News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Mk Indy Fireblade up for sale.. Fancy a change.

Started by fullpint, 01, May, 2016, 01:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fullpint

Spread the word chaps.. Yep after 5 years I think its time for a change. Popped the old Mk on flea-bay today. I know exactly whats going to happen now!!! We will have wall-to-wall sunshine for the next 6 months haha.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162055998346?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Facial Hair Optional

Can't believe you are selling it mate  :( What are you going to get next??

benchmark51

Probably something quick, comfortable and with a roof?

Facial Hair Optional

fullpint

Quick!! Don't get us BEC owners going on how much quicker we are hahahaha..
But yes a removeable roof would be nice :) Got my A5 for comfort so I'm thinking kit car or may be a usable classic..

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: fullpint on 02, May, 2016, 12:45:57 PM
Quick!! Don't get us BEC owners going on how much quicker we are hahahaha..

Yeah spot on Steve!!! I gather you have local interest in the car already!!  ;) ;) ;)

CC Cyclone

But yes a removeable roof would be nice :)

It is a really tough one as it is the best and most 'finished' practical kit car I have ever owned, but the cyclone will be up for grabs soon to fund the new project. I had hoped to get a couple more months of fun out of it this summer but if the right person came along and wanted it....  :-[ Something to think about  :'(

Iancider

Good luck with the sale Steve and whatever you want next,

Ian

fullpint

WOW, that did not take long to go!!! A trade dealer in Middlesbrough is sending down a truck tomorrow to pick up the Mk...
Guess I could of asked more for it... Easy to say now tho.. Had loads of interest.. Two guys being localish which is a shame because it would be nice to see it stay in the club.. Oh well :)

fullpint

As you know I was fairly interested in yours before you snapped it up.. :)
Quote from: CC Cyclone on 03, May, 2016, 08:34:53 AM

But yes a removeable roof would be nice :)

It is a really tough one as it is the best and most 'finished' practical kit car I have ever owned, but the cyclone will be up for grabs soon to fund the new project. I had hoped to get a couple more months of fun out of it this summer but if the right person came along and wanted it....  :-[ Something to think about  :'(

Facial Hair Optional

I think something went wrong with your last post Steve. Which car did you mean??

fullpint

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 03, May, 2016, 11:06:21 PM
I think something went wrong with your last post Steve. Which car did you mean??
The Mk mate.. It is being collected today.. Kind of strange for a trader to buy it at the price I wanted... :)

Facial Hair Optional

No I meant this bit Steve......

"As you know I was fairly interested in yours before you snapped it up.. :)" - did you mean the ASBO?

I know Mike B was very interested mate, he'd loved to have seen and tested it.

Good luck with the sale though mate, let's hope he's not one of those dealers that haggles on seeing it like quite a few I know!!

benchmark51

When Sprint 7 was selling his Hood, I told 2 people about it. One was a dealer, he was round there next day and gave full asking price. Could be dealers have people waiting for them, and there is probably a healthy mark-up too.

fullpint

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 04, May, 2016, 09:15:04 AM
No I meant this bit Steve......

"As you know I was fairly interested in yours before you snapped it up.. :)" - did you mean the ASBO?

I know Mike B was very interested mate, he'd loved to have seen and tested it.

Good luck with the sale though mate, let's hope he's not one of those dealers that haggles on seeing it like quite a few I know!!
Mike B called on Monday but weather was crap to view :( What I meant was ref CC Cyclone. I nearly purchased it before James but the Mk would not let me :)

Facial Hair Optional

Ah I see now.

Shame about the Mk not staying local Steve but you gotta do what you gotta do I guess  :(

fullpint

Got to take the money from the first person willing to offer it :) Could of sold it 3 times yesterday.. Oh well

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: fullpint on 04, May, 2016, 03:18:03 PM
Could of sold it 3 times yesterday.. Oh well

Good car Steve that's why! Very few BECs in the club, I regret not being able to have a better look at yours and maybe a passenger ride in it too. It's good to get some BEC experience of cars other than your own.

The best memory I have of yours is it coming hell for leather towards the layby as me and Gary waited for you near Chippenham/M4 to go up to that TVR meeting last year. I didn't think you would stop you came in so quick!!

My Tiger will be next in line, MOT tomorrow, then get her ready to go  :(

fullpint

Thought I was taking it easy that day,,,hehehehe.. I will miss the BEC big-time. Love the sound they make and  they are so quick up to 70mph :) Well its gone now, left here at 7pm on its way to Middlesbrough...

Facial Hair Optional

Yep they sound amazing, even just starting one up has to be one of the best noises known to man! I am totally converted.

I know this is a bike and not a BEC but it illustrates the point. This is exactly why I love a BEC with a flatshifter fitted!!

Watch the 1st two minutes, especially from 0:40 to 1:40. Keep an eye on the inset image bottom left, speedo and rev counter - and that's just a 600!! :o

Paul.latham

Sold you car quick and it's back up for sale from the dealer! £6795 on eBay without stickers.

Facial Hair Optional

Hmmm, interesting the way he says it's his own personal vehicle just selling though his company so no VAT. Technically true but I wonder what he'd say if asked how long he's owned it for? Is he trying to imply that he's not bought it as a dealer to buy and sell on for a quick profit or infer that he has owned it for some time maybe?

benchmark51

Nothing unusual there really, he's a dealer and has to turn a profit. He can't hide length of ownership, dvla check sorts that.

He'll probably say, bought it , drove it, sh*t myself, now selling it. ;D ;D

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 13, May, 2016, 11:33:31 AM

He'll probably say, bought it , drove it, sh*t myself, now selling it. ;D ;D
Very true Dave!  ;D ;D

fullpint

Looks kind of strange with out my sign writing on it.. Yes he is a dealer and I understand he needs to sell for a profit to cover the collection fees. Oh well my search goes on :)