News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Cheddar Gorge

Started by Moleman, 07, June, 2013, 09:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

You are most welcome mate. If you don't join us on the convoy then the riverside pub is at the bottom of the gorge next to the roundabout & public carpark.  :)

WALNUT

OK. I will be at Durley Hill Bus Lane by 9.45
                                                          WALLNUT

Pilgrim Anna

Yes Bri and I definitely up for it. So has anywhere been decided yet? :)

YellaBelly

Quote from: Pilgrim Anna on 20, August, 2013, 04:36:59 PM

Yep, Cheddar Gorge!  :P :P :P ;D ;D ;) ;)

OK, I'll get my coat :)

Moleman

Quote from: Pilgrim Anna on 20, August, 2013, 04:36:59 PM

Hi Anna. all the details are on 6th post up from this one mate.  :)

Grin-a-lot

Sounds good to me!

I'm about to start my Gromit hunting campaign and there's one in the gorge somewhere, does anyone know if we're going near it as I need to grab a photo.  It's been a slow campaign as I've only got 1 of the 80-odd so far but I'm spending Monday on the case!

If not then ill head off after the run and find it.

I'm really looking forward to this - I've not been out much with you guys (or even just the car) recently so this'll be great fun and the weather is looking great too!

I'm coming from Coalpit Heath if anyone wants to meet on the 4174 ring road before getting to Keynsham.

Moleman

We should be meeting up with the Apple county Kit car club either on route or at the riverside pub at the bottom of the gorge.  :D

I'm sure we will have time to look for the gromit mate. you have seen one more than me so far.  :P

paintman

Stupott told me he's coming, if so he'll meet you at the Mendip Inn with me.

Just thought......can't see us all getting in the pub car park especially with ACKCC, last time me and Dixie had breakfast there we struggled
to get the 2 cars in on a Sunday. ::) 

YellaBelly

Quote from: Grin-a-lot on 21, August, 2013, 11:54:54 AM
I'm coming from Coalpit Heath if anyone wants to meet on the 4174 ring road before getting to Keynsham.

Darren, we can meet you on the A4174/A420 roundabout if you like? There is a garage literally just off the roundabout on the left as you come from Coalpit heath, but you probably know it anyhow :)

We could be there for around 9:40, gives us plenty of time to get to the meeting point on Durley Hill.

@Colin, not sure where the Bus lane is on Durley Hill, looked on google maps, but can't seem to find it :( I guess we will find you once on Durley Hill, it seems a shortish road :) )

Bulldog Bri

Probably meet you two there as well, as it's just down the road.

8)

Grin-a-lot

Sounds good to me - I know where you mean so i'll see you there!

YellaBelly

Okey dokey, see you all there :)

@Anna, we tried to get the Midget up and running by then but it was too much to ask :(

Moleman

Yellabelly = When you cross the roundabout on to durley hill it is first right just after about 100 yards of being on the road.

Paintman = We will just have to play it by ear & hope for the best.  :) This is why I was thinking if it was best to go earlier.  :)
There is the carpark next door if not that then we will have to see whats best when we are there. 

YellaBelly

martinb

I'll be meeting at the Mendip Inn. Good for me as I'm in Farrington Gurney.

I would think the car park should be OK at 10:30/45 but there is an office car park next door.

This will be my first runout since joining and I'm also a ACKCC member!

Looking forward to meeting up with everyone and cruising the gorge.

Sprint 7

Have a nice time boys and girls. It's a no show for me as I'm desperately trying to get servo parts for the '7' without any joy. Does anyone know where I can get a repair kit  or even a new diaphragm, or I may bite the bullet and fit a classic mini servo instead as they would fit and at least I'd have brakes. :( ::)

Bulldog Bri

Moleman

Quote from: martinb on 22, August, 2013, 10:18:35 PM
I'll be meeting at the Mendip Inn. Good for me as I'm in Farrington Gurney.

I would think the car park should be OK at 10:30/45 but there is an office car park next door.

This will be my first runout since joining and I'm also a ACKCC member!

Looking forward to meeting up with everyone and cruising the gorge.

