News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

My old girl (car that is :))

Started by YellaBelly, 19, January, 2017, 11:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellaBelly

Hi all,

Not been on for ages and thought it about time to pop-in!

I wondered if anyone who knew my old Locost has seen her about at all in the area? Last I heard the guy who bought her (Chris) solde her on.

Be good to know if there's still life in the old girl :D

JB

benchmark51

I remember, it was Chris61 from Yate that bought it from you. I think he moved out of the area due to work commitments. He did sell the car and I believe it went to somewhere toward the south coast.

How are you anyway? Still twiddling the spanners? Dave.

YellaBelly

Hi Dave,

Yep, still twiddling! :D Almost got the Midget ready for MOT now, just waiting for the weather to warm a little as I have some stuff to sort that can't be easily done when it is too cold.

It'd be intersting to see if I could find out where the car went, maybe I will pop a post on a couple of other forums with some piccys and see if anyone recognises them?

All change here though, after much deliberation, we have decided to move overseas to be nearer the Grandchildren. They moved to Portugal about 3 years ago, and last October we bought a place in the middle of Portugal. there is no way we could ever afford to buy over here now, (too late in life for a big mortgage!  ;)), and the price we paid for a place with buckets of land, sun, and space over there was about 25% of what we would have to pay over here.

I will still be keeping an eye on the forum though ;)

JB

benchmark51

I still have Ratbag, but considering letting it go now. I've got a Quantum 2+2 now as well to use in the winter. Has hard and soft tops with proper doors. Basically a Fiesta XR2 mechanically, with fibreglass body.

If I had the chance I would go abroad tomorrow so envy your move big time :P

Good to hear from you, keep posting on the forum and I'll let you know if there are any sightings of your car

YellaBelly

Good stuff!

We are hoping to make the final push in June, we're going out end of Feb for a week to get some stuff done and then again in April. The biggest thing is driving over with the dogs, they ain't gonna like 23hrs on the road! :) The best thing about the move is that we own the place outright, no mortgage!! ;) 8)

Thanks Dave, I'll keep an eye out for sightings :D

JB

fullpint

Welcome back JB, so your living life in the sun, lucky you.. Topless 12 months of the year then hahaha

benchmark51

When I got my dog he was in Dover and on the way back he barked for 40 miles but then I stopped at a layby and let him pee. Got back in the car and he barked for 5 minutes and the went to sleep for the rest of the way.

I did a drive down to Madrid, via San Sebastien and loved it. Some lovely roads. I avoided toll roads, well I was in no rush. ;)

YellaBelly

Quote from: fullpint on 20, January, 2017, 03:40:53 PM
Welcome back JB, so your living life in the sun, lucky you.. Topless 12 months of the year then hahaha

Cheers Steve :)

Not sunning it yet though, got work to do on the house before it is ready, but we stay with family when we go over and work on the house then, it's only 15 minutes away from them.

Now I definitely wish I'd still got my Locost, it would be awesome out there for 9 months of the year :D 8)