News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Looking more like it

Started by peterw, 23, March, 2011, 06:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterw

After slaving away in a freezing garage all winter, Its finally starting to look like a car !!

Quarrycars

Nice job, that engine looks right at home in there ;D.  Watch the copper fuel lines though, the engine vibration tends to make the copper work-harden and crack.
Cheerz, JT

stupott901

yep looking very nice engine looks great

Denzle

...Smart job...Like it... :P

But to me, I think they should be in Lotus colours of green and yellow.   Thats giving my age away when the lotus 7s were like that...........Many moons ago... ;D

'Mendip Wurzel'

Looking great Peter. I see you have gone for a darker blue as opposed to pale blue.... very nice.

I must pop around some time to take another look.

Kevin

'The Gaffer'

YellaBelly

David H

peterw

Yea the 1970's bathroom suite blue just didn't do it for me!!!, anytime Kevin just give me a ring
pete ;D

Psymon

peterw

I try and stay away from greens, living in the country, people mistake me for a moving hedge!!! :)

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: peterw on 24, March, 2011, 08:47:51 PM
Yea the 1970's bathroom suite blue just didn't do it for me!!!, anytime Kevin just give me a ring
pete ;D

I prefer the darker blue to the pale blue look, much nicer and matches the seats ... but then I would say that as it is a similar colour to mine.

Looks like you glued the mudguards. I expect you made a good job of yours, mine fell off so they are now pop riveted.

Bulldog Bri

Denzle

Quote from: peterw on 24, March, 2011, 09:02:32 PM
I try and stay away from greens, living in the country, people mistake me for a moving hedge!!! :)

You could have given her a camoflage coat.  You could go out rabbit shooting in her then........ ;D     ;D   Only joking, its your car and your choice....It looks brill.... ;)

paintman

Nice colour......better than the common orange/red ones!!!.......lol. ;D ;D

Psymon

Quote from: paintman on 27, March, 2011, 02:57:27 PM

And WHATS wrong with orange ??  ;D ;D ;D

Simon  ;D

foggy

I like orange,red,green,black,blue and bling!! Thats the colour of my car!  But I agree,that is a very nice shade of blue.

paintman

Quote from: Psymon on 27, March, 2011, 03:43:19 PM
Quote from: paintman on 27, March, 2011, 02:57:27 PM

And WHATS wrong with orange ??  ;D ;D ;D

Nothing......mines almost orange but blue makes a nice change.  (Dave H will now reply no doubt...lol.) ;D

Denzle

If you want some ideas for colours....Just follow the style of our forum, that keeps changing daily.... ;D  Try Black..lol... ;)  Sorry Phil...only joking.... :-*

peterw

Quote from: foggy on 27, March, 2011, 08:59:32 PM
I like orange,red,green,black,blue and bling!! Thats the colour of my car!  But I agree,that is a very nice shade of blue.

It's Peugot Royal blue if anyones interested
Pete

David H

yeah blue is nice for a car

Hairy Santa

peterw

paintman

That's not such a bad idea, you will get lots of attention............"Look at that prat in a pink Kit Car" lol :P

YellaBelly

Don't tell me about Pink! The step-daughter wants me to build her one of these in Pink :o :o