+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

BKCC AGM and Award Ceremony - May

Started by 'The Gaffer', 05, April, 2012, 08:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

The event you have all been waiting for has finally been organised, it's the BKCC AGM and Award Ceremony - Now all we need to know is who is interested in coming along and making this an eventful, entertaining evening. This of course includes the award nominee's listed below, winners will need to be there to collect their prizes :).

Dependant on interest, the event will be booked during May on an evening at our regular meeting place 'The Riverside Inn' in our own private space in the conservatory.

The Agenda is nice and simple with only 4 items on it: -

·   Where we as a club have come from.
·   Where we are now
·   The future of the Club
·   The Black Awards (KrazyKens version of the Oscars)

Firstly may we congratulate all club members on how hard you have all worked to achieve your Black award nominations, it really is an embarrassment of riches.  There are only 3 rules used to determine the winners.

1.   We never let the facts get in the way of a good Black Award
2.   The judges decision if final
3.   The recipient has no right of reply

So now that the rules have been established the nominees are: -

Matts MEV
David H
Dave Bence
Wallnut
Johny Morris
Hairy Santa
YZF Mini
Rob P
Peetee
Foggy
Krazyken
The Gaffer
Peter W
Wallnut (again)
Dave Bence (again)
GKD
Wallnut (yet again)
Hairy Santa (yet again)

The AGM is open to all club members and we would encourage all to attend as any club is only as good as its members.  All Black Award nominees are urged to attend to collect their prizes and claim their places in BKCC history.  So the details for your diary are: -

Date: TBC
Time: TBC
Venue: Riverside Inn at The Shallows, Saltford, Bristol.

Interested? Please put your name down.

See you there...            

Hairy Santa

sounds ike it could be fun, keep us posted  ;)

Moleman

I will be interested. Will give a definite answer when you have a date incase I'm can't make that date or rearrange any other commitments I already had on .

foggy

I am interested, but I need to know the date.

YellaBelly

Assuming I'm not teaching somwehere foreign count me in :)

'Mendip Wurzel'

Cob68

I am not traveling in May so should be able to make it but can confirm once date set.

Sprint 7

Hi pepes,Sprint 7 is back and almost on the road.Would like to go to the AGM depending on date,so Gaffer Phil keep us posted please.

Daley Down Under

Don't think I'll make it. Still 50/50 whether I'll get the Spire road legal over here

Adrian

WALNUT

Ill be there, even if the kits not on the road.

Tony

Almondsburyhills

Very interested.... will look out for update....   

paintman

Put me down Phil.....will definitely make an effort to attend. ;)

Bulldog Bri

I can't make weekday eve's,  :'( but other than that count me in.  ::)

8)

peterw

I'll do my best to be there, ( could be a prize involved)  providing that i turn up on the correct date !!!!

robp

Yes, will be there so long as it's not the first Thursday of the month.

Lucky Ed

Will get there - depending on the final date.

Sumov8

SPAXIMUS

I will make it depending on the date.

Richardp

Will try to attend, but work permitting.

alastair

'The Gaffer'

1.   The Gaffer
2.   KrazyKen
3.   Hairy Santa
4.   David H
5.   Moleman
6.   Foggy
7.   YellaBelly
8.   Mendip Wurzel
9.   Cob68
10. Sprint 7
11. Wallnut
12. mskinner
13. Almondsburyhills
14. Paintman
15. YZF Mini
16. dave_bence
17. Peterw
18. robp (If not 1st Thurs of month)
20. Ed P
21. Sumov8
22. Grin
23. Spaximus
24. Buldog Bri (If not weekday)
25. Richardp (Work dependant)
26. alastair
27. Mozzy (Not 17th May to 24th May)
28. ??

'The Gaffer'

Sorry folks but due to a lack of response and interest via email and forum, the numbers are just too small to even bother organising this event.

We've got 331 members of which 72 are club supporters so I did expect a little more involvement.

Shame really, but there ya go

A big thanks to those that did show an interest :)

Krazyken

As there will be no AGM I can reveal the catagories and winners of the Black Awards, which are now the "Virtual Black Awards".  Enjoy the nominations and winners and have a checkle to yourself.

Black Awards 2012

Schumacher Award – Dirty Driving

Matts MEV – Black Flag at Karting and didn't even know why.
David H – Complaint by marshal for abusive language when serving a penalty.
Dave Bence – Ending up in the Kitty Litter at Donington causing the session to be red flagged.

