Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Christmas meal 14th December

Started by Moleman, 06, October, 2014, 09:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

Christmas meal final details

This last week I have spent each evening looking at various venues and after a fab meal at this restaurant I have decided that this years meal will be held at the Ship Inn in Alveston on Sunday 14th December. It's a bit further north than normal but maybe this will be a nice change and some of our more northern members will be able to join us.
We have exclusive use of the side room and will be seated at 12:30, taking cost into consideration this is very reasonable - 2 courses for £17 or 3 courses for £20 - menu to be added shortly.

The venue has a large car park, with 2 or 3 minor speed bumps, which don't go all the way across the road so they can be avoided.
Please check out the venue here:  http://www.theship-inn.co.uk/

This will also coincide (but is optional) with the Queen Square meet and I still plan on doing the Santa Run from Queen Square to Alveston up the A38. 

I need a yes or no as soon as possible and will require a £5 per person deposit within the next week, please say if it's you or you+1 as most people came with partners last year, I will pm anyone who gives me a yes with details on how to pay the deposit. 

This was a great event last year and I would like to see as many faces as possible, new and old, even if you have not been to any events this year then maybe this could be a great introduction to the club.

This year has been really good with our turnout at events and meetings, this has made mine and Ian Ciders 'job' very rewarding and we would like to top it off with another fantastic turnout - lets beat last years!

Thanks to everyone for your support over the year.
Colin

Iancider

That's a yes from me and Wifey.

She is looking forward to the Santa run too.

Thanks again for arranging this Colin. 
Ian

'The Gaffer'

Yes please. Me +1 or +2. Will confirm asap. Well done Colin

bluehornetrider

Moleman

Come on people please don't ignore this thread. I have asked for a yes or no on this as I need to know numbers for this. It was really good last year & I'm hoping it will be just as good this year.

So a simple Yes please I would love to go (with or without a +1)
              or No thankyou it's not for me   

Please do this very soon instead of just clicking onto the next subject It's not much to ask.
Thank you Colin.  :(         

Lucky Ed

Robert

sorry it's a no. unable to come.thanks for asking   

M@verik

Sadly Mrs M@v and the junior M@v will be dragging me away to warmer temperatures the next morning very early so an escape to car do will go down like a hairy baby, thus sadly I must gratefully decline.

Dixie

Hairy Santa

Its a no from me

sorry Colin its just a tad to far out for me feeling as I do at the moment, if I had power steering it would help  :)   

damouk

Bulldog Bri

Soz Colin, we've just got a little too much going on this year. Gonna have to give it a miss. :'(

8)

CC Cyclone

Sprint 7

Colin ,re our little chat this morning I am doing the noble thing and declining the invite to the xmas meal. Have a good run out next Sunday to Shearwater and I'll meet up with you all next time we hit the square. ;) ;)

Sumov8

Colin

Sorry for the delay, put me and Alan down for a meal, wives are other wise engaged else where

Regards  Steve

longtimecoming

Am I too late to book 2 more for the trough. That's me + 1, Thanks Colin.

dave_bence

Yes please Colin, I would love to go  ;D

Camber Dave

Thanks for the invite but its a no from me - Thanks anyway, Colin

CC Cyclone

Hi Colin, management has shown positive interest despite being 7 months pregnant by then so add a plus one for me please.

Moleman

Quote from: CC Cyclone on 13, October, 2014, 07:44:46 PM
Hi Colin, management has shown positive interest despite being 7 months pregnant by then so add a plus one for me please.

Cool.  8)

Thanks to the one's which have got back to me on this.  :)

So far we have Moleman   +1
                      Iancider     +1
                      The gaffer  +1 (maybe 2)
                      Bluehornetrider
                      Damouk
                      CC Cyclone  +1
                      Sumov8
                      Almondsburyhills
                      Longtimecoming  +1
                      Dave_Bence

Come on guys I need more than this?  :(

bluehornetrider

I replied yes but you haven't added me to your list.

