News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Berkeley Castle car show.

Started by Moleman, 20, January, 2014, 09:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

I have spoken to the organizer of Berkeley castle car show. They normally only show classic cars but they were very interested in us showing some of ours.  :)
This show is free & they will send me a group form to fill in then passes can be issued so you can show your car. They have about 400-500 cars in the show as well as louds of stalls.
We would have to turn up by 9.30 before it is open to the public & would have to stay there until 4.30 (though I'm shore they will help you leave early with the help of marshalls if you need to go).

Now for the bad news. It's on the same day as The Footman James Bristol 35th Classic Car Show. which is sunday 15th June. (Fathers day) ::)

So what do you think? We are still invited to do the Bereley Castle club day out & we can still do the Berkeley castle car show as well? Or we can do the The Footman James Bristol 35th Classic Car Show & Bereley Castle club day out?

I know this may open a can of worms so please can you say which of the two options you would like to do?  :)

WALNUT

I would sooner do the Berkeley car show, Iv been to this a few times before and there have always been a few kit cars.

paintman

I know Dixie won't stay there for 6hrs, 3 hrs max......that goes for me as well.

Iancider

I haven't done either so I cannot balance which is best.  But if it is is a fine day Berkey is a bit posher perhaps. A nice day out for the girls and perhaps a fine picnic with Pymms on the lawn 8).  If Footman James is too good to miss then we could do the Berkley run-out instead.

'The Gaffer'

I would like to just visit the castle with no restrictions.

Moleman

I will be organizing the club day out here anyway. This way we will get a free guide around the castle, as well as we have the day to come & go as we please, plus parking next to the castle 8), & maybe a club picnic if the weather is kind?  ;D

I'm also thinking I could also do the The Footman James Bristol 35th Classic Car Show on the saturday & the Berkeley car show on the sunday.

So who is up for this?
                                1, moleman
                                2, Walnut

anyone else?

WALNUT

Iv never had any prob. coming or going when ever iv wanted

Hairy Santa

sounds good to me, possibly be able to pick you 2 up on the way there

Iancider

Sprint 7

Doing the Bristol  Classic car show on the Saturday and Berkeley Classic car show on the Sunday seems the only and most obvious solution for all those up for it (or them).Can't see any probs with that, so put me down for both please and lets hope the weather holds.

If you are not aware though, for anyone who has not been to the Berkeley show before you DO NOT park up on nice flat lawn. Far from it. The show is held in the meadows next to the castle and from what I remember it ain't like a bowling green so anyone with a super low sump, like Tony at Dyrham Park may have a problem.

No I'm not putting a downer on this show as it's usually very well attended but I'm just giving the heads up. :) :) :)

Moleman

Ian. We will have to be there early, I have 2 possible meeting points planned as It's north Bristol where I'm from I have that covered thanks.
ps i can't see your routes with the links you have put on? may be me though?  :)

Sprint7 I will be checking this out mate.  :)

Ok list so far.
                    1, Moleman
                    2, Walnut
                    3, Iancider
                    4, Sprint7

Anyone Else? :)

Like walnut has said alot of these places like you to stay all day but they normally let people go early if they have too.  ;)

Please note: I will still be doing the Berkeley castle club day out.  ;D

Iancider

Sorry Collin/All - I goofed and pasted the same non-working link three times Doh!

Here: courtesy of Google maps

If you visit google maps  and use streetview you can take a direct look at these lovely lanes

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=olveston&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF-8&ei=E_7iUsy2IImy7AbNooAg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ

Moleman

Ian. Most people won't want to go down country lanes while heading for a car show on the early hours of a sunday morning. It's fine on runs out but not car shows. The last thing people want to do is walk around the car show covered in mud.  I did say leave this one to me mate.  :)

I could be wrong?  ::) :) Thanks for your enthusiasm though mate. I normally do thoughs routes on the way home.  ;D

Moleman

Ok list so far.
                    1, Moleman
                    2, Walnut
                    3, Iancider
                    4, Sprint7

Like walnut has said alot of these places like you to stay all day but they normally let people go early if they have too.  ;)

Hairy Santa

Quote from: Moleman on 29, January, 2014, 07:29:09 PM
Ok list so far.
                    1, Moleman
                    2, Walnut
                    3, Iancider
                    4, Sprint7

you forgot me Colin  >:(

Moleman

Sorry Pete. I don't know how I could have forgotten you!  :o 8) :P

Ok list so far.
                    1, Moleman
                    2, Walnut
                    3, Iancider
                    4, Sprint7
                    5, Hairy Santa

bluehornetrider

I'll check my diary but I should be good for this one.

