Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Stoneleigh 2015

Started by Bulldog Bri, 29, January, 2015, 12:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

robp

Probably going to be Option 3 for me.
(No guarantee what time I can get away from home!)

Bulldog Bri

Convoy's aren't that hard to keep together, as long as everyone wants to stay together. It's not like we're racing up but keeping a decent speed the route only has a few places (considering the distance)  where other cars can push in and they can be either turn off soon after, get past or stay there. There is also the services just after the Cirencester ring road to re-group (that's about half way)

8)

'The Gaffer'

What I should have said is anything is possible with Bri at the front ;)

Balders1973

Option 1 for me.

I'll join the 7am convoy at the Cirencester stop off.
Can someone let me know the estimated time I'll need to be there?

Thanks.

will also see if I can get the wife to bake :)

benchmark51

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 22, April, 2015, 05:01:01 PM
What I should have said is anything is possible with Bri at the front ;)

Does that mean we had better pack our passports and learn some russian words?  ;D ;D

Moleman

Balders1973 =We can meet you at the Travelodge Hotel - Cirencester GL7 5DS which is about half way for us so good time for fuel & wee stop. It will probably take us an hour from the Willy Wicket so about 8.15am  :)

So please can people say what they would like to do.

1, Meet up for convoy at 7 am at Willy Wicket
                      2, Meet up for convoy at 8 am or a bit later At Willy Wicket (but may change)
                      3, you will make your own way there

All subject to weather of course.  :)

Moleman          option 1.
                      fletch_306        option 1.
                      Sanzomat         option 2.  (meet lay-by just after the garage beyond the Cross Hands lights)
                      Benchmark51    option 2.
                      Stevel               option 3.
                      Paintman          option 3
                      Robp                option 3
                      Iancider           option 1.
                      The gaffer        option 2 or 3
                      Balders1973     option 1 (Travelodge Hotel - Cirencester GL7 5DS 8.15am)

what about everyone else?  :)

CC Cyclone

Put me down for option 1 unless the route passes further towards Bath after the meet, in which case I can be waiting in a lay-by somewhere and tag on the back.

Got your other PM Moleman, am organising it today.

Moleman

You can meet us on the lay-by where Sanzomat is meeting the second convoy if you want James.  :)

Balders1973

Thanks Moleman, a more civilized start for me then!

Bulldog Bri

Am I reading this right, there will be 2 separate convoy's coming up roughly an hour apart?

8)

benchmark51

Well-ah, so you will have to organise 2 champagne receptions now. :o ;D ;D

Moleman

Yes Bri. The early shift & the slightly later early shift.

My wheel arches have only just gone to the paint sprayers so it's going to be another bloody close one for me.  ::)

sanzomat

Got my shocks back yesterday so all being well I should have mine all back together in time!

stevel

Tiger passed the MOT today so weather willing will be there on Sunday, see you there!!

fletch_306

I'm looking at a mid week MOT here i have my fingers crossed coz nothing seems to be easy right now. So looking forward to it but very nervous.

Moleman

That,s good to hear Steve see you there, good luck Peter.  :)

paintman

Sorry Colin, can't see myself going now.   Missed a corner coming back from Track Developments so the car is in a bit
of a mess at the moment.....the Audi A6 estate I hit didn't feel a thing though!!!!! :( :(

benchmark51

What a bummer  :(. How bad is it? Pictures ?
Still have a week and loads of help available.

Moleman

Sorry to hear this mate. Just after the spray job as well.  how bad is it?  :(

Iancider

Interesting thread: 

"Should be ready, might be ready, skin of my teeth, BANG not ready"

Sorry to hear the bad news Paintman hope you are okay.

Ian

TimC

Chaps,
I'm contemplating trailering my work-in-progress up to Stoneleigh if the weather is good as a few folk have said they'd like to see it.

Does anyone happen to know if I can get in for free with a kit car being towed?

Bulldog Bri

Wow great effort. You should do, I got in to the Exeter show with mine on a trailer. Any passengers will still need to pay.

See you there

8)

jmad

I'm sure I saw a note on the website about having to be in the kit car rather than towing.

dave_bence

I'll be at the show for both days ;D

I'll make my own way there, so I'll see you all on the club stand.

TimC

Quote from: jmad on 27, April, 2015, 09:50:29 AM
I'm sure I saw a note on the website about having to be in the kit car rather than towing.

