+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Anyone ventured out this weekend?

Started by paintman, 18, January, 2015, 07:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paintman

Hi, took the old Hood out today in the winter sun for a run.....still running it in.

Had to stop a few times to do adjustments to the fuel pressure regulator but besides that it went well and is definitely
loosening up a lot....used 5,500rpm a couple of times for short bursts.

Wasn't looking its best though as it was covered in patches of undercoat and no front wings or grill etc...

I didn't have the doors on either so very drafty and cold....lost my peak cap coming back! :'(

Anyone else bin out recently?????

benchmark51

Not since the last meet at Queens sq, too fridgio! Have been out and about in the Tranny, but that has a heater you can do toast on :P. Not been too interested in doing much work either. Have only made 1 seat base for the tranny all week.

sanzomat

Had a short run in the Spyder this afternoon, with the top down and a firmly fitting fleece hat! Did a bit of fettling when I got back. Sorted out a loose screw on one of the hood fixings on the screen top - didn't have a nut behind and had just been tapped into the fibreglass. Was very awkward to get a nut in place but got it there in the end with a bit of bent wire coat hanger as a tool! I've put another click on the rear dampers too as now my tyres are gripping it felt like it could do with being a bit stiffer.

'The Gaffer'

Just not had the time. A crisp drive would have been nice though.

'Mendip Wurzel'

Much too cold for me to venture out in the kit car ..... I find the wind chill unbearable on your face.

garry h

Worked on saturday and had grandaughter stay over on sat evening so no time this weekend  for me :)

Iancider

I have not been out for two weeks.  I don't mind the cold but I ave just been too busy.

Regards
Ian

Moleman

Haven't seen mine in 4 weeks hope to take it out tomorrow if it's dry.  :)

Iancider

QuoteHaven't seen mine in 4 weeks hope to take it out tomorrow if it's dry.

Welcome back Moleman - the forum is already looking busy again - hope you had a great time.

Sunny day likely tomorrow - watch out for fierce brakes.  Enjoy!

regards
Ian

paintman

Went out in Dixie's Cobra this morning to Shearwater to have coffee with Dave the café owner.....bit cold!!!

He's only done 30 odd miles on his newly built 4.6 V8 so running it in.

Mine's in my garage waiting for paint still!

Moleman

You both did better than me as I didn't get a chance today.  ::) :)

CC Cyclone

Car still in bits. Not much happening and too cold in garage to do anything at the mo. Still I have been too busy buying stuff on ebay that I don't need.