News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Dyrham Park + Pictures (Merged)

Started by Moleman, 10, May, 2013, 08:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

WALNUT

Well said Tony (paintman) I will be there So thats two of us LOL

fullpint

Quote from: paintman on 15, June, 2013, 06:22:07 PM

Least we can do for all the effort Moleman has put into the meeting...... ::)
Moleman (Colin) is doing a cracking job. Its not easy..

Tony

Moleman

It is on
I will be going too. At the end of the day we can leave anytime & there is a summer house we can sit in.
Fingers crossed for good weather. I went to a school fete today & it rained really hard for the first hour then the sun came out for the rest of the day.  ;D
I know it won't be as good if it does rain & won't blame anyone for pulling out.  :( 
So if I don't see you at the meeting points we won't wait too long. So if you don't have my mob number & do end up going pm me & I will give it to you so I know your on your way.  :D
Colin.

Cob68

I'll be there one of the benefits of a roof, see you at the main gate 10.30.

'The Gaffer'

Speedy and I should be there for 10.30 at the gate.

foggy

As long as it not apsoluley chucking it down I will be at the meet point

fullpint

forecast is like a yoyo at the mo.. TV saying dry phone is saying 60% rain between 10-2pm.. :-\

Grin-a-lot

Col,

I won't make this - been up to A&E last night as I hurt my neck last week but its been getting worse not better.  Being a passenger in a normal car hurts enough, let alone the bumps in a Westfield!

On the plus side I'm on what I think are rhino tranquillisers so starting to sleep better.

Moleman

No probs Darren & Pete.  :)
Fingers crossed for the sun to come out.  :) :)

Bulldog Bri

Awww NO!  :( How did you do that?

8)

WALNUT

Never mind, Grin A Lot. It could have been a lot worse...... It could have been my neck.

Grin-a-lot

Been up in the Lake District hill walking and Tom a bit of a tumble coming down from Bleaberry Fell.  Nothing much but the pain just keeps getting worse.  I've had similar years ago and just takes a few days to pass - its just not very nice. The sun is shining through my curtains so hopefully you'll have a great time!

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: WALLNUT on 16, June, 2013, 08:41:50 AM
Never mind, Grin A Lot. It could have been a lot worse...... It could have been my neck.

Sympathy runs deep in this club. Lol.  :P

8)

Hairy Santa

I got out of my sick bed and am on my way  ;)

fullpint

NIce one Pete.. I'm still a no go  :( :( :(

Grin-a-lot

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 16, June, 2013, 09:21:30 AM
Quote from: WALLNUT on 16, June, 2013, 08:41:50 AM

Sympathy runs deep in this club. Lol.  :P

8)

I was always told that you could find sympathy between Sh*t and Syphilis in the dictionary but you made me laugh anyway!

BoostLee

Hope you all having a great day .
I wish i could have bunked off work but it was'nt to be .
I look forward to seeing some pic's

Lee

Bulldog Bri

Everyone got there on time, Paintman unfortunately whacked his sump on the speed bump going in and dented it so much the crank was hitting it so had to leave his car in the main car park at the top. :( Hopefully it's been recovered by the time I'm writing this.

A nice steady drive down the hill to the house with the deer running around trying to hide from us. :o

Nice line up (before the rain)

Pete wasn't happy that they didn't do his fry up breakfast's  >:(

So much so that he nearly had to eat the flowers!  :o

It was just a shame it rained as much as it did.

Still 'Big Thanks' to Colin for arranging the day. Cheers Bud.  :P

8)

Moleman

stupott901

Gutted i missed this lookes a good turn out but the cobra is off the road with a broken shock asorber mount so  no MOT hopefully be fixed this week

fullpint

Looks like every one has hood's.. I would of looked out of place (and wet  ;D) if I came..
Wish I did now cause Fathers Day was a no show!!

Bulldog Bri

Moleman

Quote from: fullpint on 16, June, 2013, 05:17:18 PM
Looks like every one has hood's.. I would of looked out of place (and wet  ;D) if I came..

Not everyone had a hood mate. There was 2 guys without them. I left without mine on. the sun was evening trying to come through. the girlfriend even packed suncream.  :o ;D

Lucky Ed

Great turn out guys considering the appalling weather.

