News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

chipped windscreen

Started by benchmark51, 06, March, 2017, 04:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benchmark51

I have a chipped windscreen :(. Having it mended at Halfords, while I wait, tomorrow £25.

I have started to form some gutters on the hardtop as I get a lap full of water when I open the window!
Hopefully the rain will stay away long enough. The mirrors are on now and work very well, did worry that they might look a bit 'charles like' , but they look fine. :) Seats and runners working well too, I advertised the FTO seats on 'Freecycle' and had a queue for them!

fullpint

Coming together nicely then.. :) Freecycle is great, wife has got a lot of stuff from there and also got rid of rubbish.. :) :)

benchmark51

I've given away a couple of cars on there. One had no wheels but they were happy to bring their own!

The Halfords job didn't happen and I still have my chip :(. I went to the appointment and checked in but they were more interested in a group of cyclist. I waited half an hour but decided if their work was on a par with their customer service I might as well go somewhere else.

fullpint

Halfords customer service is CRAP... Our local one you first have to try and find a member of staff, then when you do!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry its not my department... Much the same at PCWorld/Curry's... :(

benchmark51

After watching a few Utube video's on fixing a screen chip, I bought a kit (£3.49) on Ebay and had a go. Pretty straight forward and the result was what I was expecting. Each of the video's say that it is still visible, but it will prevent it getting worse. Time will tell I suppose...........

fullpint

How did we manage before the google & You-tube days :) :)

benchmark51

Yeah, utube is useful but don't take it as gospel! Watch several videos (the more the better) and go with what you feel is right. Got some right numpties making videos on there. :-\