AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Thinking of booking Castle Combe just for us.

Started by Moleman, 30, March, 2015, 10:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

robp

Quote from: Jagodo on 21, August, 2015, 08:30:33 PM
I have uploaded a video of my 'Offings' if anyone is interested. I think the first one was initiated by a rather abrupt down change to 3rd with no throttle blip or clutch easing. The second was helped by a little bump in the track, I think. TWICE in less than a lap, that's dreadful.

Great video!  :D :D

Iancider

Well Rob,

That was a long time to hold my breath.

When you passed me in Crash Test Dummie's the pedal was to the metal!

Good Vid!

Ian

Iancider

FHO,

You did well there - great straight line speed and you were getting faster in the corners.

More laps would have been good - many more would have been even better!

Ian

Iancider

Jagodo,

I enjoyed the vid and your determination.  You were not on the best of tyres but you really went for it - seriously impressed. 

You were suffering some serious oversteer so visit to Dave Gallop would do you some good I think.

TRUE GRIT!

ian

Moleman

Nice video Jagodo it is good to see that people put up their spins as well as their good bits. I only had one spin & will be putting it up.

Robp that was my favourite bit of the day. when I overtook you knowing you was on a cool down lap with the speed you was doing then I saw you in my mirror when I was going up Quarry, I said to myself "He didn't go in? OK like that is it? Game on!" I was smiling all the way through that little run mate. I was so glad it was one of though's rare moments I didn't have a passenger.  8)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: rivsy36 on 21, August, 2015, 07:27:44 PM
Rivsy,s Dad the steadier one!!
   Our car is a Race Corp LA Roadster it has a good engine but is let down a bit else where, STD Type 9 gearbox, Wilwood brakes which still suffer with fade, this is an ongoing project. And electrics that could do with some TLC, any good Auto Electricians recommended would be good? It was good to have you in the rear view, as Brendon had mentioned earlier we had been Blacked Flagged three times for noise, trying to short shift to keep the NOISE POLICE at bay isn't much fun. As for the exhaust it was made at Interpro last year didn't think they made it big enough at the time, should have complained then. Only makes 99 Decibel at static test to close for comfort 93 on the drive by. On the phone to them to get something bigger hopefully at a bit of a discount as they should of done this first time. Hope we can get another track day in the near future. Need some more Tyres now to make it legal to drive, no trailer. We also have some GoPro footage although our upload speed seems to take hours to do just a couple of minutes!!!!! 
John

I have modified my post John to now include your dad!!  ;D ;D I know a couple of very good auto-electricans mate. One I have used myself in the past and intend to use again and one recommended by my mechanic mate who says he's the dogs. I will dig out their details and PM you.

Short shiftting explains a lot. I feel more inadequate by the day!  :( ;D ;D ;D  I'm surprised they didnt black flag me as I actually failed the noise test at 100 point sumfin, but they guy said he thought my revs were high so let me through. I know the car has been tested dozens of times and clocks 99dB. A bit too close for comfort as you say!

I take it you trashed your tyres on the day then? Hope you get the silencer sorted at a fair price John. I think Colin has the right idea about track days, get a van and trailer and go to loads of nice tracks all over the UK! Cadwell Park looked brilliant!

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: robp on 21, August, 2015, 08:54:31 PM
There I was.  Just been out for a session and I was slowing down to let everything cool when this guys comes flying fast in a yellow Westfield. 

Well.  What could I do.  I set off in pursuit, of course!!  :P :P

Brilliant little chase guys and well done for staying ahead Colin!  8) 8)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Jagodo on 21, August, 2015, 08:30:33 PM
I have uploaded a video of my 'Offings' if anyone is interested. I think the first one was initiated by a rather abrupt down change to 3rd with no throttle blip or clutch easing. The second was helped by a little bump in the track, I think. TWICE in less than a lap, that's dreadful.

You were not alone James, I had two spins and a 'straight on' at Bobbies. If you dont have at least one spin then you aint tryin' hard enough!! (as they say) I never got to see mine though  :(

robp

Quote from: Moleman on 21, August, 2015, 09:13:42 PM
Game on!" I was smiling all the way through that little run mate.