I'm just up the road from there and it rained nearly all day - cr*p weather forecasting yet again :o

WALNUT

You could say it was damp all day, but the biggest damper of the day, was what happened to paintmans car on the sleeping policeman. hope everything turns out OK.
                                                                                       Tony

Moleman

Quote from: WALLNUT on 16, June, 2013, 06:30:09 PM
You could say it was damp all day, but the biggest damper of the day, was what happened to paintmans car on the sleeping policeman. hope everything turns out OK.
                                                                                       Tony

I second that. hope you get it fixed ok mate.

BoostLee

Looks like a very nice meet up .
Cant wait to be able to join you on one :-)
Lee

Dixie

Yep I was one of those without a roof.  I didn't get wet at all, only when stopped did the rain get in.

Thanks to Moleman for his work organising this event, glad that we had enough turn up to justify all his efforts.

Bummer for Paintman and his sump, RAC charged him £120 to recover car because it was on private property.

Not quite sure what people see in these old houses, just full of old smelly sofa's and carpets if you ask me!!!  But I do admit to it looking fantastic and the views were lovely.

Really enjoyed the day.  Thanks.

Mark

Hairy Santa

bloody good day, great job done Colin

bummer over Paintmans sump but there wasn't much we could do on site, some nerve charging because its not on the public road, we will have to remember that if something happens ever again to anyone - push them to the road if possible

great to see so many on a very damp day, looking forward to the next one     

Moleman

Oh my god! :o  Like Hairy santa's says next time we will push it on the road when we know they are on there way.  >:(

I will contact them tomorrow stating that the sleeping policeman should be signposted & perhaps painted a different colour.  :(

It was a good day despite the weather & Paintmans sump,  Having a good turn up from you guys makes the effort worth it.  :D
Colin.

'The Gaffer'

Since merging the topics you may have to clear your cache and history to reply..

Nice to see a few people turn up today despite the weather. The house looked great but inside was very dark and drab. Strange how people used to live, but each to their own.

That was a real shame about Paintmans sump. The RAC guy must have been a bit of a jobsworth.

Heres a few pics I took...

Only Wallnuts car needed its own coach parking bay..

Drive in the house grounds

Back in the old days

Our cars starting to get a little attention.

Poor old Pete.. "What no breakfasts?!!!!!!!"

Oh what a laugh I had

Looking forward to catching up with a few more people at Castle Combe next weekend.

Well done Colin for sorting the day :)

foggy

Nice to see you all to day I enjoyed my selth  shame about the sump hope the rac recovered you with no extra cost

Grin-a-lot

Some great photos guys and I'm gutted I missed it; looks like you ha fun and the lineup looks great!

That's shocking news about Paintman's sump and the RAC - definitely one for future reference - hope you get it fixed without finding too much damage/extra cost.

Looks like you all had fun - hopefully see you all at the next meet!

Great bit of organising Moleman!

paintman

Got home 4ish, Missus not happy and me £120 poorer! >:(

Saying that, still a nice day out and we enjoyed the house and ground thanks to Moleman.

Rac bloke said there was nothing he could do because not on public road and engine damage caused by none mechanical reason!!

I queried this and he said I should have known the road clearance of my car and taken appropriate action......at this point I hit him!

No, not really Lol   

benchmark51

What engine are you running Paintman?

paintman

Quote from: benchmark51 on 17, June, 2013, 12:11:28 AM
What engine are you running Paintman?

2 litre Pinto. 

Hav'ent got sump off yet so don't know if there's any damage to oil pickup or big-end, hope it's only a creased sump!!!

Daley Down Under

Fantastic turn out - cars look great.  Sorry about the sump Tony - fingers crossed.

Adrian

benchmark51

Hopefully you will get away with it. Was the sump shortened?
I have just done one for my 205 engine, but used 3mm steel and will fit a nudge bar in front,
to take initial impact. With the hope that if I do the same, I'll just ground it and not hurt anything!
A bit of extra weight I know but where it's needed and can lose it elsewhere.

WALNUT

Paintman, after your parking fine, and the speed bump you will have to change your little saying (life is good in a hood) To life is sh.t in a kit
                                                  WALLNUT

Grin-a-lot