+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

The jump

Started by Iancider, 05, February, 2014, 08:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iancider

I watched ths today - Felix Baumgartner and perhaps man's greatest ever feat.  He passed the sound barrier on the way down and experienced the kind of acceleration you will only know in Hairy Santa's car.

[/color]]http://gopro.com/videos/video-of-the-day/2014/1/31?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=vow-hero_txt&utm_campaign=20140131_mass_superbowl-30sec_baumgartner_responsive_us&utm_term=VOW&ExactTarget=true

YellaBelly

Watched that live on TV last year I think it was, all I can say is BIG B*lls!!! :o :o

Preferred this version though:

Edit:Removed url tags to embed video

Moleman

I wondered if the cat landed on it's feet? Like people say they always do?  :D

Iancider

QuoteI wondered if the cat landed on it's feet? Like people say they always do?  :D

How would you tell after impact - 1mm thick and 20 metres wide?????? :o

YellaBelly

Probably got caught in the JetStream and ended up in Asia (Mmmmm! cat curry :)))

'The Gaffer'

Lets put this into perspective..

Within 10 - 20 seconds of the hatch opening the poor cat would be unconscious and would immediately experience simultaneous urination, projectile vomiting, and defecation, the latter two caused by gas from it's digestive tract being rapidly expelled.  It also would suffer from dramatic seizures along with a thin layer of ice on it's tongue as the moisture in it's mouth evaporated, cooling the tongue rapidly. Finally, the cats' body would swell to nearly twice it's normal size, so that it looked like an inflated goatskin bag.

Within 2 mins it would be dead.

So in conclusion, this video is obviously FAKE!!

YellaBelly

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: Iancider on 05, February, 2014, 11:51:17 PM
QuoteI wondered if the cat landed on it's feet? Like people say they always do?  :D

How would you tell after impact - 1mm thick and 20 metres wide?????? :o

Tom & Jerry fan here.. Me finks. :P

8)

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 06, February, 2014, 10:59:10 AM

Within 10 - 20 seconds of the hatch opening the poor cat would be unconscious and would immediately experience simultaneous urination, projectile vomiting, and defecation, the latter two caused by gas from it's digestive tract being rapidly expelled.  It also would suffer from dramatic seizures along with a thin layer of ice on it's tongue as the moisture in it's mouth evaporated, cooling the tongue rapidly. Finally, the cats' body would swell to nearly twice it's normal size, so that it looked like an inflated goatskin bag.

The cat wouldn't have know those implications! So I believe it ;D

8)

benchmark51

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 06, February, 2014, 10:59:10 AM

Strewth, I had some of those symptoms after a bad curry!  ;D ;D

Hairy Santa

I wondered where our cat got to the last couple of days - now I know  ;D

Iancider

Well you know the rule with cats - still eight more attempts to go! :D