News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Fullpints Mk Indy Replacement..

Started by fullpint, 09, July, 2016, 01:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

Or you could go to Infinity Exhausts by Junction 18 M4 Dodington, I hear they will make you whatever you want.

https://www.infinity-exhausts.co.uk/index

Paul.latham

Quote from: fullpint on 13, July, 2016, 07:45:38 AM
Cant be 100% sure but I reckon the Toniq could be below that 105db :)  Think I may take it out later today or tomorrow :) With its freshly coated wheels :) :)

Sorry to go off topic.
Looking at the last car and now this comment do you work for a company that powder coats things.

Just wondering as you are so local and my wife is probably going to buy a mini and we will want the wheels powder coated white.
Can you do this?
If so how much?

Cheers
Paul

fullpint

Hi Paul; Oh yes I have my own small business :) What diameter are the wheels?
Check out my web site www.tpcs-magnesium-refurbs.co.uk or ping me an email on;
tpcs2010@live.com

fullpint

Love the wording;; They say it can take upto 0-9db off.. hahaha, So you spend £48 and you could end up at the same level hehehe..
Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 13, July, 2016, 01:09:28 PM
Steve, I used one of these https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p/merlin-mild-steel-racing-muffler-m-ex-muff-4

I believe you can even try before you buy as long as one of the testers are there on the day you intend purchasing. Make sure you get a good clamp though!!

Facial Hair Optional

Yeah that is always a personal bugbear of mine too Steve, when adverts or companies claim 'up to' in their adverts!!!

I often feel like having a rant about it but I get the feeling it's just me who feels that way - glad to hear I am not alone!!!  8) ;D

jmad

Slightly hugely off topic but I had a row with a person in B & Q about weed fabric. He wanted me to spend twice as much on the better fabric because that would protect me from weeds for up to 10 years I tried to explain that the issue was the "up to" but he was insistent that the important thing was the ten years. We agreed to disagree  ??? ???

benchmark51

Wasn't the 'up to' thing pioneered by the internet suppliers?

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: jmad on 13, July, 2016, 09:32:59 PM
Slightly hugely off topic but I had a row with a person in B & Q about weed fabric. He wanted me to spend twice as much on the better fabric because that would protect me from weeds for up to 10 years I tried to explain that the issue was the "up to" but he was insistent that the important thing was the ten years. We agreed to disagree  ??? ???

I agree, the term 'Up To" should be banned, especially from TV advertising - It's such a pointless phrase >:( The term 'From' is equally infuriating :(

benchmark51

fullpint

Toniq r900 may well be going :( I popped her on FB just to see what interest is around.. Got two people who seem very interested with one guy coming down from Chesterfield on Friday morning to view!!! :)

benchmark51

Well, it catches up with us all eventually! I sometimes wonder how much I enjoy this sort of thing now, maybe a classic comfort car may be on the cards. I always liked the Triumph 2.5 pi, lost a race with one once when he nicked me for speeding :-X. Trouble is anything slightly interesting is megabucks.

Paul.latham

The TVR chimaera is comfortable and has a roof and a heater!
Loved mine.
Actually in 4.5 years of ownership it never went wrong!!!!
Sound great
Quick enough

Go drive one
My wife didn't mine it.
She won't even go in my M K
Or sardine tin as she calls it.

Wouldn't hear what she said anyway lol ;D

fullpint

As it happens I was stuck before a TVR today on the way back from a breakfast meet.. Sounded lovely and the driver looked very warm sat inside his shell :)
My wife loved going out in my Mk ..

fullpint

Well the Toniq r will be collected on Monday morning, its off to the Netherlands... Same place your Cyclone went to Phil..   What a lovely guy he is.. :)

benchmark51

So it's out for a last outing this weekend is it? :'( :'(

fullpint

Nope :( Old seats are just resting on the floor.. Could be interesting driving it on the guys trailer come Monday morning....

benchmark51

So what's the plan now? Got a replacement in mind? Or are you going to go roof,heater,doors route?

The Quantum fulfils my need at the mo' as it is a convenient all weather runaround and is really cheap too. I have fun in Ratbag but it is very 'now and then' and no garage ain't no fun either. I can't even work on it 'til the sun comes out and that's restricted too.

fullpint

I should of got one of the two cc cyclones that were in the club.. Roof, heater,cd player and a glove box hahaha

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: fullpint on 03, February, 2017, 03:35:04 PM
Well the Toniq r will be collected on Monday morning, its off to the Netherlands... Same place your Cyclone went to Phil..   What a lovely guy he is.. :)

Wow that will be two kit cars I have owned gone to the Netherlands. He his indeed a great and trustworthy guy. There wont be any left in the UK at this rate!!