Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

The 3rd Battle of Britain living history show Taunton

Started by Graham Adlam, 26, June, 2013, 09:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Graham Adlam

Hello All

I organise the Battle of Britain living history show at Norton Fitzwarren in Taunton. The show will be held on the 31st August and 1st of September 2013. This is our third year and we are expanding the show to include classic and custom cars. Exibitors will have free entry to the show which includes free camping if required. There is entertainment on Saturday night for all exibitors with a cheap bar. If you are interested in attending the show you can find details on my website www.spitfirespares.com or email me gadlam@btinternet.com. There will be two Spitfires on sight along with a Hurricane and a WWI Vickers gun bus Bi Plane along with lots of other attractions, displays and trade stands. We pride ourselves in looking after all our exibitors and hope some of you can attend

Graham

Edit. Added to Calendar.

Moleman

This looks like it might be a nice one to go attend. We could do a convoy from bristol meeting up with the guys down south then on to the show. We may be double booked for the sunday though as I think Haynes motor museum have something on on the sunday.

It will be a 2 hour drive from Bristol but could be a nice run if the weather is good? :)

What do you guys think? click on the first link then click on where it says "Link to the 2013 Battle of Britain Living History show" where it has all the details.  :)

peterw

'The Gaffer'

This could be interesting, only and especially because exhibitors get free entrance but......

We don't normaly take to kindly to paid exhibition companies using our site for advertising profit making events without prior agreement - Graham, take note but the thread will run.

Graham Adlam

My apologies for not asking about posting this it was meant as an invite rather than advertising but I take your point and will contact you next time first.  Thank you for the response there will be application forms available on the website shortly for anyone who wants to attend if you need these by post you can email me gadlam@btinternet.com Passes are sent out in advance of the show so only cars which are booked in,  will get entry to the show site. Thank you all again and I hope to see some of you at the show.

Graham

fullpint

Does sound interesting, Spitfire  8) 8) 8) 8) 8). As Colin said tho a 2 hour run will very much depend upon the weather on the day for us hoodless people  :D

Hairy Santa

Quote from: fullpint on 27, June, 2013, 05:41:17 PM
Does sound interesting, Spitfire  8) 8) 8) 8) 8). As Colin said tho a 2 hour run will very much depend upon the weather on the day for us hoodless people  :D

take a brolly  ;)

Moleman

OK. Who would like to go to this one?. :D

we will do a list on the bases the weather is going to be great!  ::)
And we will do a convoy down there if people are up for it? Once we have enough takers? :)

Looks like there will be a form to show your car & for free entry but we will sort that out later down the line.  8)

WALNUT

you can put me down for it
                                              WALLNUT

Graham Adlam

You are very organised it will probably be easier for you if you do a group booking. I would need a single point of contact and I can send all the passes to one person . I will get a link to the forms asap we are working on this years updates now.

G

WALNUT

With all these spitfires about Im a bit worred about turing up in a replica german car..........LOL

Graham Adlam

Don't worry there will be a few German Re enactors to protect you just stay away from the arena when the Spitfire is carrying out its weapons display.

WALNUT

Hairy Santa

sounds like it could be an interesting day

I'm up for this - should I bring my bren gun  ;)

Dixie

Sorry guys I am on holiday.

Would have liked to see Santa re-inacting his old war days.

M

Moleman

Quote from: Graham Adlam on 28, June, 2013, 11:41:27 AM
You are very organised it will probably be easier for you if you do a group booking. I would need a single point of contact and I can send all the passes to one person . I will get a link to the forms asap we are working on this years updates now.

G
Hi graham. When You are have the link you can put it on here or send me all the details? My email adress is in my proflie.  Once I have done the group booking you can send the passes to me. :)

Ok guys Whos is up for this?  :) It's on the saturday 31st august & sunday 1st september. Which of these would be better for you?
There is the Rare Breeds Car show at Haynes motor museum on the sunday but if you rather do this one on the sunday no probs?  :)

1, Moleman   Sat or Sun is ok with me.
2, Wallnut     Sat ? or Sun?
3, Hairy Santa Sat ? or sun ?
4, Peterw   (maybe)
5, The gaffer (maybe)

Anyone else? please say which day is best for you.  ;D
Thanks Colin.

WALNUT

I would perfer the sunday, but willing to fall in with what ever everyone else is doing.
                                                                                                                            WALLNUT

Krazyken

paintman

Sorry guys I am on holiday.

