News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Tortworth Vintage Transport Show

Started by Moleman, 12, February, 2014, 08:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

WALNUT

Colin, can you give my pass to Bri. if you see him. and the poster you done for me, he can pass them to me at the show, if that's OK with him.
                                                                                        Thanks

Moleman

Sprint 7

Hi Colin, I intend to go on the Sat weather permitting as haven't heard the forecast yet. Re; a pass for me ,do we have to have one or can we show proof of ID eg; Club sticker on the car and publicity sheet that Darren provided us with? plus they already have our vehicle details ect. ;) ;)

Iancider

Hi Sprint,

I just spoke to the organisers because Crash Test Dummy wants to go on Monday and they said just turn-up and register on the day with "Rally Control"

Regards
Ian

Pilgrim Anna

Quote from: Moleman on 20, May, 2014, 09:08:48 PM
I'm not sure I can go now due to work so Bri do you want to pick yours up on the way home one evening mate?

Robert What area are you from I'm in north Bristol but I will be happy to drop it to you?

Hairy Santa , Chris61, Flech_306, Sprint7   What do you guys want to do?  :)
Hi Colin I will get Bri to reply back to you about passes. ;D

Moleman

No probs guys.  :) It's looking like I filled in the forms for just for the fun of it then. Glad you can just turn up though they don't say that on the site.  ::) :)

fletch_306

I was probably go on Saturday as I think it may be the only one I can attend but speaking to the wife she may want us to go Monday.

benchmark51

Anyone can get in for the price of a pie and a pint anyway. I think the form thing is for booking a club space as exibitors and free admission. If people are going ad hoc on various days, the only way we might park as a group would be with your form or arriving together. I'm doubtful about the weather so may or may not go, have to see on the day.

Pilgrim Anna

Sorry guys. Unfortunately we wont be attending after all :(. My boy has got a Judo lesson then training plus Im at work in the evening. Sunday and Monday no good either as working.  >:(We hope to make it next year though!

Robert

Looking ahead at the weather, not looking good. So will try and fit in with the weather.

fletch_306

Yeah the weather is not looking great so far.

Pilgrim Anna

Don't feel will be missing much if weather like today! :(

chris61

Looks like I'm going to have to miss this as it's looking unlikely that I'll get my rocker cover sorted in time

Moleman

That's ok Chris. Hope you get it sorted soon.  :)

WALNUT

Went to the tortworth show, was raining when I got there and never stopped until I left and there were only four cars there. not the best show I have ever been to.......LOL 

benchmark51

So, was there a queue to get in.  ;D How long did you stay?

WALNUT

Moleman

The rain will mess up a good show.  ::)  Looks like it might be better tomorrow.  :)

fletch_306

Won't he going at all now started the car this morning and oil started dripping out of somewhere so that's tomorrows job to sort out.

benchmark51

Is anyone going today? Or is it a roast beef, yorkshire pud ect, monaco gp, feet up day?

'Mendip Wurzel'

I may go tomorrow (Monday) if the weather is okay ....

WALNUT

Went again today, dry all day. left about 2. still a bit muddy should dry up if no more rain. Abetter turn out of cars

benchmark51

dare I ask? 6? or more? lol ;)

I nearly went so that along with walnut would have made the 6, providing that yesterdays 4 hadn't given up.
Took Ratbag to Asda, got a beef joint and some rhubarb pie instead  ;D Just time for a quick kip before GP starts.

Moleman

It did look ok today. My car wont be on the road until I get round to putting the new cycle wings on. It's not a big job but I want to modify them first.  ::) :)

benchmark51

Gonna give it a try today, leaving White Hart at 10 if anyone going :)

WALNUT

Just got home. Dry all day, met Iancider and wife, Crash Dummy, benchmark, and Mendip Worzel and wife, not forgetting Milley the dog. A better turn out of cars

Moleman

Nice to hear Tony. Hope it will be good weather for this Sunday.  ;)

'Mendip Wurzel'

The show was a bit average, having said that I seem to have purchased more than usual including a phone for £1 that actually worked when I got it home.

A nice sit down and chat with some of the other club members...

Iancider

Had a Gurt Lush time!

Bit muddy and dismal weather but great company as usual.  Video of the highlights to follow.

Watch this space.....

Iancider

'Mendip Wurzel'

Ian
What an epic video, just brilliant. This takes us to a whole new level with club outings. The video is much better than the actual event. From now on we need you at every meeting....... LOL
Kevin

Pilgrim Anna

It did look cold and muddy! :(. Will try and make it nxt year if weather improves.  Well done with the video. :)

WALNUT

With videos like that we don't need to go to anymore shows, just send Ian

benchmark51

The video was great, apart from my mugshot! :o Should have warned me Ian, I'd have brought a paper bag.
Shame the Queen sq attendees were not there, would of been a sell out event.

Moleman

I didn't look a bit on the muddy side but I would have still liked to have gone. Nice pic's & video though.  :D

Sprint 7

Well done to all the Tortworth crowd.Sat was the only day available to me and we all know what happened  and as I don't have a roof .I'll say no more.
Nice one Cecil "B" de Cider with the video. A very eclectic choice of music too. ;D ;D