AVENUE DRIVERS CLUB MEETING THIS WEEKEND - 8TH May 2011

Started by WALNUT, 06, May, 2011, 02:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

WALNUT

Just a reminder. The Avenue Drivers Club meet this weekend Sun 8th May
Also our Club meet at Lock Keepers same evening
Hot Rod meet Tues. evening at the Griffin Inn about 7ish

Tony

RobC

will try and get along to this one... thanks for the heads up  8)

Grin-a-lot

Ooh I don't have to back to Glasgow on Sunday night so hopefully I'll see you there.  Might try to get down and look at the cars in the morning as well.

robp

Yes, planning to go to both Queen's Square meeting in the morning and BKCC meet in the evening.

Bulldog Bri

WALNUT

'The Gaffer'

mattsmev

Set out for evening meet in my open sided MEV Rocket with my wife.  very heavy shower on A4 forced U turn, now back at home drying off.  Sorry, we must be fair weather kit car drivers, but our attendance has been rained off.

Hope every one has a good evening, I expect it wont even rain at the lock keeper inn

Cheers

Mattsmev

Bulldog Bri

We to only got half way there and the rain started. The sky in front (Keynsham) was even heavier.  :'(  So we decided to turn around as well.

8)

Bulldog Bri

RobC

I managed to have the same problem...  >:( >:( Sorry will def. make the next one...

Hairy Santa

Quite a turn out for a showery evening, must have been around 12-15 cars turn up, got wet on  the way out but soon dryed off as I was on the bike
I did think the green westy with the hayabusa engine was nicely put together ( sorry didnt get your handle) and was glad the rain held off for everyone
no sign of Tony (wallnut) - hope your bump on the head is nothing serious and that the car can be fixed to look as good as it did before mate 

WALNUT

Im fine thanks Pete, other than a bump on my forehead and a bit of a stiff neck. And more important, the cars OK, just got to get two bonnet hinges for a Spitfire.

'The Gaffer'

Yes, good to see a few there. My first attempt was thwarted by a big downpour the moment I opened the garage door...  typical >:(

Left it for an hour and the skies looked clear enough to try again, this time it turned out to be a nice drive :).

robp

Very lucky here.  Went to both Queen's Square and Lock Keeper meetings; saw numerous black clouds but didn't get rained on.  Car park is Keysham was very wet when I arrived so lucky I was a little late.

Good to see everyone.

dave_bence

A very good turnout, considering the dodgy looking skies.

Here's another fine example of BKCC parking, this time it's Hairy Santa's bike :o

'Mendip Wurzel'

It seems to be catching this parking thing... LOL

Sumov8

Like most as long as you timed the host of traffic lights correctly and kept moving forward there was no need to put the hood up
mind you it started a again when we parked at the Lock Keeper so we through a cover over the car.

Nice turn out considering.

Still had a thumping head from the Bristol rugby the day before so we left early :o :o :o :o :o

Krazyken

Good turn out and great run back around the ring road with Sumov8.  Hairy Santas parking was well & truly noted and a "Black Award" nomination was recorded.

That brings us up to 9 nominations so far this year, BKCC members are clearly relishing the challenge and are determined to get their 15 mins of fame!!