Moleman

Quote from: bluehornetrider on 17, October, 2014, 07:14:10 AM
I replied yes but you haven't added me to your list.
Sorry mate your on there now.  :)

Moleman

Iancider     +1
                      The gaffer  +1 (maybe 2)
                      Bluehornetrider
                      Damouk
                      CC Cyclone  +1
                      Sumov8
                      Almondsburyhills
                      Longtimecoming  +1
                      Dave_Bence
                      Crash test dummy  +1

alastair

Hi colin, I promised I'd let you know about the Xmas meal. Unfortunately mate I can't make it but thought it best to let you know. Have a great time guys and have a great time at combe colin.

bluehornetrider

Might be a plus 1 just need to sort out a babysitter. How can I pay the deposit?

Moleman

I will sort out deposit payments next week mate through either Pay pal, Bank transfer or pop money through my door.

I need to know now people if we are going to keep the room for this please. :)

paintman

Sorry Colin.  the "Somerset Chapter" are having a Xmas meal locally.

Iancider

Calling all new members

Join us for the Christmas meal and get to meet the members. 
And don't forget - on the same day, Sunday December 14th we will be having a

SANTA RUN SANTA RUN SANTA RUN SANTA RUN SANTA RUN SANTA RUN SANTA RUN SANTA RUN SANTA RUN SANTA RUN
from Queens Square - now that has to be fun!

Costumes welcome, fishnets very welcome

bluehornetrider

Managed to sort child care so it a defo from me with a plus 1.

Moleman

Iancider     +1
                      The gaffer  +1 (maybe 2)
                      Bluehornetrider  +1
                      Damouk
                      CC Cyclone  +1
                      Sumov8
                      Almondsburyhills
                      Longtimecoming  +1
                      Dave_Bence
                      Crash test dummy  +1
                      Flipper55  +1

Moleman

Any more for this then? It seems that quite a few guys have decided to do there own thing instead of the Club meal which is a shame.  :'(

I have 2 options which will be to cancel the booked room & book a table for us few or just cancel the event?
I won't lie I am disappointed about the response but there isn't much I can do about it now.

I will still do the Santa run no matter what we decide to do. I will contact the pub to see what sort of deposit they want for a table.  :-[

Bulldog Bri

Sorry Colin, I really appreciate the effort you put in to all these events but work just seems to get in the way so much of the time nowadays. We to could be doing the Santa run at the mo', but again can't say till nearer the day :(

8)

'The Gaffer'

It's a real shame Colin, It's possible more will join us as time goes on but we have got 20 or so which is not bad considering the year before last I couldn't even rustle up 2 or three. Last year was an exception to the rule I think.

YellaBelly

Love to go Colin, but it's a hell of a way from here :(

Hope you have a good 'un ;)

MOZZY

Moleman

OK A table is booked for 20 people. We still have our private room but this could change.  8)
As for the menu we can go for the christmas meal or we can simply go for their normal menu which is very good & will be cheaper. 
(click here to see)  http://www.theship-inn.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/mainMenu-march2014.pdf

So you now have a bigger choice & on the plus side I won't need a deposit as we will be able to order on the day. What do you think guys? I can put the christmas meal on here if you want to see it.

Iancider     +1
                      The gaffer  +1 (maybe 2)
                      Bluehornetrider  +1
                      Damouk
                      CC Cyclone  +1
                      Sumov8
                      Almondsburyhills
                      Longtimecoming  +1
                      Dave_Bence
                      Crash test dummy  +1
                      Flipper55  +1

There is still plenty of time to add more people if you still want to join us  :(

dave_bence

I'd like to see the Christmas menu please Col :)

Moleman

I will scan it tomorrow & put it on here mate.  :)

longtimecoming

Sounds good to me, I'll just have to go on a diet till then. (Yea right!!) Thanks Colin.

sanzomat

I'm afraid I'll have to decline your kind invitation due to prior commitments. I might still come down to Queens Square in the morning though(with or without a santa suit!).