News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Bristol Classic Car Show

Started by Sprint 7, 27, January, 2013, 05:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Sprint 7

Hi all,is anyone interested in going to the  show at Shepton Mallet on 20/21 April (either one or the other days OR both) We could maybe meet up and park enmass or even together !!!.Thought it might be a bit of a wheeze as it's our most local show, well for a few of us anyway.See what you think and post your thoughts  8)

Moleman

paintman

I've already got a ticket!  Dixie will be going for sure and probably Stupott and Griff. ;)

Bulldog Bri

Sprint 7

Have paid at the gate most times but I think you get a bit of discount if you get a ticket beforehand.Not too expensive anyway if past years are anything to go by. ;D

paintman

Quote from: bulldog bri on 28, January, 2013, 08:26:36 AM
Do you need a ticket?

8)

It's £12 on the gate for sat or sunday.....£10 if you book on line with entry to the exhibitors car park.

Moleman

I rang them today. They said we will need to buy a ticket like paintman said, but he said we can park in the show.
When we arrive he will direct us into it rather than the normal parking spots.
He did say it would be best to turn up in convoy but if we know how many are turning up they can leave enough spaces for any late guys to park in the same place.
He did say if we could bring a banner that would be great & easyer to leave extra parking for us.
I know there is one but we would be on tarmack so would need a way to keep it up.  :D

This would mean we could meet up with paintman, Dixie, Stupot & griff abit easyier unless we meet up with you guys at some meeting point on the way? I'm easy as to what people want to do. :D
Though last time we meet at a carshow you guys went down in a bigger convoy than me. Your convoy had 3 more cars than mine.  :P

Bulldog Bri

I have the banner here. Anyone going welcome to pick it up, just PM me to say your coming over.  ;D

8)

YellaBelly

I'm game assuming I'm here and the car is serviceable :D

robp

Quote from: Sprint 7 on 27, January, 2013, 05:47:14 PM
Hi all,is anyone interested in going to the  show at Shepton Mallet on 20/21 April (either one or the other days OR both) We could maybe meet up and park enmass or even together !!!.Thought it might be a bit of a wheeze as it's our most local show, well for a few of us anyway.See what you think and post your thoughts  8)

Mmm, interested in this one.  May have the Spit on the road by then.  If not, Westy.

Sprint 7

Will be getting a ticket then. Which day do we all fancy Sat or Sun or both? ;D

paintman

We'll be going down on the Sunday more than lightly, were all busy on Saturdays. with families and golf!! :-[

Moleman

I will be going sunday.
Meeting up on the way there sounds good to me. 
I have already said I will meet up with paintman, Dixie, Stupot & griff at the Charton Inn (no time arranged yet) which is quite close to the show as we are coming from different directions.
So if anyone else wants to meet up with me while I'm on my way to the Charton Inn then that sounds good with me.
I'm coming from North bristol so would be heading into town then up the A37 or I could go along the ringroad, through Keynsham & on to the A37 that way?
Is this any good to anyone?  :)

The Great Redmondo

Would ordinarily support this one but my wife has booked us onto something else which could all fall through last minute as it is weather (and tidal) dependant.  If that plan goes arwy, I'll be in attendance, paying on the day.

Paul

bluehornetrider

I have half price tickets bought through Groupon, weather depends on day though.

Sprint 7

I know I started this thread but as it's so blinking cold it's gonna be no fun in the Hood if the weather stays as it is .Therefore I suggest all who have tickets or are paying on the door still attend but don't be bloody heroes taking kitcars if the weather is crap.I for one am no martyr and have yet to tax the Hood as I recently became un-employed and dosh is a bit tight at the moment.If there is a big upturn in the weather then I'll be there in the Hood but if not ,it'll be the tintop.
Sorry chaps but life's a bitch sometimes. :(

paintman

I shall be going in the Hood even if it pi**es down......after all it is Spring now!!... :P..lol

If you've never been before try and make the effort......it's better than Exeter in my opinion and a lot closer! ::)

Moleman

I will be going too. I had enough of not going due to crap weather all last year.
I know what you mean though, It does put a dampener on the day. But I'm still going to go this year, So far it was cold at weston but turned out a good day & cold last night but again still worth the effort.
Fingers crossed for good weather on the 21st then.  :)

Sprint 7

It ain't about making the effort I will be there God willing as I've been several times before and thoroughly enjoyed it .Fingers and anything else you can cross for a dry day  8)

Jasperpilchards

Hi All,

Where abouts is it? im looking at popping over only prob is that took the dax out on first run yesterday and need a new battery so thinking of picking one up on way at riders.

Sprint 7

Venue is the Bath & West showground Shepton Mallet ;D
Sunday 21st April is the popular day for BKCC members.