Bulldog Bri

Looks like we can make this one but will need to escape earlyish as Anna's working in the evening.

8)

fullpint

Will know nearer the time Colin if I can make this one, plus all the others  :D ;)

Moleman

Thats good Bri, I will put you guys on the list. There won't be any problem leaving early if you need to mate.  :)

Ok steve no probs. I will register you though so you got a space.  :)

bluehornetrider

Moleman

Ok. list so far.
                    1, Moleman
                    2, Walnut
                    3, Iancider
                    4, Sprint7
                    5, Hairy Santa
                    6, Bulldog Bri
                    7, Pilgrim Anna
                    8, Fullpint   (maybe)
                    9, Bluehornetrider

Moleman

I have the FORM for this one which you need to fill in to take part in this one.  ::)

Send me a pm to give me your email address & I will forward it on to you.  :D

Moleman

Not many have requested the FORM for this one.

You won't get in if you don't do one guys!  :)

Pilgrim Anna

Working another evening shift Lol. :P Glad its a Sunday though no Judo! :D We can meet up with convoy if there is one?? But need to leave at 3ish again! :)

Moleman

I will arrange a convoy to there a bit closer to the date Anna. :)

Has everyone done a form for this now?

Iancider

Dear Chaps and Chappesses,

I did a bit of a straw poll at the Riverside and there were mutterings of approval for making this a girls day out because it is the perfect venue.  Gents all scrubbed-up and preened and posh frocks for the lady-folk.  Wifey is very keen to do this and to meet the other halves.  So I want to propose that we make this an official ladies day and make a bit of a bash of it. 

Wifey does lovely cakes and a bit of bubby would not go amiss.  So what I am going to suggest is that we bring chairs or rugs, picnic kit and have a bring and share feast.  I am expecting lots of posh sandwiches, cake, scones, strawberies and cream and maybe even some crumpet turning up.

Those with a boot might have to carry some cargo for the under-booted but I am sure we could work something out. 

I am sure all the ladies will come if they know they will not be outnumbered.  So what do you think?

Ian

Moleman

Sounds like a good idea mate. I will bring cake but I may have to eat most of it to get it to fit in my boot.  8)

benchmark51

I can't, I'm wenchless :'( . I could bring my dog, he likes cake :D

Pilgrim Anna

Quote from: Iancider on 06, June, 2014, 06:20:17 PM
Dear Chaps and Chappesses,

I did a bit of a straw poll at the Riverside and there were mutterings of approval for making this a girls day out because it is the perfect venue.  Gents all scrubbed-up and preened and posh frocks for the lady-folk.  Wifey is very keen to do this and to meet the other halves.  So I want to propose that we make this an official ladies day and make a bit of a bash of it. 

Wifey does lovely cakes and a bit of bubby would not go amiss.  So what I am going to suggest is that we bring chairs or rugs, picnic kit and have a bring and share feast.  I am expecting lots of posh sandwiches, cake, scones, strawberies and cream and maybe even some crumpet turning up.

Those with a boot might have to carry some cargo for the under-booted but I am sure we could work something out. 

I am sure all the ladies will come if they know they will not be outnumbered.  So what do you think?

Ian

Hope the weather is good! Brian can bring trailer if anyone wants to put stuff in there. Picnic sounds nice if its sunny ;). we will be up for this.

Bulldog Bri

Are we going as a convoy group or making our own way and meeting there?

8)

Moleman

I will arrange one mate. My local is letting me use their car park to meet up on the Sunday morning. It will be the Air Ballon  BS34 7PY on the A38. You might know it.  ;D  then we just have to go along the A38 all the way.  8)

My goggle maps say it will take 20mins so I'm thinking we should meet there about 8.45 am.

Who is up for this then?  :D

WALNUT

Is that the pub on the roundabout

Bulldog Bri

Yes, just be careful going in to the car park, sometimes the car behind doesn't realise your indicating in rather than just coming off the roundabout, seen so many near misses there.

8)

Iancider

Sounds good to me.  I will ask my rear-gunner to load-up and keep the enemy off my tail as I make the turn :P

Pilgrim Anna

Look forward to it! :) will be bringing our hamper! :P

Moleman

Has anyone not had their pass for this one yet? You will need it to get in. Please let me know so I can ring them & see if you can just turn up.  :)

bluehornetrider

See you at the air ballon, I bring a chair this time.

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: Moleman on 08, June, 2014, 06:41:38 PM
Has anyone not had their pass for this one yet? You will need it to get in. Please let me know so I can ring them & see if you can just turn up.  :)

No, not had anything though here :'(

8)

WALNUT