Cool. See you there. If anyone else from A.C.K.C. would like to meet us there then that will be great.  :)

peterw

Can't make it, got to go to Derby instead.

Stuart

Quote from: Moleman on 19, August, 2013, 08:46:14 PM
Ok Slight change of plan as most people are coming from the west side of Bristol.
Meet up at Durley hill bus lane at 9.45am.  (if your coming along the ring road from kingswood, when you get to the keynsham roundabout go straight across if you are heading for keynsham, then turn first right).
This should be easier for Wallnut & Yellabelly to meet there.  :)

Head off at 10am, heading for the A37.

After we pass through gurney slade we stop at the Mendip Inn pub to meet up with Paintman.

then from there turn on to the B3135 straight down through Cheddar gorge. then park up at the riverside pub for some food refreshments.
what do you think?  :)

Some of the Apple County members will be heading for the Mendip inn arrival aprox. 10:45

Stuart

Moleman

Thats good news Stuart. We will see you there. we should be there about that time but if we are early then we will hang around for you.

The weather forcast is looking good so please be at the keynsham meeting point on time.  :)
Saddly I wont be going as the westy is running but not good enough to take on the road.  :'( So Bulldog Bri knows the way & will meet you guys at the meeting point.

Paintman= I have given Bri your mobile number incase there is a prob their end but if you need to contact the group for what ever reason just ring me & I will let Bri know.  :)

Have a good day Colin.

YellaBelly

Looks like we're not going to make this one :(

Jan has not been too well for the last couple of days and I can't see her being any better by the morning, so I think It'll be a no-show for us.

Hope the weather stays kind for all those going. We WILL make this one some time!

paintman

Quote from: Moleman on 24, August, 2013, 08:12:05 PM

Paintman= I have given Bri your mobile number incase there is a prob their end but if you need to contact the group for what ever reason just ring me & I will let Bri know.  :)

Have a good day Colin.

Ok Colin, thanks for organising the day.

I'll be at The Mendip Inn about 10.30am as arranged with Stupott in tow....see you there. ;)

'The Gaffer'

Great to catch up with everyone today and to meet a few new faces too. Nice to see the ACKCC in attendance too.

All went well until the heavens opened between the Mendip Inn and the Gorge truly soaking everyone in topless cars. Looks like the weathermen got it wrong yet again >:(  I think quite a few gave up at that point and went home but several of us still made it to the Riverside pub for a well earn't meal and a drink and finally a patch of blue sky.

21 cars at the Mendip Inn meeting point.

Pete polishing off his second breakfast in true BCCC form.

Quite a nice venue, the Riverside in Cheddar.

Bulldog Bri

Great day out, so what if we had a little rain ??? just had to keep going. Lol. And to those who did keep their roofs up (smug buggers) it's only water. :'(
Impressive mix of car for this one as well though was a shame we couldn't all fit in the car park at the pub.
Good food (when it arrived) as demonstrated by Pete who had his second helping.

They will fit

Hey Darren, you missed your first Grommit

8)

fullpint

What a great showing of cars.. I did look at the forecast and it was not too good. Still good that the hardy people made it.. And I mean the ones with no roof  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Lucky Ed

Great turnout and some nice photos. Hope you didn't get too wet.

Pete - nice to see you are still managing a square meal - wouldn't want you wasting away would we ;D ;D ;D

Moleman

Nice pictures guys. They never said anything about rain? :o

Great turnout I hope to make it next time.  :D

YellaBelly

Nice pics guys :)

Miffed at missing yet another Gorge run :( but couldn't leave Jan as she is not a well bunny. Hoping to try and get to the Bradley Stoke run tomorrow though.

Grin-a-lot

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 25, August, 2013, 03:47:31 PM
Hey Darren, you missed your first Grommit

Not to panic, off to look for them all today!

johnboy

cheers for the run out guys it was good to finally put some faces to the names, and to be fair i had a good giggle what with the rain and the micky taking, a bloody good couple of hours well spent
cheers  ;D :D 8)

oh ps  grin a lot. i think i saw one of those grommit thing on the downs?(going from bristol zoo to clifton rfc) on the right hand  side :o ??? ::)