Chuckle Brothers Award – Joint Incompetence

Wallnut & Johny Morris – Trying to heat a pie at Stoneleigh with oven turned off
Hairy Santa & Colin – Joint electrocution, details of these clowns on the forum.
Rob P & Petee – Rob drives through red light pit release at Llandow & Petee follows through, both black flagged and Pete blames Rob .

Who am I? Award – Absent Mindedness

Foggy – Checking his pockets for his steering wheel after it had been hidden by others.
Krazyken – Pulling over to the wrong side of the track at Llandow to let others through
The Gaffer – Answering the phone to Krazyken with "Hello Mum"
Peter W – Going to the Exeter Kit Car Show 1 week late.

White Coat Award – Take me away I am a danger to myself

Wallnut – Forgot to secure his bonnet and it flew off hitting him in the head.
Dave Bence – Dropped his gearbox while tidying the garage smashing the casing.

Reginald Molehusband Award – Parking

GKD – Parked on the BKCC pitch at Stoneleigh blocking everyone else in.
Wallnut – Parking on a zebra crossing
Hairy Santa – Parking his motorbike in a disabled space.

Complete Clown Award – Overall Winner 

Hairy Santa & Colin – Joint electrocution, details of these clowns on the forum

'The Gaffer'

Thread now unlocked for the virtual awards :))

YZFMINI

wow.. so what do we win.!!!!

if only it was on video...

Hairy Santa

electrical tester springs to mind  ;)

:o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) :'( :-* :-\ :-X :-[ :P ::) ???

or a couple of cardboard coffins - both might come in handy -  ;D

Dixie

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 05, May, 2012, 09:14:26 PM
Sorry folks but due to a lack of response and interest via email and forum, the numbers are just too small to even bother organising this event.

We've got 331 members of which 72 are club supporters so I did expect a little more involvement.

Shame really, but there ya go

A big thanks to those that did show an interest :)

Hi Phil.

Forget the 259 members non paid up members, they are not club supporters, so in my view don't count.

We have 72 paid up members, of which 27 confirmed attendance.  If my sums are correct that is 37%.  Bearing in mind most of the 27 people are the ones that turn up every weekend, use the forum or support the track days, joint meets and other things.

37% is actually more people than voted at the general election.

37% is a good number and I am sure that most clubs do not get interest from 1 in 3 people as we seem to have done.

Is this a pre-cursor to deciding as to whether or not to keep the Forum going?

Just thought I would have my £0.10p worth and start a debate.

Regards Mark

Moleman

Even if it was only 27 people it still would have been ok.
No worrys though, thanks for trying & there is always next year but can we still do it even if there is only 27 of us?
:)

Bulldog Bri

How many people did you think would turn up. It's not like we could expect even 100 to. I'm with Mark on this as well, around 30 would be a good number, we don't often get that on a club night.

8)

Hairy Santa

if 27 turned up it would probably be the highest number ever at any meet that I know of  :)

'The Gaffer'

I'm afraid nobody has allowed for natural wastage of the people that did actually make an effort to reply... Have the people who are complaining actually read the responses? Are all the people who actually started this 'debate' on the list of possible attendees? Let alone some of the actual nominees themselves??

Anyway, words like, SHOULD - DEPENDING - TRY - IF NOT WEEKDAYS - IF NOT (SUCH A DAY) - WORK DEPENDENT - ASSUMING - OTHER COMMITMENTS - MAKE AN EFFORT, are all evident in most of the replies, not taking account of people who say they will turn up and simply not appear - So, although math seems prominent in the argument against me closing the AGM event, the reality would be that less than half of the respondents would attend - Well? I leave you to conclude.

If many more people had initially responded with an interest, then maybe I would have taken the time and effort to organise the event including admin, booking a venue, buffet, prizes, projector, etc etc, all of which take a lot of time, but sorry I simply dont have the time to waste for such a small response. I have tried my best, really, and this would have been a great night for lots of people that could have shown an interest, but didn't. Sadly 'The Gaffer' has a life too, a very busy one in fact, probably like most here so I hope you can sympathise. The club was set up as a hobby to connect like minded kit car owners, which to a large degree it has achieved and I'm very pleased about that so I think for the short term lets leave it at that, and no, this does not spell the end to the club, but in the future it will rely much more heavily on members input in order for it to survive. 

So in case of the AGM, here's a novel idea, rather than complain, why doesn't someone else stand up to the plate and try to re-organise this event?  Go on...                 Oh wait, has this thread gone quiet?....

Dixie

Fair enough.

I didnt put my name down because I aint ere!!!

M