News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Boys toys

Started by Iancider, 19, September, 2015, 09:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iancider

Facial Hair Optional

That's just nuts!! Would that even be legal here in the (killjoy) UK???  >:(

Bulldog Bri

R/C planes was how I got into Kit cars.
Always making models when I was a kid. Then progresses to R/C model planes, up to a 5' wing span Sopworth Pup. Got a bit scared of flying after watching someone crash a beaut aerobatic plane so changed to racing off road cars. After that the kits got bigger. ;)

8)

'The Gaffer'

I spent ages building a large model boat with my old man when he was still around, looked fantastic and very detailed and we really enjoyed the build. On it's maiden voyage something went wrong with the electrics, it caught fire and sank unresponsive controls to far away to save.

Thinking about it, maybe thats why I have an aversion to building things these days... "Hmmm, tell me about your childhood".

Iancider

As I kid, I feel out of a few trees.  Maybe that is why i am a tree-hugger now.   :D

peterw

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 20, September, 2015, 10:58:37 AM
I spent ages building a large model boat with my old man when he was still around, looked fantastic and very detailed and we really enjoyed the build. On it's maiden voyage something went wrong with the electrics, it caught fire and sank unresponsive controls to far away to save.

Thinking about it, maybe thats why I have an aversion to building things these days... "Hmmm, tell me about your childhood".
Bit like the Titanic....

peterw

Oh by the way, Back on line again. After windows 10 upgrade, locked out of the club web site and it kept sending the password reset link to the email junk folder, Oh good old windows.....

Moleman

Nice to hear from you again mate. You still could of joined us on some events though.  ::) :P 8)

paintman

I used to race r/c cars indoors and out in the 70's, my mate's dad had a toy shop and he persuaded him to start a r/c section with a car racing club.....it really took off back then. ;D