Yes, great fun.  Really enjoyed that session too.  :D

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Iancider on 21, August, 2015, 09:10:13 PM
FHO,

You did well there - great straight line speed and you were getting faster in the corners.

More laps would have been good - many more would have been even better!

Ian

You are too kind Ian. My corners were useless but I later found out my bias bar was way out and the fronts were locking up under braking nearly every time. When I got back home the push rod had come out of one of the master cylinders it was so far out of adjustment! Luckily it didnt happen on track. I think maybe I need some high temp brake fluid too as it had expanded so much it was leaking out of the vent hole on one cap!!!

robp

Here is a rear view with a GoPro mounted on the bonnet.  If you look closely you can see my boot lid lifting down the high speed sections before it came loose later in the day! 

Hairy Santa

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 21, August, 2015, 09:23:44 PM
There I was.  Just been out for a session and I was slowing down to let everything cool when this guys comes flying fast in a yellow Westfield. 

Brilliant little chase guys and well done for staying ahead Colin!  8) 8)

I enjoyed that video  ;D

Iancider

For Rob and Colin!

I thought I was in reverse!

Ian

Lucky Ed

Nice one guys 8) I wish I had been out there at the same time, then I could have watched you slowly disappear into the distance ;D

Moleman

I'm sure you would have kept up with us Ed me & you are pretty much together on track.  8)

I'm just downloading the video of my view of me being chased by Rob along with my one spin of the day.
For now here is me taking Sanzomat around the track along with another friend at the end.

Lucky Ed

Nice video Colin. I'll post a couple of Dino over the weekend, I would have done it earlier but I've been a bit preoccupied fixing the car ;)

Jagodo

Colin, I can't believe how fast you go through the chicanes and how straight you manage to make them. Amazing.

Lucky Ed

Here's a video of Dino Zamparelli taking Ben C for a few laps. Unfortunately for Ben, we forgot to lash all of his padding together, so he spent most of the time trying to hang on to the foam - didn't slow Dino up much though ;)

Iancider

Stunning,

I was gripping my seat watching it!

Ian

Daley Down Under

There was a 1:16:8 in there with a passenger (not too shabby).

I knew that I'd miss out on things moving to the other side of the world.  This day looks like it was right up there.  I wish me and the Marlboro Car could have joined you (on slicks with new rubbered in surface)  :D

Cheers Adrian

Moleman

Quote from: Jagodo on 22, August, 2015, 09:31:36 PM
Colin, I can't believe how fast you go through the chicanes and how straight you manage to make them. Amazing.
Thanks mate not quite up to Dino's standards yet.  :)

Ed I studied the last video's he did & was looking forward to some intuition from him this time, it was a shame he wasn't allowed but looking at those video's did give me the confidence to push just that little bit more around the corners & to feel  how much more grip I can get out of my car.  8)

Lucky Ed

Dino having a bit of a 'moment' at Bobbies. He said his feet got caught on the pedals (another one of those racing driver excuses!) so decided to go straight on, only to find the barriers set a bit closer than he thought - close or what :o

Camber Dave

Ed 
Wonderful
Just to put it into context, What speed is 12:00 and 3:00 on your speedo.....

Jagodo

I can't see that last video, all I get is a message that it is Private.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Jagodo on 23, August, 2015, 10:47:42 AM

Same here Ed  :(

Lucky Ed

Quote from: Jagodo on 23, August, 2015, 10:47:42 AM

Soz - try that guys ;D

Lucky Ed

Quote from: Camber Dave on 23, August, 2015, 10:26:50 AM
Ed 
Wonderful
Just to put it into context, What speed is 12:00 and 3:00 on your speedo.....

12:00 = 75mph     3:00 = 125mph

Moleman

That was close mate ;D  About to put up my one & only spin of the day myself.  ::) :D

Moleman

Here is what I saw once I passed Rob only to find he suddenly decided not to come in on his slow down lap & catch up with me so the first laps are me with a really big smile on my face, keeping an eye on Rob in my mirrors while trying to do my best to keep him at bay.  ;D

Followed by a few more passenger laps then my only spin of the day when I couldn't find 3rd & stuck it into 1st!  :o
What I will say is I never left the track limits (grey stuff in layman's terms) which means this was my first track day at combe that I never went on to the grass. Even did my fastest lap ever that day.  8)

Facial Hair Optional

Beautiful lines mate, very nice and smooth too. Now I see where I was getting the chicanes wrong!