You are right.  That's annoying.

benchmark51

Strictly speaking, I think that driving a kit car allows free entry for the driver. Anything else pays. Although I went 2 years ago driving a van, told the fellah on the gate I was the service van with BKCC and he let me in free. So take a chance, it's not big bucks anyway. ;D

tigercub84

I will be going up on Sunday. Is there anything I need to know. Do I just askwhere the stand is thanks

benchmark51

There will be a great big sign on the left as you go in I think. I'm taking some food and drink as I found this to be way over priced, other than that take the next years worth of beer tokens.:D :D

Moleman

It has always been you get in free only by driving your kit car there, anything else including passenger always have to pay but you can try to blag it. you never know.  8)

We do have a big bright orange 4 meter flag now so look out for that. Our pitch is quite close to the entrance.  :)

The new flag to look out for.

Bulldog Bri

After driving through the main gateway just go straight ahead, when you see the Westfield club on the right, we'll be on the left. :P

8)

Moleman

Moleman          option 1.
                      fletch_306        option 1.
                      Sanzomat         option 2.  (meet lay-by just after the garage beyond the Cross Hands lights)
                      Benchmark51    option 2.
                      Stevel               option 3.
                      Paintman          option 3
                      Robp                option 3
                      Iancider           option 1.
                      The gaffer        option 2 or 3
                      Balders1973     option 1 (Travelodge Hotel - Cirencester GL7 5DS 8.15am)
                      Davebence       option 3

Not sure what the weather will be doing but for the 7am convoy we will be leaving by 7.10am at the latest. So if your late or the weather is too crap especially for the roofless cars then no worries we may see you there later. 8)

sanzomat

If anyone currently planning on doing the early run does find themselves a bit on the late side then come and find me in the layby on the A46. I'm happy to PM my mobile to the option 1 guys so you can let me k now to look out for you.

tigercub84

I will be making my own way up to stoneleigh on Sunday thanks

Bulldog Bri

Considering we've got nearly 500 members now, and only around 15 of us are going. I do ask myself whats going on? we should be showing closer to 50 cars at least :'(

Come on peep's. It's the biggest event of the year.  :P

8)

damouk

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 30, April, 2015, 03:46:54 PM
Considering we've got nearly 500 members now, and only around 15 of us are going. I do ask myself whats going on? we should be showing closer to 50 cars at least :'(

Come on peep's. It's the biggest event of the year.  :P

8)

Must be a sign of the times Bri.....?!?

I'm up Sunday and I think fidodido is too as passenger, all being well we should be waiting in Cirencester with Sanzomat.

Moleman

There are a few more Bri if I put option 3 on the guys that said they are going & not sure when they are getting there yet.  :)

Bulldog Bri        (will be going up on Saturday)
                      Pilgrim Anna      (will be going up on Saturday)
                      Moleman           option 1.
                      fletch_306         option 1.
                      Sanzomat          option 2.  (meet lay-by just after the garage beyond the Cross Hands lights)
                      Benchmark51    option 2.
                      Stevel                option 3.
                      Paintman           option 3
                      Robp                 option 3
                      Iancider            option 1.
                      The gaffer         option 2 or 3
                      Balders1973      option 1     (Travelodge Hotel - Cirencester GL7 5DS 8.15am)
                      CC Cyclone        option 1     (meet lay-by just after the garage beyond the Cross Hands lights)
                      Davebence        option 3
                      Tigercub 84       option 3
                      Damouk            option 1     (Travelodge Hotel - Cirencester GL7 5DS 8.15am)
                                         or  option 2     (Travelodge Hotel - Cirencester GL7 5DS 8.15am)
                      Iainl                  option 3
                      Sumov8            option 3
                      Walnut              option 1 or 3
                      Timc                 option 3
                      Jmad                option 3
                      Dixie                 option 3
                      cobra68            option 3

Not sure what the weather will be doing but for the 7am convoy we will be leaving by 7.10am at the latest. So if your late or the weather is too crap especially for the roofless cars then no worries we may see you there later. 8)

benchmark51

I will be on option 2, but will start from home (A420). I expect to meet, at the Cross Hands layby, anyone else on option 2. Bulldog Bri, get the kettle on about 10.30?  ;D :P

Sumov8

Will try and make 07:00 but if we are late we will catch the 08:00 train :-*

Gary RH7

See you all there but not in my Robin Hood 7. Its going to get a good kicking soon if it does not behave. Anyway after 20 years of being built it will double the mileage on the clock.

Moleman

well I'm sorry to say I won't be there. Ian will no doubt take over the early convoy. My car is still waiting for it's wheel arches to return.   >:(  :(  Long story to which I'm not going into. I know I can probably get a lift with one of you guys but I need to be home early & driving up is part of the fun so take loads of pictures & I will be there next year.  :)