News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Yzf R1 Mini Winter work

Started by YZFMINI, 16, December, 2011, 09:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YZFMINI

I never did a build thread as it was built before i joined this club.

Last few months:-

I have not used the car since i did a track day in September at castle Combe, when all was well until very weak fuelling occurred after lunch when i refuelled.
17:1 AFR !! :o :o!!!!!! Just ask David H who was out in the car with me at the time. I thought i had bought some rubbish fuel. I was able adjust the fuelling but it made no difference so my day was over early.
Since then i have not had much time due to me and my wife becoming 3 with the berth of our little girl Olivia.
So i've not had much time in the garage.

However whilst off on my paternity leave i tested the fuel system and found that my fuel pressure regulator had failed in the open position, :o :o :o :o, that would explain the very weak fuelling. well i did put in some good lap times in the morning of 1:31.5 ish.
.. so I've fitted a spare i had.. not had a chance to run it yet but it should work..

So here is what's next..
Mot has run out and will defiantly no pass in current state, with a missing exhaust manifold and a fibreglass front end.

I have made a new stainless steel Manifold that will not stick out the front. Also purchased a new fibreglass front. Pictures to follow.
So over the next 2 weeks in will attempt to get it all fitted..

Happy Christmas to all

Yzfmini

'The Gaffer'

Well done Colin. It was a shame about the track day ending early but at least you found the problem.

Take the car to FCM for your BKCC discount.

The car will look great with a pipeless front, full spray job then haha.

Merry Xmas.

Hairy Santa

aw  -  you cant cover the nice shiny stainless exhaust downpipes up after all the hardwork that went into making them  - you will have to cut the bodywork just to show them off  ;)

How about one of these for the winter

David H

I can vouch for the lap times.

I was scared :o :o :o :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Congrats on the little one. My wife is jealous!

Daley Down Under

Colin,

Congrats to you both on the new arrival. Good news that the Mini is up and running again.

Happy Christmas

Adrian

fullpint

Congrats on the new arrival mate.. I can't see you having much time to work on your yzf Mini tho!! New-born's can take up a fair bit of time... ;) Still good luck on both accounts..

YZFMINI

Thanks all she is doing very well..

I've been in the garage, below is the pics of my home made stainless steet exhaust cost me about £25!!!!!!!!

Also pic of the new fiberglass front, currenlty sat on the front mountings.. just the side fixings to do..
once fited ill be cutting out the holes for lights and air and a windo to show off the exhaust which should go a nice Blue colour!!! :P :P :P

just about getting one job doen at a time..

Yzfmini

Daley Down Under

'The Gaffer'

YZFMINI

My little helper / Apprentice, Olivia

fullpint

Nothing like starting them off young.. All she needs now is a trolley to get that sump plug out  :D
Liking your homemade stainless manifold  8) And once is goes blue it will look the dog's...

YZFMINI

some progress below.. font and lights fitted. just need to fix the bonnet.
Nice shiny stainless showing from behind front..

fullpint

That manifold looks close to the ground.. Looks  8) though..

'The Gaffer'

Love the little helper pic, well trained already :)

Those pipes do indeed look low, are they lower than the previous ones?

YZFMINI

it's the same height as b4 if not a few mm higher.. it's about the same height as a standard mini gearbox.
iv made more progres, so more pics to come..
Yzfmin

YZFMINI

Exhaust is fully mounted and no leaking fumes.
so just need to fit wheel arches and get mot and paint..

Yzf

Daley Down Under

'The Gaffer'

Wow paint as well 8) Cant wait to see some pics.

fullpint

8) Back on the road shortly then!.. Love it when a car get's a little TLC.. What colour can we expect to see???

YZFMINI

MOT passed this morming...

even got my home made carbon fiber front wheel arches, first mould, to get me going...

just need weather to warm up before i paint..

Yzfmini

robp

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: YZFMINI on 04, February, 2012, 12:37:50 PM
MOT passed this morming...

even got my home made carbon fiber front wheel arches, first mould, to get me going...

just need weather to warm up before i paint..

Yzfmini

Well done!!! Looking forward to some pics.

YZFMINI

Daley Down Under

Great progress - bring on the warmer days

'The Gaffer'

Great improvement Colin, like it.