Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

CKC OMEX Trackday. Sat May 16th 2015.

Started by 'The Gaffer', 11, November, 2014, 08:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

sanzomat

Hope you all had a good day. Cracking weather! I'm very jealous as my trip to Rome didn't happen in the end. We were on the point of setting off on Tuesday morning when we found out our flight had been cancelled. There was a big fire at the the Rome airport late last week and as a result lots of flights were cancelled and ours is one of them. The flights have been refunded but we're having to claim off our travel insurance for the accommodation and other costs. I rang Ian Stent but apparently there were no spaces left and already a reserve list so no chance of coming to the track day to console myself. We managed to find some available accommodation in Cornwall so drove down to make something of the week booked off. To be fair, with the fantastic weather we actually had a great time - who needs Rome!

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: sanzomat on 16, May, 2015, 04:07:54 PM
Hope you all had a good day. Cracking weather! I'm very jealous as my trip to Rome didn't happen in the end. We were on the point of setting off on Tuesday morning when we found out our flight had been cancelled. There was a big fire at the the Rome airport late last week and as a result lots of flights were cancelled and ours is one of them. The flights have been refunded but we're having to claim off our travel insurance for the accommodation and other costs. I rang Ian Stent but apparently there were no spaces left and already a reserve list so no chance of coming to the track day to console myself. We managed to find some available accommodation in Cornwall so drove down to make something of the week booked off. To be fair, with the fantastic weather we actually had a great time - who needs Rome!

What a nightmare, pleased it will all work out in the end though.

I had a great day at Llandow despite my car still blowing smoke from somewhere inside the engine compartment ::) Hopefully I will have some time to investigate further so I can do more than 3 laps in a row. It was a really good social day so that sort of made up for it and the weather was wonderful.

CC Cyclone

Home after a long day. I caught up with a few of you in between the stress of trying to get the car ready for CKC.
Colin, I never seemed to be in the right place at the right time to catch up with you - too busy enjoying yourself and quite right too! Keep hold if my pass and will make other arrangements to collect it from you.

A nice sunny day in the end, if s bit stressful. Now nursing sunburn believe it or not.

Iancider

It was truly great day and the weather was in the end very good.  Everybody got loads of track time and I came home frankly exhausted - with just enough energy to smile.

Managed to take Phil for a ride and we were out there on our own for a while and Colin repeated that with the final laps on his todd.

Smudge, good to see you got some great track time - your Aeon is awesome.

Ian

Moleman

It was a good day. I was shattered when I got home, Along with a very red face due to the sun or wind I'm not sure which.  :D
Everyone had a good time, We never had one red flag all day,  :o apart from the odd yellow flag it was almost incident free.  8)
My car ran without any problems all day, and for the record I never hit any cones or even went off-roading once.  :-*  Everyone else seemed to be going well too & it was good to catch up with a lot a people in between driving around in circles.

Did a check over on the car today & everything was ok apart from one nut & bolt that had become a bit lose. It was the one claps the steering rack on the toothed universal joint which turns the wheels (Don't know the tec term for it)
Who needs to steer anyway.  ;D 

I post a video up at some point. 

Moleman

Just a little sample of the day I had on Saturday. Check out the flames coming out the exhaust of the Omex car at 4.55 & 5.40 You will see them better on full screen 8)

Lucky Ed

I'm very jealous, it looks like you guys had a great day.

Colin - I'm pleased you didn't have to take my bad luck this time ;)

jeffw

Was a good day as always.  Nice to see so many well driven cars on circuit.

Moleman

Very nice mate. Did you have a problem as I didn't see you out there much? Unless it was tha fact we just wasn't out there at the same time?

jeffw

No problem, I did 6 or 7 runs of about 6-7 laps.  I get bored after a while unless there is something to chase in the distance.  I was at Snetterton on Sunday so I didn't want to damage the car like last year so was taking it easy.

'The Gaffer'

Nice footage of Llandow Jeff, what is going on in the bottom right shot?

jeffw

That is the front of the engine/shock/supercharger belt.

CC Cyclone

I was a bit envious as I never actually managed any track time. I even packed my helmet just incase. Anyway, good to catch up with some of you, was completely knackered by the time I got home.

Did you fix your smoke Phil?

smudge

Well I had a fantastic first track day on Saturday - how lucky were we with the weather!!?

I think Martin may have now caught the bug as he's talking about getting a bike engined car, so we could have a new member in the not too distant future  ;D

Anyway, here's a video for now, I'll post more as and when I get around to it  :D

Iancider

And here is another video!

I got to take out two Phils in one day.

Set your speaker to loud and turn the sub-woofer up as well.

'The Gaffer'

Great video Smude and pleased you enjoyed your first track day, wasn't so daunting was it ;)

Great editing there Ian, I enjoyed that and thanks for the ride 8)

Quote from: jeffw on 19, May, 2015, 05:52:59 PM
That is the front of the engine/shock/supercharger belt.
Thats cool, I could have done with one of those to try to see where the smoke is coming from from my engine when it gets really hot.

Moleman

Your car does look quick Smudge. I'm sure Cadwell in June would suit it even better.  ;)

Moleman

Just another little Video. Not up to Ian's standards I'm afraid. The first bit was the only backwards footage I got & the bracket became lose so you will have to tilt your head.  ::)
The second bit is when I give Ian's boy a ride round, I did like the way he waves to Barry when he saw him taking a photo.
Smudge your car looks quick in this. That is a lovely bit of kit mate.  8)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEkLEjhCsF8

smudge

Thanks Gaffer, yep I had a blast - literally!!  And no, when I got into it my nerves went.

Great video Colin!  Nice to see such a well driven Aeon by such a rookie lol!!  I just thought I was holding you up so got out of the way!!

And I would love to do Cadwell Park, but realistically I'm not going to be set up this year for that trip.  Next year will be different though, I definitely have got the bug, so very much hoping to be a regular in the not too distant future

Moleman

Smudge I think you will have the legs on me on a long straight mate.  8)

Moleman

Here is a few pictures of the day. Dose anyone else have any?  :)

Bulldog Bri

Good pics ;D

You should have the top one made in to a poster ;)

8)

CC Cyclone

edit - can't get image to upload, will try later