Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Hi too

Started by spitfire4, 08, November, 2010, 04:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitfire4

Hi

not sure if i really qualify, as my Spitfire isnt a kit (though, with a Mk1 chassis and front, and Mk3 almost everything else, perhaps it is?). Had it 25 years. Its not fast by any modern standard, but the reasonably period mods to engine, suspension and rubber mean it goes, stops and handles in the way the original never did. and the roll bar and pipes (non period...) mean that it looks a bit different too... its down at Southern Triumph Services in bournemouth at the mo, being rebuilt after a very unfortunate rear end encounter with our VW Golf (driven by my wife...), but while we were at it we took the opportunity for some serious bodywork (new floors) and a complete paint. looks pretty in Jag BRG. I just have to put it all back together now... :)

WALNUT

Hi, and welcome to the club. my kit is built on a spitfire, so looking forward to seeing what you have done to yours.

Tony

'The Gaffer'

Hi and a warm welcome to our club, a few members have had Spitfires in the past, nice cars.

Your car sounds like a kit so no worries there, feel free to post a pic or 2.

Are you local two us at all?

spitfire4

thanks for the warm welcome. yep, live in Bristol. As i mentioned in my intro, spit is in bits in Bournemouth at the mo, but should be back together in a few weeks. i'll post a couple of pics when its done. cheers, M