Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Keevil Track Day Mon 11th July - £90 Open Pit Lane

Started by Krazyken, 27, February, 2011, 03:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Krazyken

The arrangements have now been made with Motorsport Events for this Track Day so please feel free to book at your earliest convenience.  To get the discount we must get a minimum of 10 cars along and we will be sharing this event with our friends from Bristol Pegasus Motor Club (BPMC).  We can go over 10 but must not be under otherwise the usual price applies of £99.

For this who have not driven at Keevil before it will be the next step up from Llandow with Ed Moores excellent track layout to make and interesting mix of high and low speed corners with a few chicanes thrown in for good measure.  If you get it wrong there is nothing to hit but a cone with plenty of run off without fear of damaging your car.

At £90 it's a bargain and I know from experience that MSE run some of the best track days in the UK with firm but fair rules, any unacceptable behaviour is immeadiately clamped down on so that the few do not ruin the day for the majority.  If you need some professional help MSE will have qualified instructors there on the day to help you brush up on your driving skills. 

Contact MSE directly to book and ensure that you quote Ken Robson when booking to get the BKCC discount, also please post on this forum so that I can keep track of numbers with both clubs.

David H

stupott901

Yes deffinately interested and I agree with comments made is a good all round layout and the MSE team are a good bunch

I'm going on this Saturday 5  march and really looking forward to it just hoping the weather is kind

peetee

Krazyken

Thanks for the expressions of interest don't forget to book directly with MSE quoting Ken Robson to get the discount, 10 places have been put by for this event for members to take up.

alastair

Hi,

I'm certainly interested in this. It sounds even better when you say there is nothing to run into except cones.

YZFMINI

'The Gaffer'

Krazyken

Time for a list, please note that discounted track days are one of the benefits of full club membership so anyone who has not paid their tenner will not be able to claim the discount.  Names down so far are: -

1. Krazyken
2. Dave Bence
3. David H
4. Stupott901
5. Peetee
6. Alastair
7. YZFMINI
8. The Gaffer

I will let you know when you need to pay and can confirm that 10 places have been set aside for us, so the sooner you put your name down and pay your BKCC full membership the better.

madmarkymark

I can get the day off work and am v keen to have a day out at Keevil ... however, I am worried about the noise level limit.  Does anyone know how noisy a westfield megablade is at 3/4 max revs?  It is a standard engine with the westfield exhaust and silencer.  Provided I am below the 100 dB then I am very much up for it!

Cheers,

Mark

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: madmarkymark on 14, May, 2011, 10:09:14 PM
I can get the day off work and am v keen to have a day out at Keevil ... however, I am worried about the noise level limit.  Does anyone know how noisy a westfield megablade is at 3/4 max revs?  It is a standard engine with the westfield exhaust and silencer.  Provided I am below the 100 dB then I am very much up for it!

Cheers,

Mark

Bike engined cars can be a bit of a problem somtimes, best thing to do is take the car to Castle Combe on a track or event day, tell the gate (if the office is open) you only want a sound test and they will probably let you in. Trackdays are easy to get into.

Drive to the test area and let them do their worst, they have pretty sensitive equipment there most of the time. If it fails, go to Merlin Motorsport on the same site and see if they will lend you a small add on silencer that fits over your exhaust outlet if possible, if so, fit it on and get a re-test. Worked for me :)

Daley Down Under

Mark,

For reference, my 97 919 megablade on std westfield silencer at 3/4 revs static was 101-102 dBA.  I used one of the Merlin Motorsport bolt on jobbies (based at Castle Combe) which dropped it by 3dBA.  Think they cost about £40

Adrian

Daley Down Under

madmarkymark

Thanks for the top tips.  The bolt on from Merlin definitely sounds like an affordable option!

Cheers - Mark

steve c

Quote from: Krazyken on 06, March, 2011, 01:09:28 PM
Time for a list, please note that discounted track days are one of the benefits of full club membership so anyone who has not paid their tenner will not be able to claim the discount.  Names down so far are: -

1. Krazyken
2. Dave Bence
3. David H
4. Stupott901
5. Peetee
6. Alastair
7. YZFMINI
8. The Gaffer
9. steve c

let you know when you need to pay and can confirm that 10 places have been set aside for us, so the sooner you put your name down and pay your BKCC full membership the better.

steve c

1. Krazyken
2. Dave Bence
3. David H
4. Stupott901
5. Peetee
6. Alastair
7. YZFMINI
8. The Gaffer
9.steve c
I will let you know when you need to pay and can confirm that 10 places have been set aside for us, so the sooner you put your name down and pay your BKCC full membership the better.

YZFMINI

I think iv changed my mind and fancey the drag racing on this weekend more and cant to both...
Sorry guys...

peetee

I still really fancy this, but haven't booked yet. Who else is up for it?

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: YZFMINI on 18, May, 2011, 09:10:58 PM
I think iv changed my mind and fancey the drag racing on this weekend more and cant to both...
Sorry guys...

