)