Would have liked to see Santa re-inacting his old war days.  Ouote

M

1st or 2nd World War??????  Lol ;D ;D

Graham Adlam

Hello Colin

I am just waiting for admin to finish updating the booking forms ect and will get in touch as soon as they are done

Graham

'The Gaffer'

1, Moleman   Sat or Sun is ok with me.
2, Wallnut     Sat ? or Sun?
4, Peterw   (maybe)
5, The gaffer  Sat

benchmark51

Sounds good, count me in please. Probably saturday

Moleman

Anyone else?
1, moleman  (if car is running)
2, Wallnut     Sat  maybe or Sun yes
4, Peterw   (maybe)
5, The gaffer  Sat
6, krazyKen Sat? or sun ?
7, Benchmark51

Even if you are thinking about it as a possible but not sure yet please put your name down. thanks.  :D

YellaBelly

Put me down as a maybe chap, not sure if it would be Sat or Sun though.

Graham Adlam

Hello All

Application forms are now available on this link http://spitfirespares.co.uk/Battle%20of%20Britain%20living%20history%20show%202013.html  You should use the Military Vehicle form as we do not have one for classic cars yet just put a note on the top about what you are bringing

cheers

Graham

Moleman

If anyone who would like to go to this one I will do a GROUP FORM for us all if you like as I assume we will be going in convoy? ::)
Even if you are not sure please just send me these details by personal message & I will add you to the form.
I will need =
                   Make
                   Year
                   Model/Type
                   Country of Origin
                   Registration number

Thanks guys.  :)

Moleman

Anyone else up for this?
Please put your name down if you are thinking about it as there is a FORM I have to fill in which there is a deadline.
1, moleman  (if car is running)
2, Wallnut     Sat  maybe or Sun yes = Form info recieved
3, Hairy Santa Sat ? or Sun ?  = Form info recieved
4, Peterw   (maybe)
5, The gaffer  Sat
6, krazyKen Sat? or Sun ?
7, Benchmark51 Sat? or Sun?
8, Yellabelly Sat? or Sun? = Form info recieved

As well as putting your name down plese PM me the info I need to do our group form? 
Thanks colin.

garry h

hI guys should have spartan up and running next week.This sounds like a good virgin mainland trip so put me down as a maybe with fingers crossed. :) :) :)

'The Gaffer'

Not sure what cars/ car we will be taking. Will let you know soon Colin.

Moleman

No probs Phil.
That's good to know Gary. Pm me your details that I need so I can stick you on the form.  :)

Graham Adlam

One of the most vital pieces of equipment for this years show under construction. Anyone who is staying over on the Saturday night can experience a great 1940s party and discounted prices on the bar. We have plenty of free camping available for all. Looking forward to seeing you all at the show.  :D

Moleman

Who else up for this?
Please put your name down if you are thinking about it as there is a FORM I have to fill in which there is a deadline.
1, moleman 
4, Peterw   (maybe)
5, The gaffer  Sat

As well as putting your name down plese PM me the info I need to do our group form? 
I will need to know the details pretty soon!
Even if you are not sure send me your details I need to do the group form.  :)
Thanks colin.

Moleman

Anyone who hasn't Pm me their details won't be going so please let me know so i can put you on the club form

you have until until middle of next week.
thanks Colin.

'The Gaffer'

Moleman

1, moleman 
4, Peterw   (maybe)
5, The gaffer  Sat = Form info reccieved
9, Pembly Mike = info recieved

ANYONE ELSE? 
Thanks colin.

Moleman

These are the people going that have give me the info.
1, moleman 
4, The gaffer  Sat = Form info reccieved
5, GaryH  sat? or sun? = Form info reccieved
9, Pembly Mike = info recieved

You have until midday tomorrow if you want your name down for this.

Moleman

Wallnut, Hairy Santa,The gaffer,GaryH, Yellabelly & Pembly Mike.

I have your car passes for this now.  ;D
Do you guys plan to go down in convoy or meet up there? If your all going together then i can drop of the passes to one of you guys? I wont know until wednesday if I'm going yet & if I am then I'm happy to go down in convoy? :)
If not I'm in the north Bristol area if you want to pick it up from me?

Gary= would you like me to post yours if your still going mate?  :)

garry h

Hi colin I'll pm you with my address if you could post it that would be good.
provisionaly booked ferry.
I took the Spartan out for a completely legal test drive yesterday and she overheated on me and a slight oil leak on steering rack.Im going to take thermostate out and run her again to see if that cures her.
Mot on Thursday so hopefully will be going if all goes ok  :) :) :)

WALNUT

Im up for a convoy to this one.
                                 Walnut

Moleman