News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Prescription Motoring Goggles.

Started by Chaz, 26, November, 2015, 12:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaz

Hi all,
Does anyone have a recommendation for prescription motoring goggles? It's that time of the year and my eyes are streaming with the cold air.
Bomber jacket, silk scarf and flying helmet already sorted. :-D

benchmark51

I have recently got prescription specs from specsavers. I got reactolights, work ok. I have flying helmet and goggles too, but seldom use the goggles. Sheepskin jacket as well and am in process of fitting a heater, toasty! ;D

Chaz

Toasty indeed. The engine keeps me warm :D. I got the flying jacket etc because my chums were disappointed I wasn't going for the whole 'Toad at Toad Hall' look. Just could do with the goggles now. ;D

sanzomat

benchmark51

To be honest, I only got goggles for the humour value. Got them on ebay for about a tenner and they do ok. If I was going up after the Red Baron I would probably get better ones  8) :o ;D

Facial Hair Optional

sanzomat

Yep, if you click on "more info" it comes up with a page for that set and includes a "prescription available" button where you can add in your requirements. I haven't actually ordered any so can't actually vouch for them but looks the part.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Chaz on 26, November, 2015, 12:16:20 PM
Hi all,
Does anyone have a recommendation for prescription motoring goggles? It's that time of the year and my eyes are streaming with the cold air.
Bomber jacket, silk scarf and flying helmet already sorted. :-D
Do you mean actual goggles or glasses? I'm not even sure they make prescription goggles do they?

I just got a pair of Bolle prescription driving/sports glasses. They are fully wrap around like a good pair of sunglasses but obviously with clear lenses. I cannot fault them, they are amazing and look cool too.

http://images2.opticsplanet.com/365-240-ffffff/opplanet-bolle-altitude-spiral-sunglasses-4.jpg   but with clear lenses.

I found with proper goggles they were only any good with a helmet. The straps were way too long for just a bare head. I have 3 pairs and never ever use them (non prescription ones that is).

Try here... http://www.bolle-europe.co.uk/

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: sanzomat on 26, November, 2015, 09:52:22 PM
Yep, if you click on "more info" it comes up with a page for that set and includes a "prescription available" button where you can add in your requirements. I haven't actually ordered any so can't actually vouch for them but looks the part.
Nice. Good prices too dude  :)

Crunchie Gears

I have a couple of pairs of Aviator goggles (google them and click images) one clear with prescription lens in them and a tinted pair which go over your glasses.

I have to say they are very comfortable and work really well.  They are not the cheapest but they are very well made.  I have had the tinted pair for 4 years and they still look new despite quite a lot of use.

Chaz

Thanks guys. I had previously googled them and have identified quite a few. I was after any first hand experience...always nice to get info off someone who's tried them.

Iancider

I bought a pair of oversized sunnies with prescription polarised lenses and side wings. The polarising makes a big difference and the wings prevent light ingress and wind penetration via the sides.  They are almost as good as goggles.

Ian

Chaz

Quote from: Iancider on 27, November, 2015, 08:07:26 PM
I bought a pair of oversized sunnies with prescription polarised lenses and side wings. The polarising makes a big difference and the wings prevent light ingress and wind penetration via the sides.  They are almost as good as goggles.

Ian

Side wings eh? I'm intrigued! Couldn't help myself, sorry. I think I know what you mean. :-)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Chaz on 27, November, 2015, 08:10:19 PM
Quote from: Iancider on 27, November, 2015, 08:07:26 PM

Ian

Side wings eh? I'm intrigued! Couldn't help myself, sorry. I think I know what you mean. :-)
Yes, he can play tennis, swim and do all sorts in them without having to worry about embarrassing accidents now!  ;D

I think those kind of glasses are better than goggles Ian and they defo look cooler. You need a clear lensed pair too though cos driving in poor light or at night in sunnies is deadly! That's why I got my Bolle ones recently, ready for Winter time driving. Not that we have had any yet - bloody rain  :(

I have found using proper goggles with specs is nigh on impossible, though you can buy ones specifically designed to be used with specs. I did find some great ones in the USA but can't find the link now, I'm sure they are on ebay too though.

Facial Hair Optional

Facial Hair Optional

Iancider

It just proves Googling, Goggles is good for a Giggle ;D

Gary RH7

Quote from: Iancider on 28, November, 2015, 09:25:14 PM
It just proves Googling, Goggles is good for a Giggle ;D

Ill have what you are on Ian :P

benchmark51

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 26, November, 2015, 09:46:04 PM
Quote from: sanzomat on 26, November, 2015, 01:45:38 PM
http://www.eyekit.co/goggles/motor-cross-and-riding-goggles.html
Something like these? Just googled it and this popped up.
Are they prescription though Dave?

My specs are prescription and I wear them under my goggles. The goggles are cheapie, type 9 copies. Dick Dastardley style! They keep the cold draught out of my eyes, raise a few laughs and not a lot to lose when they get nicked. Worth a try I thought and still ok 2 years later.

Iancider

QuoteThe goggles are cheapie, type 9 copies. Dick Dastardley style! They keep the cold draught out of my eyes, raise a few laughs

You forgot to mention that they look so much better with a MIG pilot's headgear, earphones and a sheepskin jacket  8) :P :o ;) :D.  It is a classic look - if only you roof had been a sliding perspex jobby!  :P ;D

benchmark51

Yes, just need a white silk scarf with the wired flowing tail now. ;D ;D

Chaz

Quote from: benchmark51 on 29, November, 2015, 09:39:37 PM
Yes, just need a white silk scarf with the wired flowing tail now. ;D ;D

Way ahead of you....already got it, though it doesn't have a wire running through it.  :D

benchmark51

A fake handlebar moustache would would finish it off a treat, especially if it's ginger. Tally ho chaps! ;D

Iancider

A fake handlebar moustache would would finish it off a treat, especially if it's ginger. Tally ho chaps!

That's a deal start work on it straight away! ;)