News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Club Meet ?????????

Started by Hairy Santa, 24, August, 2012, 06:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hairy Santa

Anyone game to break out the welly boots and brollies this weekend for a meet somewhere

Phils just got us going again online  - so come on lets get wet and splash in the puddles a bit to show our support  ;)

::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :) ;) >:( :( :o 8)

Thanks Phil

Moleman

I would love to but monday is the only free day I have & I think it's gonna be crap weather.  :'(   but if it's good I'm game then?  :D
Looks like some of us may be going to the haynes motor show next sunday if your not going to the donington show mate?

YellaBelly

The weather looks best on Sunday at the moment. Saturday and Monday looks pretty poo!

robp

Yes let's meet tomorrow. Down the Riversi de?

YellaBelly

Riverside sounds good. What sort of time are folks thinking?

Bulldog Bri

Could be up for this..... What time?

Mid afternoon should be ok (3-4ish) playing taxi till then.

8)

Grin-a-lot

Might be available sometime in the afternoon if I can reassemble my dashboard in time.

stupott901

Could be tempted if weather is ok

YellaBelly

So, what's the concensus then? Anyone going to be brave and put a time to meet on it? ;) :)

Bulldog Bri

I'll put it up as 3pm onwards then. Though we may be a little later.  ;D

8)

YellaBelly

Okey dokey. We'll aim to get there between 3 & 3:30. :D

Bring on the sunshine  8)

alastair

I would really love to come along tomorrow, but doing a day trip with my girlfriend. I'll certainly try to make the next one, especially if it is a evening pub meet!  ;D

Hairy Santa

looks like we have a meet then, hope to see you all there with your welly boots on  ;)

peterw

Looks like Valerie could do with a good ride! Will try and meet you there.
:P

peterw

My avatar has come back, how bazaar

fullpint

Could be 8+ for this one. I'm not saying any thing until I know for sure.

robp

Lucky Ed

Hope to get there for 3 30 if I've been relieved of my taxi duties ;D

Grin-a-lot

I'll be there 3.30 ish provided the new electrical gremlins don't do anything too weird!

fullpint

330 ish for me. Leaving in a mo..

robp

Great to see everyone today. Hope we can meet again soon.

Grin-a-lot

It was a nice meet, nice to see people out enjoying the sun, 9 or so cars lined up certainly caught people's attention.

Rob - Trying to keep up with you around that roundabout caused my HT lead to pop off the dizzy cap and i ended up running on 3 cylinders up the A4174! If it wasn't for that i'd have had you...maybe...!

fullpint

Well I finally made it to the 'Riverside'..
Meet some new people although I tend to forget there real names  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Took a couple of pics showing the massive line-up..

Moleman

I had to miss this great turnout on a nice day to look after 4 kids that ain't even mine.  :'(
I was sat in the park all afternoon knowing you guys may meet up & I come home to find it was a good turnout.  :o
Hope there may be others soon. So now praying for good weather next sunday.  :D

Bulldog Bri

Yup, it was a good turn out best one for a long time. Even with my Bulldog running poorly we made it down for the meet..  ???

Was good to see YB's car at last as well, keeping me inspired to get on with mine.  ::)

Just added a couple pics from Anna camera

8)

YellaBelly

Yep, definitely a good turnout. First one for Jan, and although she expected nothing but blokes talking petrol and BHP she enjoyed it once I convinced her to come along :)

Appreciated the nice comments on the car, just wish I could afford to improve the cosmetics but at least she's a runner now :D Thanks to all for making her feel welcome :D

Behaved really well, but I think there is a bit more to come from the engine even though she is 32yrs old! She didn't seem to want to pull much after about 3800rpm. Not sure whether I'm expecting too much or she just needs jets/tuning sorting out. Must save up to get the geometry and suspension set up though, everyone recommends it so it must be worth it.

John

Hairy Santa

yes great turnout, best in a long time

nice to see 10 cars turn up, we will have to do it more often, how about a evening meet during the week

give us your thoughts on when and time

Lucky Ed

Great to meet up and put some faces to names and to see some cars in the flesh.

I'd be up for some evening meets - better make it quite early - nights are drawing in :o :o

YellaBelly

Me too, early evenings during the week (weather permitting for us softies) would be good :D

peterw

Jb , just noticed apart from your vin being one after mine, your reg is five before mine , strange world init!

YellaBelly