You take the same line as Dino through Camp onto the start finish line straight, that takes some bottle mate!

Excellent video all round dude  8) 8) 8)

You were going nicely there with a passenger on board until some d :o khead in a Fury got in your way!  ;D

Nice spin but straight back on it mate, cooool! Took you less than 40 seconds to re-catch the tail-end of the guys who passed you after the spin!  :o :o :o

Moleman

Cheers mate I think I was a bit lucky with how that spin went. Ed & rivsy36 are just as quick with Robp just a bit better than us.  8) It all comes with time, Hopefully more you you guys will be regular track nuts & be just as good. I think Ian would have gone well with his car that he is more used too as well.  :D

Moleman

Quote from: Moleman on 23, August, 2015, 04:07:32 PM
Here is what I saw once I passed Rob only to find he suddenly decided not to come in on his slow down lap & catch up with me so the first laps are me with a really big smile on my face, keeping an eye on Rob in my mirrors while trying to do my best to keep him at bay.  ;D

Followed by a few more passenger laps then my only spin of the day when I couldn't find 3rd & stuck it into 1st!  :o
What I will say is I never left the track limits (grey stuff in layman's terms) which means this was my first track day at combe that I never went on to the grass. Even did my fastest lap ever that day.  8)

I forgot to add thanks for spurring me on rob I loved the way that on your video as soon as I passed you your foot immediately went on the accelerator.  8)

Iancider

Excellent spin - for a moment I thought you were going to drive round the circuit the other way! - If you get my Drift....

Ian

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Iancider on 24, August, 2015, 08:09:54 AM
Excellent spin - for a moment I thought you were going to drive round the circuit the other way! - If you get my Drift....

Ian
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D nice one Ian

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 18, August, 2015, 09:08:13 PM
Good to hear it is not to bad & will be fixed in no time Ed.  :)

Nice video Mike.  Yes they won't all be like that there will be crap weather in the mix from time to time.  8)

How much did we make Ian?

If anyone would like a picture of your car on track

https://www.flickr.com/photos/7713995@N04/albums/72157656886789458/page3

Click on the link & have a look through. The bloke will put 50% of his profits towards the Go inspire now project.
It's £5 for 1  £7.50 for 2 £10 for 3 £15 for 4

Click on it & take a look some are really good anyway.  :)

I may have missed this in the thread somewhere, but how do we order them please guys?

Moleman

I think you click on the sign in mate. I will check.  :)

Moleman

Looking at it again makes me think you just email him the numbers of the photo's you want mate.

Moleman

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 24, August, 2015, 06:12:53 PM
Quote from: Moleman on 18, August, 2015, 09:08:13 PM
Good to hear it is not to bad & will be fixed in no time Ed.  :)

Nice video Mike.  Yes they won't all be like that there will be crap weather in the mix from time to time.  8)

How much did we make Ian?

If anyone would like a picture of your car on track

https://www.flickr.com/photos/7713995@N04/albums/72157656886789458/page3

Click on the link & have a look through. The bloke will put 50% of his profits towards the Go inspire now project.
It's £5 for 1  £7.50 for 2 £10 for 3 £15 for 4

Click on it & take a look some are really good anyway.  :)

I may have missed this in the thread somewhere, but how do we order them please guys?

All you have to do is email Paul on the email address on the picture to tell him which ones you would like mate.

Facial Hair Optional

Cool, thanks Colin.

Being as half of it is going to the Go! Inspire charity I think we should all order one or two at least  :)

I will be going to the ten squid option and having 3 myself. A tenner well spent IMHO  :)

Moleman

I'm just putting this one up for fun & to show you not all my passengers seem that relaxed in the car.  :P

I had my mate & his wife up from New Zealand so came up for the day. She hates cars especially going fast in them but to my surprise she did have a go after watching her husband going around. As you will see she did ok up to her husband who went first.
I think he thought my dashboard was coming lose so kindly made sure it never fell off.  :P He did enjoy it but he did admit that this fingers were numb for a few hours afterwards.  ::) ;D