AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Thinking of booking Castle Combe just for us.

Started by Moleman, 30, March, 2015, 10:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Iancider

Sanzomat:

There is a subtle difference between Braking Point and Breaking Point.

Similarly An Inhalation should not be confused with Annihilation

Quick changing generally refers to gears and not to underwear after late braking

Similarly skid marks

And you don't spray deodorant in the Pits

And turning-in is not having a rest when it all gets to tiring.

Hope that sorts all of the definitions  ;D

benchmark51

Someone to chase and re-position cones sounds dangerous, I know of the ideal person, he wears red trousers. Now wouldn't that be fun. ;D ;D

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 07, August, 2015, 01:02:02 PM
Someone to chase and re-position cones sounds dangerous, I know of the ideal person, he wears red trousers. Now wouldn't that be fun. ;D ;D

Santa?  ;D

Moleman

Only a week to go!!! 8) 8)

A quick recap for the day.

Sign in 7.30am-8.30am  = You will also have to sign a Indemnity form as well as showing your Driving Licence which we will need to write the number down on the form.

You will need to do a sound check which you won't be allowed on track until you do & I recommend you do this between 7.30am-8.30am so you will be all sorted before the track opens.

Sound limit is 100db & if you exceed this they won't let you on I'm afraid & there is nothing I can do about this. Sorry.

8.30am = Is the briefing which everyone has to go too. They will give you the low down of all the do's & don'ts, track etiquette & all the rules.

Don't worry the only rule you have to remember is no over taking me!  :P

9am we will start the seasons. If we only get a few wanting to do this then we will fit you all in on the one season. This will be 3 laps behind a pace car which will gradually speed up each lap, then he will peel off & let you get used to the track for about another 5 laps.

9.15am = second season if required.

9.15am = 5pm (accept lunch break) We all have good clean fun for the day.  8)

A few things you will need is = 1, Driving Licence
                                          = 2, No shorts or t-shirts. (you need to be covered up at all times, Including saloon cars.

Please remember there is no fuel station next to circuit any more so bring plenty of fuel with you or you will need to drive into Chippenham.

One little change to the day. Extra driver is still free but we have decided that everyone can have up to two free passengers for the day & any more they will have to pay a fee of £5 per passenger after that. You will get a passenger band which is valid for the day with any car.  8)

All the money from this will go towards the Go Inspire project so I hope this is ok with all of you.

Any questions please ask so I can make the day go smoothly for you.  :)

Reserve list so far is  = Jmad & Jagodo

Facial Hair Optional

That reminds me, I have a sound meter waiting for me at the post orifice!! Nice and cheap on ebay, hope it's accurate(ish)! Don't want a repeat of the Tiger fiasco  >:(

robp

Well, if it's like this next Monday, at least Colin and I will be OK!  ;D 8)

Gary RH7

Pilgrim Anna

Moleman

You are welcome to pop over Anna. There will be loads of us there if you want a passenger ride around the circuit.  8)

Facial Hair Optional

I reckon we could have used this track day to raise funds for the Go! Inspire charity couldn't we?

I am certain if we had let enough mates (and non-mates even) know about it there would have been lots of people who would gladly had paid for passenger rides around the track??

£10 for 5 laps soon adds up if enough guests attended!!  Or even £5 for 5 laps!!  ::)

Most guys/gals interested in cars would give their right arm to go round a race track!!

Moleman

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 10, August, 2015, 08:41:46 PM
I reckon we could have used this track day to raise funds for the Go! Inspire charity couldn't we?

I am certain if we had let enough mates (and non-mates even) know about it there would have been lots of people who would gladly had paid for passenger rides around the track??

£10 for 5 laps soon adds up if enough guests attended!!  Or even £5 for 5 laps!!  ::)

Most guys/gals interested in cars would give their right arm to go round a race track!!

Try reading  all of my recap post mate.  ::) ;)

Facial Hair Optional

Yeah I read that Colin, what I'm saying is I think we could do more with it, never mind free passengers I think most would be glad to donate to go round Combe and we could have offered it as a service!!