Moleman

We are hoping to meet up in convoy if you are up for it? There will be one starting from Bristol, then heading down the A37 to a second meet at the Chalton Inn by Shepton Mallet. Depending where you have to come from you are welcome to join us?  :)

Moleman

Anyone else up for this sunday then?  :D

What time is a good time with you guys to meet up this at the Chalton Inn Paintman?  :)

YellaBelly

Me and the Boss are going, she got tickets from Groupon too :D

Unfortunately it will be in the tintop :( :(

paintman

Dixie and myself will be at the Charlton Inn waiting for you.....maybe Stupott as well. ;)

Moleman

No probs. just let me know what time you would like to meet & i will be there. Any time is fine with me.  :)

Dixie

Quote from: paintman on 17, April, 2013, 03:01:12 PM
Dixie and myself will be at the Charlton Inn waiting for you.....maybe Stupott as well. ;)

10.30am sounds like a plan.

Sprint 7

Hi Moleman   ;D Nice to meet you on Sunday last week. If the intention  is to meet up at the Charlton Inn, where ever it is,at 10.30 as mentioned, any idea what time you'll be passing Asda Longwell Green,or at least the next layby past it (just past the footbridge almost at Hick's Gate) and I could meet you there.I should be in the Hood, will be shaking it down on Friday as it's developed a missfire since Sunday and I don't want to risk it .Cheers Pete (S7) 8)

Moleman

Hi pete. It will prob be around 9.45-10am then. let me know how you get on by sat afternoon & we can finalize a meeting point then.
Hopefully we may have afew meeting points on the way down if other people want to tag along.  :D

Sprint 7

Hi Collin,9.45/10.00 am at the layby I mentioned will be fine.Went for a run out as far as Castle Combe today and the Hood was fine ,a bit on the draughty side though! If the weather is dry then I'll be in the Hood if not the tin top (got no weather gear yet or wipers).Just had a thought,if it's tintop weather do you have a spare seat and I would stump up some loot for the turps.Speak soon or see you Sunday .

Moleman

That should be fine. I will pm you mate.  :)

Jasperpilchards

Mole man looking good for us!! so all being well will see u there at 10:30
:P

Moleman

Great. see you at the Charton Inn.  :)

bluehornetrider

Went to the show on the sat, the weather was great with a great variety of cars in attendance, picked up a few little bits for my spit including chrome platers details which are local.  I'll upload some pictures later.

Moleman

It was a good day. 3 of us meet up on the ring road then off to Charton Inn where we met up with 3 more cars. Then we went in a 6 car convoy to the show.

It was nice to see some new faces & a good turnout. Lets hope for more of these this year.  :D

YellaBelly

Saw the troupe but didn't see you guys. Not a bad day really weathe wise. Would have been better if we had gone in the Locost instead of the tintop, but still having brake issues :(

paintman

As Moleman said, really nice day and great to see some new faces for a change.

Think we ended up with 8 cars in the end and 9 members (Santa rode shot-gun! with Tony)

There was hundreds of classic cars there in several car-parks and halls with lots to see and buy in the autojumble......forgot my camera thou so no pics unfortunately, sorry :-[

Definately bigger and better than Exeter Car Show and right on our door-step ...... even had a car test track you could hammer round against the clock but too bumpy for kit cars I think, unless you got good ground clearance.     I saw an American ex New York patrol car on it giving it loads of wheel spin, with clouds of blue smoke pouring off the tyres and the sirens screaming!!  :o .;D

We enjoyed baggettes and coffee on the picnic tables outside but it started to cloud over and get really cold so we called it a day......great day out thou.!!  ;) ;) ;)

Tony

Sprint 7

;) A nice day out and a good selection of vehicles at the show both inside and especially outside, and the added bonus was --I didn't get wet apart from a few spots when I was 5 minutes from home,Result !!.On the neg side I managed to split the second flexi exhaust that I've had from PepperPerfomance in the midlands.They just break on the weld to the fixing collar.Anybody else had this problem.Guess I should have gone to Specsavers. Sorry I meant  Infinity exhausts. :P See you all soon, whens the next meet ,exhaust permitting?   ;D

Moleman

The next one is stoneleigh Pete. We will sort out who's going & when very soon.  :)

Jasperpilchards

Hi guys,
just wanted to say thanks for the welcome yesterday, it was good to put some faces to names and cars!! which buy the way all looked good! sorry had to pop off but could see Claire was getting scrammed! in the wind.
I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the show not to many beloved rust buckets. And ill forgive moleman for the good dusting I got on the way in..... well this time anyway haha
looking forward to the next outing hopefully stonleigh if I can swing it with work etc.
Oh and tony im on hunting for that book and will post it as soon as I can lol

rob  :D