News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Cornwall Trip

Started by Moleman, 07, September, 2014, 08:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moleman

Well it was a good weekend. 5 of us headed out at 9 am on Saturday on a nice route which Iancider had planned out for us. The day started out cloudly but got better the further we went south.  :)

This was the stop we did while in Dartmoor.

Then we all met up & had Cornish pasty's followed by scones courtesy of Ians relatives that live down there.  8)
After a afternoon of tea & scones at the golf course we headed to our hotel freshened up & all met up for a meal. All I can say is that the Hotel was great the food was lovely & we all had a good night.  8)

Sunday morning I set off after a nice breakfast back to home the scenic route (Almost the way we came)
I stopped off I stopped of at the local watering hole.

Then I hit low cloud

I took it steady as it got really thick at times. I almost thought I took a wrong turn & ended up in Scotland.

Last stop I took a little detour to the Haynes Motor show of rare breeds. I didn't have a pass for this but managed to drive in without being stopped & park next to Paintmans Robin Hood with his rebuilt engine finally done.  ;D

The only bummer was there wasn't more of us.  :)

Bulldog Bri

Looked like a great weekend mate. And finishing with the rare breeds show as well, what more can you ask for. :D

Who's was the white Bulldog,  looks a very tidy Mk4 from the piccy.  ;D

8)

Iancider

Stunning pics Colin - very artistic.  We had a great time too on the way back.  We varied our route and went North from mid Dartmoor to Exmoor and found some stunning roads on the way - more on those soon.  We came back across Exmoor in beautiful sunshine and then along the north Devon coast.  It was the best driving day of the year so far.

Ian

Moleman

Bri I thought you might ask that mate. They are from the apple county Club mate. They let me steel one of there spaces. Some of them are members of our club as well.  :)

Thanks Ian just jumped out & quickly took some pics as the horses were starting to get interested in the car.  :o :D

'The Gaffer'

So did you catch up with Yellabelly?

Looks like a great trip, tempted but had to try and un-seize some callipers.

Moleman

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 07, September, 2014, 09:06:21 PM
So did you catch up with Yellabelly?

We did catch up with Yellabelly but only for a little time I'm afraid.

Moleman

The sad thing is Me & Iancider could have done a few things a bit more different If we had known it would be a poor turnout from the start rather than people pull out towards the end.  :(