I've been in business/sales one way or another for 35 years and I bet we could have had a LOT of people paying to go round at £5 for 5 laps, it's a bargain!!! Could have raised a few hundred I think  8)

I had kids willing to pay to turn up at their school prom in my car!! Lots of ways to raise money when you put your mind to it. Stick on a white race suit and helmet and suddenly you are The Stig!!!!!  :D :D :D :o :o

Moleman

I know what you are saying mate but I can't do everything. I've booked the circuit, organised the payments, ran around getting enough people for it, answered all the questions, offered advice on if you guys would like me to show you the best line to take, offered passenger rides to anyone who would like one, got everyone to now pay a fee after 2 passenger rides, I'm sure I could find time in between driving on the circuit & signing in other passengers on the day to walk around & generate more people to put up some money for a passenger rides for our charity. Just saying mate. :)

Lucky Ed

All your hard work is appreciated Col, I for one am dragging along a few peeps for the day and fully expect to extract some cash out of them ;D It would be great if other drivers could do the same, and maybe some passengers might chuck some money in the pot, regardless of being 'free' or not.

Facial Hair Optional

Colin you seem to have taken this personally. I was never saying you or anyone should have done more, it was just an idea. If anything I was having a go at myself for not making more of an effort. I have in fact today gone out and tried to get a few people interested in coming and donating towards the charity, Only managed 3 so far but it's a start.

Unfortunately the idea hit me a bit late in the day for the event otherwise I would have literally gone around a few local pubs and businesses and promoted it myself.

I could not agree with Ed more, you have done a great job and I have often said "I don't know how you do it or find the time" To be frank Colin I am probably one of your biggest cheerleaders, I know you may think I take the mick about the cones and other stuff, but when I call you 'Squadron Leader' I do actually mean it in a nice and very respectful way mate!!

Let's say it as it flippin' well is shall we (and I don't really care what anyone else says or thinks) this club would not be what it is right now without Colin. Would it? I know there are many others who do stuff too (Ian, Ed, Daves x 8!) but good old Moleman is on here every day keeping everyone going, especially when it comes to actual events.

I will do my best to bring you that cake on Monday you have been after for ages too Col!!  :P :P :P :P

Moleman

No mate it's fine. All suggestions are most welcome I was just trying to underline the fact & can't do it all.  :) I have gotten a skin of a rhino doing this job. All is good mate &  I call first bids on hitting the first cone.  :P

Facial Hair Optional

Hmmmm, I wonder if they do cone-shaped cakes???  :o :P 8)

Cheers Colin

Just been out in the Fury, 1st proper time in ages and I feel  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D and  :o :o :o :o :o :o all at the same time!!!!!!

If there was an icon with shaking legs and laughing hysterically there would be a hundred of them here too!!

damouk

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 10, August, 2015, 09:45:26 PM
Stick on a white race suit and helmet and suddenly you are The Stig!!!!!  :D :D :D :o :o

lol not sure we need many of these walking round......

Lucky Ed

I've got a padded suit like that - except mine's black :o ;)

Facial Hair Optional

I don't need the padded part, just the suit!!

Moleman

You should totally get the suit mate. Then we can call you the Michelin Man.  :P :P :P

Facial Hair Optional

Or the Goodyear blimp?? Hey, I'll have you know I have lost weight. About 3lbs so far. I dropped my wallet!! hahahaha!!

Moleman

Not long now!! 8) 8)

A quick recap for the day.

Sign in 7.30am-8.30am  = You will also have to sign a Indemnity form as well as showing your Driving Licence which we will need to write the number down on the form.

You will need to do a sound check which you won't be allowed on track until you do & I recommend you do this between 7.30am-8.30am so you will be all sorted before the track opens.

Sound limit is 100db & if you exceed this they won't let you on I'm afraid & there is nothing I can do about this. Sorry.

8.30am = Is the briefing which everyone has to go too. They will give you the low down of all the do's & don'ts, track etiquette & all the rules.

Don't worry the only rule you have to remember is no over taking me!  :P

9am we will start the seasons. If we only get a few wanting to do this then we will fit you all in on the one season. This will be 3 laps behind a pace car which will gradually speed up each lap, then he will peel off & let you get used to the track for about another 5 laps.

9.15am = second season if required.

9.15am = 5pm (accept lunch break) We all have good clean fun for the day.  8)

A few things you will need is = 1, Driving Licence
                                          = 2, No shorts or t-shirts. (you need to be covered up at all times, Including saloon cars.

Please remember there is no fuel station next to circuit any more so bring plenty of fuel with you or you will need to drive into Chippenham.

One little change to the day. Extra driver is still free but we have decided that everyone can have up to two free passengers for the day & any more they will have to pay a fee of £5 per passenger after that. You will get a passenger band which is valid for the day with any car.  8)

All the money from this will go towards the Go Inspire project so I hope this is ok with all of you.

Any questions please ask so I can make the day go smoothly for you.  :)

Reserve list so far is  = Jmad & Jagodo

Anyone else coming along as a spectator & maybe even get a passenger ride?

