News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Fancy a cup of Tea?

Started by Iancider, 12, December, 2014, 10:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iancider

This Colin Furze chap is Bonkers but you have to like his spirit ;D

sanzomat

All very well but he's completely ruined the tea by putting the milk in first...

benchmark51

Exactly, looked a bit like the stuff I had in India except I had 2mm of grease floating on the top. YUK

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: sanzomat on 13, December, 2014, 03:03:39 PM
All very well but he's completely ruined the tea by putting the milk in first...

I always put the milk in first :P

benchmark51

milk in the cup first ok, if tea brewed in the pot.

sanzomat

The milk in first or after debate dates back to when cheap china broke easily from thermal shock. Rich people had expensive, top notch china teacups and these were okay with pouring the hot tea straight from the teapot then adding the milk after. Common people bought cheap china and soon found that the cups would crack if they poured the tea first so the habit of putting the milk in first to reduce the thermal shock to the china was established. Nowadays all china can cope with the thermal shock so it doesn't matter (if using a teapot) which order you use but it is said to be a sign of common breeding to put the milk in first.

When brewing up in the mug IMHO its impossible to get a proper brew if the milk is in first - the liquid needs to be as close to boiling as possible to get the tea to infuse properly. Milk in first means that you're trying to get the flavour out of the tea leaves with only about 80 degrees. Just won't happen!

paintman

So that clears that one up Folks!! ;D

garry h

I must be one of the commoners   ;) ;)

Iancider

So there we have it,

Nobody thought it strange that he used a pulse-jet engine at 200 decibels [louder than Concorde] to make a cup of tea but putting the milk in first made him a weirdo! :P ;D  :o