Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

The Footman James Bristol 35th Classic Car Show

Started by Moleman, 17, January, 2014, 07:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

The Footman James Bristol 35th Classic Car Show 14th-15th june.

This is an event held every year which is always pretty good which is held at Bath & West Showground, Shepton Mallet,BA4 6QN.
I have been given the forms for a club entry & club parking spaces for us. there is also a club discount if we do it early enough.

This is the link www.bccsl.co.uk but as some you you will know it doesn't show you any info of it yet.  ::) ;D
I will post more info when I get it.

So who is up for this one & which days?
                                                          1, Moleman = Sunday

WALNUT

Iancider

paintman

Dixie and myself go every year, always a good morning out.    Put us down for the Sunday if you are compiling a list please.

Iancider

Cob68

Hi, I normally go so put me down for the Sunday. Cheers Tony

Moleman

This is an event held every year which is always pretty good which is held at Bath & West Showground, Shepton Mallet,BA4 6QN.
I have been given the forms for a club entry & club parking spaces for us. there is also a club discount if we do it early enough.
Adults £12.00 On the door,  £11.00 Advance ticket.

This is the link www.bccsl.co.uk 

1, Moleman = Saturday
                                                          2, Walnut    = (are you doing the saturday tony?)
                                                          3, Iancider  = (are you doing the saturday  Ian?)                                                       
                                                          4, Paintman = Sunday
                                                          5, Dixie       = Sunday
                                                          6, Cob68    = Sunday
                                                          7, Sprint7   = saturday
                                                          8, Anyone else? :)

WALNUT

Moleman

Ok, thanks tony.  :)

1, Moleman = Saturday
                                                          2, Walnut    = saturday
                                                          3, Iancider  = (are you doing the saturday  Ian?)                                                       
                                                          4, Paintman = Sunday
                                                          5, Dixie       = Sunday
                                                          6, Cob68    = Sunday
                                                          7, Sprint7   = saturday

Iancider

I'm kind of flexible - either day and a sun tan on the other would be fine

Moleman

Ian. The Berkeley Castle car show is on the sunday. If it was on both days then we could have done that one saturday & this one sunday.  ::)

1, Moleman = Saturday
                                                          2, Walnut    = saturday
                                                          3, Iancider  = (I'm guessing saturday)                                                       
                                                          4, Paintman = Sunday
                                                          5, Dixie       = Sunday
                                                          6, Cob68    = Sunday
                                                          7, Sprint7   = saturday

Pilgrim Anna

Not sure yet about this one. Would like to go but do have other  plans! :-\

Moleman

Moleman

I can't do Saturday now. Not sure what I'm up to yet on Sunday.  ::)

Anyone else still going to this?  ;D

WALNUT

I have had a change of mind, don't like the thought of paying £12 to be part of the show.

paintman

Dixie

Quote from: WALNUT on 10, June, 2014, 09:28:59 PM
I have had a change of mind, don't like the thought of paying £12 to be part of the show.

Use the "club 14" promo code and get it for £6.

M

Iancider

I'm going Saturday.

When I went in February I didn't have to pay.  They waved me into the exhibitors queue and directed me to the second exhibitors car-park - free gratis etc.  If "Club 14" doesn't work Walnut you could always try "OAP65"  ;D

WALNUT

paintman

Quote from: Iancider on 11, June, 2014, 08:58:19 PM
I'm going Saturday.

If "Club 14" doesn't work Walnut you could always try "OAP65"  ;D

That's £8.50 using the password "Dad" from the Bristol Classic Car Show web site.....I know 'cause I used it!  :-[

benchmark51

Yep, I done that too ;D
I have an 'anyday ticket' so is anyone meeting up to convoy down?

Iancider

I'm going Saturday cos I'm picnicing on Sunday and was planning to go via the gorge.  It is probably a deviation for mostbut coudl it be an excuse to "do the Gorge" again?

danwilko

I'll be there on the Sunday, travel zoo had a bogof offer on, so did that, got a classic pass, is that the same place as u lot will be?

Pilgrim Anna

No we don't want to pay that much either so will pass on this one!  :'(

Krazyken

If "Club 14" doesn't work Walnut you could always try "OAP65"

Leave my Great Grandad Alone - he has to watch the pennies these days now he's down to his last £7million.

benchmark51

That was a good day with lots to see and brilliant weather. 8) 8) Loads of stuff on sale both new and used. Left there and took a ride through the gorge then back home.

Spotted this 'Pimpmobile' for sale,

but for £21k I'd want a couple of tarts thrown in! ;D

'Mendip Wurzel'

I also went to this show.... very good with a lot to see. Saw 'benchmark51' when he was leaving by the railway crossing, did wave but he didn't see me.

Moleman

I think he may have been looking down for his keys at the time.  :P

benchmark51

Quote from: 'Mendip Wurzel' on 14, June, 2014, 04:36:49 PM
I also went to this show.... very good with a lot to see. Saw 'benchmark51' when he was leaving by the railway crossing, did wave but he didn't see me.

Apologies, I didn't see you. I was abit pre-occupied with the chap with the flags, wasn't sure wether he was waving me through or 'von Ryans express'! :-\. Ratbag behaved ok, almost did a kettle impression on the way home. My keys survived the day as well  :P.

paintman

Quote from: danwilko on 13, June, 2014, 04:54:50 PM
I'll be there on the Sunday, travel zoo had a bogof offer on, so did that, got a classic pass, is that the same place as u lot will be?

Dixie and Cob69 are coming down with me in their Cobras, if you want to meet up look out for us.

I'm poor and can only afford a humble Hood! :-[  ;D

Moleman

paintman

Great day out with a good turn out and lots to see as usual.

We got down there about 11ish and to start the day Dixie decided to have a burnout on the main straight into the car-park with the photographer taking photos so not to be left out Tony in his Cobra and myself laid rubber as well which went down well with the gathering crowd...... big boys and their toys!!! :P :P

Never met up with Dan in his orange Cobra but he probably was there as we saw one in the car-park.

Plenty of nice cars there including a really nice Ford GT40 which was for sell far too cheap and had Dixie and Tony debating whether to buy it or not.

Had a nice pasty each for dinner washed down with a pint, which can't be bad then went on to the Auto Jumble
where Dixie bought a set of micrometers, Tony some Cobra memorabilia and myself new LED lights for the back of the Hood.

Really nice day out!

Moleman