Iancider

BREAKING NEWS - LITERALLY

This is good news for somebody in the standby queue and bad news for me.  My Front upper NS wishbone broke today and  it also has broken the chassis mounting bracket.  It cannot be repaired for Monday.

Moleman will chose the next person in line to take my place on the track and will be in contact with you asap.

I will still come along and enjoy the day but without my wheels.

Good luck to my replacement.

Ian

Lucky Ed

That's a real bummer Ian, at least it didn't fail at the top of Avon Rise :o

I hope it's a straight forward fix.

Moleman

That is a real bummer Ian.  :(  Can you bring the collection pots for the passenger rides please mate. Hopefully we should have a replacement from our club soon.

Lucky Ed

MORE BREAKING NEWS!

Dino Zamparelli has confirmed he will be attending our trackday at Combe on Monday. He will be helping us raise funds for the Go! Inspire charity by offering his services on track in a number of ways.

For a small fee he will be on hand to;

- drive your car with you as a passenger, to prove you need more lessons, not more upgrades!

- give some on track tuition

- give some thrilling passenger rides

Dino is a professional racing driver based in Bristol, and was last year competing in GP3, gaining 6 podium finishes at F1 support races. This year he is competing in the Porsche Carrera Cup sponsored by Bristol Sport. He has kindly offered his services for free to support our charity, so whilst we will announce suggested prices on the day please feel free to give more if you can! My daughter Izzy has offered to organise things on the day and take the money, so be prepared to be harassed by her during the day!

Dino took Ben Conolly for a few laps in my car at the action day earlier in the year, here are a couple of videos of him finding the level of grip in my car :o  a great bit of car control at Quarry @ 6:30 on the first video

Thanks in advance for your support
Ed

Facial Hair Optional

Excellent! Wish you had a 'foot-cam' down in the footwell so we could so what goes on down there!! Looks like he's dancing I bet!

Moleman

looks like I have a busy day today as well.  :o

Lucky Ed

Oh dear, looks like an identical problem to Ian. Do you think you'll get it fixed in time? Give me a shout if you need a hand 8)

sanzomat

Bummer for Ian and Colin. As was said, in many ways better now than when you hit the brakes at the end of the straight. Hope you can get it fixed quickly. Might be worth checking the other corners (I expect you already have). Are these kind of fractures common on these kind of cars? Were those welds done at the factory or part of the kit assembly?

All my wishbones brackets are bolted straight through the GRP so that's one thing I don't have to worry about!

Moleman

Hope to get it done today.

There is a space now if anyone would like it?
(Not my space but Ian's)

Iancider

Wow,

It never rains but it pours Colin.

That break looks easily repairable but it has fractured at the base of the weld.  The rule of thumb is that the weld is stronger than the metal because the over-weld is thicker and this break is out of the face of the tube just below the weld.  So the forces have been great enough to fatigue the metal where is becomes stiffer at the corner.  Like Ed did it would be ideal to make a web to the top bar to spread the load.

Good luck Col!

Bulldog Bri

Could be worth adding extra to the other side as well even if it's not showing signs of breaking yet. ::)

8)

Moleman

All done & all reinforced. But I will look into it more after Monday. I even had time to put my spare cycle wings on as the others ones are cracking again.  8) 8) 8)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 15, August, 2015, 11:01:04 AM
looks like I have a busy day today as well.  :o

Ouch. that looks nasty Coiin. Been working on mine all flippin day too. As my mechanic mate never tires of saying "the joys of kit car ownership mate" Wish I had a quid for evey time I've heard that this last year!!

I hope you get it fixed in time mate. If I can help in any way just shout though I'm pretty sure you will manage  :D

damouk

Looks like everyone has been busy doing something to their car today. I've been trying to get some more rear end suspension droop oooh errrr!

Moleman

Well hopefully all the work we have done on our cars will be worth it for Monday chaps.  :)

Facial Hair Optional

Hope so. I have a trailing arm bush that is knackered.  :(  It sounds horrendous and have not been able to get a new bush in time. I have been told it is safe to use as long as I can bear the noise. Bit embarrassing though tbh!  :-[

Managed to get all the other little jobs done though. I must be getting old, 5 hours working on the car and I can hardly move now. Stiff, sore, aching and downright tired.  :'(

Lucky Ed

Since my last trackday at Cadwell Park I've squeezed in a new big radiator, so hopefully I won't have to cut short any sessions because of overheating - which is probably just as well as Dino will be giving it a hammering again.

Also went to fit my slicks this afternoon and found a wheel nut missing off the car, don't have a clue where that went!
Managed to get a stop gap replacement from Yate breakers just before they closed.