News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Excellent Quantum H4 for sale.

Started by Bilje55, 08, May, 2017, 06:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bilje55

Excellent example of this seriously affordable classic kit car.  Private Plate included in the sale.   This one in current ownership for the last 8 years with three owners only, builder (professional engineer), previous and myself. Professionally maintained regardless of expense, mechanically excellent (all new suspension last Autumn), new front discs and pads for the New MOT (expiry 04/2108) Lexus-style rear light clusters. Good strong oil-tight 1600 cc Silver top Zetec twin cam engine with professionally fitted BRC LPG system new to this car giving a range of 400 miles (combined Petrol / LPG). Sensibly sited LPG filler and tank. Leather covered steering wheel, Kenwood stereo, 5 alloy wheels with good tyres (4 Michelin, 1 Nexen). Electric windows and mirrors, PAS  Clever folding roof for full open top to closed coupe in under a minute. Good sized boot uncompromised by LPG tank. Re-covered really comfortable Fiesta Si seats. Recently tidied interior. New gas struts fitted to folding rear window section. Excellent, practical, reliable, fun, nippy little car, cheap to run (petrol and LPG) cheap to insure (I paid £140 fully comp), easy and cheap to maintain, with Ford parts (Fiesta Mk 3) easily and cheaply available....use as your daily driver???
The not so good bits:
Minor damage to front panel below bumper, repaired but not perfect.  Interior very functional and OK but some might think it needs further cleaning / tidying / updating. Gel coat still holds a good polish, but a bit faded and imperfect in places. Rev counter non-functional at present. Heated rear window needs re-connecting. HOWEVER: new rev counter, carpet and vinyl supplied if required in the agreed price.

Reason for sale: I am genuinely reluctant to part with this as I have loved this little car for the past 8 years, but as I am now retired and the opportunity has arisen to acquire "my dream car" I have a new project awaiting my attention,  so reluctantly the H4 must go, hopefully to someone who "gets it", and appreciates what terrific little gems these cars are. Car was displayed at Stoneleigh, on Sunday 30th April  and attracted some interest but no firm offers as yet. Car advertised on eBay and elsewhere so this ad. could be removed at any time. 

Why is this is a good deal? The H4 was ahead of its time. The targa roof and folding rear window section is nothing short of brilliant. The LPG set up would cost over £1500 at today's prices...this car has it already. It has a NEW MOT, good tyres, good exhaust, a strong engine and gearbox and has been almost completely mechanically overhauled in my ownership and everything works (except the rev-counter) and if the car doesn't sell in the next few days, I might find the time to fix that too. Ford Fiesta Mk 3 Si mechanical base, so easily looked after.

Questions? phone 07434-644563

photo website hosting

benchmark51

I bought a Quantum +2 in December, to use as a runabout. 1600 cvh, did some fixing up, flew through the MoT. Tester quite fancied it I think, impressed with the build.

Kit car insurance £126 f/comp and cheap to run. Rag top and hardtop, both good nick. Makes a good winter kit as well as a runabout and the usual fiesta 'extra', RUST is missing!

Would have bought  a H4, but none around at the time.

Bilje55

Sorry...you missed it. Went to it's new home today...missing it already.

benchmark51

Know the feeling, recently sold 'Ratbag' and I miss it loads. Might be selling my Transit camper project soon as well. Thats a 2.3 duratec petrol/gas, hi top with an awning. Just got no room!!