Which drag event is that Colin?

probablyleon

I'm up for this but haven't got my car back from AB Performance yet (engine install). I might give him a call to see if he thinks it's a realistic deadline. I let you know asap

YZFMINI

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 18, May, 2011, 11:39:18 PM
Sorry guys...

I thought there was an event at Shakespeare County Raceway on the same weekend???????I

Krazyken

Colin

The event at Shakespeare is a BPMC event and is now Saturday only as the MINI clubs have exclusive running on the Sunday.  This track day is on the Monday. 

You can either do both or join BKCC members who are going to Shakespeare on the 11th & 12th June for both days to make a proper weekend of it.

Krazyken

We only need 2 more for the minimum of 10 required to secure the discount.

1. Krazyken
2. Dave Bence
3. David H
4. Stupott901
5. Peetee
6. Alastair
7. YZFMINI
8. The Gaffer
9. Steve C
10. madmarkymark

I have left a message with MSE to ask when we need to book.  As soon as I have the details I will post up.

steve c

1. Krazyken
2. Dave Bence
3. David H
4. Stupott901
5. Peetee
6. Alastair
7. YZFMINI
8. The Gaffer
9. Steve C
10. madmarkymark

Quote from: Krazyken on 19, May, 2011, 06:03:53 PM
We only need 2 more for the minimum of 10 required to secure the discount.

1. Krazyken
2. Dave Bence
3. David H
4. Stupott901
5. Peetee
6. Alastair
7. YZFMINI
8. The Gaffer
9.steve c
I have left a message with MSE to ask when we need to book.  As soon as I have the details I will post up.

Krazyken

madmarkymark

I drove up to Castle Coombe this morning and the scrutineers were more than happy to do a noise level test .......

99.2 and 99.4 at 8000 rpm. 

I am definitely in - and have left a message with Natasha from MSE.  That should be 10 of us!!

See you in July.  Mark  ;D

Krazyken

Updated list attached, we now have 10 so it's £90 for everyone, I will email MSE and let you know when you need to book.

1. Krazyken
2. Dave Bence
3. David H
4. Stupott901
5. Peetee
6. Alastair
7. YZFMINI
8. The Gaffer
9. Steve C
10. madmarkymark

paintman

Stupott has sold his MK......don't think he'll be thrashing his Cobra around the airfield will he??......just a thought.......... ::)

Krazyken

I have now spoken with Natasha at MSE and you can Book NOW.  Please don't forget to mention ken Robson when booking to get the discount.

madmarkymark

I am fully booked and paid for ... Now all I have to do is:

1.  Repair the car (30min clutch replacement has so far taken 2 days and the spares are going to take another 3 days to arrive!).
2.  Get the time off work.
3.  Explain to my wife why the kids will be hungry that week!!!

Should be a doodle (except for fixing the car!!)  :o

MMM

dikkie

Is it too late to sign up for this one? If not I'd be keen - got the bug after Llandow last month  :P

peetee

All booked and paid! Rich, I think you'll be OK? Ken?

Krazyken

No problem with more than 10 so feel free to book, just make sure you quote Ken Robson when booking to get the discount.

steve c

Quote from: Krazyken on 27, February, 2011, 03:29:18 PM
The arrangements have now been made with Motorsport Events for this Track Day so please feel free to book at your earliest convenience.  To get the discount we must get a minimum of 10 cars along and we will be sharing this event with our friends from Bristol Pegasus Motor Club (BPMC).  We can go over 10 but must not be under otherwise the usual price applies of £99.

For this who have not driven at Keevil before it will be the next step up from Llandow with Ed Moores excellent track layout to make and interesting mix of high and low speed corners with a few chicanes thrown in for good measure.  If you get it wrong there is nothing to hit but a cone with plenty of run off without fear of damaging your car.

At £90 it's a bargain and I know from experience that MSE run some of the best track days in the UK with firm but fair rules, any unacceptable behaviour is immeadiately clamped down on so that the few do not ruin the day for the majority.  If you need some professional help MSE will have qualified instructors there on the day to help you brush up on your driving skills. 

Contact MSE directly to book and ensure that you quote Ken Robson when booking to get the BKCC discount, also please post on this forum so that I can keep track of numbers with both clubs.
Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 18, May, 2011, 11:39:18 PM
Sorry guys...

'The Gaffer'

? Are you just hitting the quote button Steve? You need to add your own comment below the quote in the reply window for it  to be seen.

dikkie

I'm all paid up for myself and an additional driver  :D

alastair

Sorry guys a lack of funds mean I won't be able to make this track day :(. Have a great time though!

Tealbug

Interested in Keevil Track day, what is best way to book to get discount, web, phone or E mail,  also any idea what regs for helmets are as I have 2 and approval markings  are worn on them.

Krazyken

Tealbug

All of the details you need are at the start of this thread on the original posting.

Westiebusa

Quote from: Krazyken on 13, June, 2011, 07:31:15 PM
Tealbug

All of the details you need are at the start of this thread on the original posting.

Hi Ken,

I'm interested in going as my other half would like to have ago :o, what is the deal on second drivers at this event?

Cheers,
Ade