AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

20th June Castle Combe Action Day - Now to include Complete Kit Car show.

Started by sanzomat, 21, February, 2015, 02:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Facial Hair Optional

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: mikebishop on 19, June, 2015, 04:44:41 PM
Hi,

I've been on holiday, just got back, i've got a golden ticket which is good (thank you) but i don't think i can make the convoy from cross hands due to work commitments, will it be possible to turn up slightly later say 09.30-10.00 and still get onto the stand?

I hope so cos my passenger cant get free til about 10am. I am hoping to make the meet at the Cross Hands (just for the hell of it!) but can't do the convoy part  :(  as I have to go back to pick him up and then on to the show.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Gary RH7 on 19, June, 2015, 04:45:33 PM
Can you believe anything? Check this out..

http://uk.weather.com/weather/hourByHour-UKXX1915?pagenum=3&nextbeginIndex=18

If you click on previous 12 hours it shows no rain all morning till 11:00.

Yes but it also says 50% chance of precipitation. I'm a glass half full kinda guy so that's dry then!!!!!  :P

Moleman

You can turn up when you like guys. It starts at 9 so I'm doing the convoy early enough so people can get there when it starts & we can start to fill our club stand incase someone else does.  :)

PS if you cant make the convoy & haven't contacted me about how to pick up your ticket then you better PM me now.  :)

CC Cyclone

Well, sad news, MOT fail. I will be coming, but will be in the punter car park and so paying on the fate I guess. See you all tomorrow, and I hope someone can make use of my car pass?

Iainl

Hi All - I'll meet you all at the Cross Hands around 8'ish and follow the convoy to Castle Combe

peterw

After being up there today, it is a HUGE stand  :o :o :o :o :o Yay my account is reactivated

'The Gaffer'

I have just had a call out come in which I must attend tomorrow ::), best I do it first thing in the morning but will miss the convoy. Save a space for me folks, shouldn't be too late.

Dixie

Won't be there until 10.15 ish.  Save me and Paintman a space please.

peterw

sanzomat

Our pitch is looking good! I've got to walk my daughter's dog before I set off in the morning now so its going to be an early start...

I've just put the hood up on the Spyder ready for setting off in the rain in the morning and as if by magic the forecast seems to have improved and they now aren't showing rain until 11.00 and then nothing worse than light rain. If everyone goes out and puts on their wet gear, packs umbrellas and raincoats etc it should stop it raining altogether!

Facial Hair Optional

I find Points West weather to be not only rarely wrong but very, very accurate. I watch the time when the clouds or rain pass over my town on their map and sure enough it's nearly always it is BANG on time!! I can predict when I can get out for a run with super accuracy most of the time.

I will check it in a minute. Just come back from an evening drive actually. I love this time of night out in the car, it is somehow even more special. Less traffic, cleaner cooler air, even the car sounds cooler!  8)

See you all 2morooooooooooooooooooo!!   ;D ;D ;D

matty78

Hi guys, i dont have wet weather gear for my car and it looks to be getting worse. With that in mind, i'm going to have to park in door dingers in my normal car sorry.

Gutted as it would be my first kitcar event outing

Apologies

Gary RH7

Looks like the rain wont start till mid day so I am leaving Chippenhan about 8 to 8:30 but will have to bow out at mid day as I also have no weather gear. Sucks!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(

Bulldog Bri

Forecast on my phone is saying light showers around lunchtime sunny afternoon. Possible thunder thus eve.  ;D

8)

Facial Hair Optional

I'm baffled as to where everyone is getting this idea of rain from!!??

According to the link posted earler http://uk.weather.com/weather/hourByHour-UKXX1915?pagenum=3&nextbeginIndex=18  from 11am ish it says ZERO % chance of rain. Besides, it wont hurt you or your car, it dries off!!!

I use water to wash mine, the same stuff that falls out of the sky I think?  :D

If you have never driven your car in the rain (ok, light rain only!) you have never lived!!!

I will be there shortly rain or not!!!  :o :o :o :P

Iainl

Fantastic day at Castle Combe today lots of cars on the BKCC pitch

Not much rain only had to put the roof on once :D

jmad

Just got home and wanted to say thanks for everybody that helped organise the tickets. The weather was fine, a couple of very light showers but nothing that spoiled the fun.

'The Gaffer'

What a great day, I have almost lost my voice from speaking to so many nice BKCC people. Sorry if I missed you.

And as a big bonus.... 'WE WON CLUB STAND OF THE SHOW'

I'm sure Ian will post up a pic of our prize later plus I'm sure there will be plenty of pics of our cars too.

A big, big thanks to all those who set up the stand and organised tickets and for setting up the Go! Inspire chassis display, it looked great.

Facial Hair Optional

What a great day!! A few spits and spots but very minor.

My car failed the noise test so couldn't do my laps  :( but I still had a brilliant time.

Nice to meet some old friends (Camberdave for one).

Thanks to all the guys who gave me good kit car advice (madmarkymark??? steveL??) much obliged indeed.

Good luck 2moro to all those going to Tyntesfield.

fletch_306

What a great day the first run out for me since the engine change with only minor problems. Speedo cable snapped and fuel gauge sensor broke. Just got back in time to miss the heavy downpour.

Thank you to everyone that organised the show. I'm not surprised we won stand of the show we had many more people than anyone else.

Time to replace the cable driven speedo for an electronic one me thinks. Unfortunately that means I will miss tomorrow due to the speedo failure but hope all have a good time.

Moleman

It was a good day & nice to see so many new faces & I hope we will see you again.  8)

We had our best turn out yet. Thanks to everyone that helped make it a good day.  8)

fullpint

What a cracking day, never seen so many members car.. Thanks to all for getting this together.. Only managed a parade laps but the 4 year old grand daughter loved it..

Gary RH7

Great turnout and really well organised. Thanks guys.
Anyone do a headcount?

We going to try it again at the Bristol Motor Club Family Day? : :-\

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Gary RH7 on 20, June, 2015, 08:17:47 PM
Great turnout and really well organised. Thanks guys.
Anyone do a headcount?

We going to try it again at the Bristol Motor Club Family Day? : :-\

I'll be there and this time I hope to get my laps in!! No noise test if I recall correctly????

Iancider

Yes it really was a great day,

I think that was the best turnout ever and we properly launched Go! Inspire.  I was asked twice to make a commentary speech during the day and stood in for Ben when he failed to show on time.  He was in a drift car that lost its bonnet on Avon rise - NO FORWARD VISION and they came a cropper on Quarry.  And then just as we completed Ben showed up and cool as a cucumber apologised for his delayed arrival and proceeded to give an interview.

Special thanks go Dino Zamperelli our Super Hero racing drive who put so much effort and passion into the day.  And he is going to keep doing it.  On our very own track day for a contribution to the charitable funds he will teach us all how to drive Combe like a professional.  How great can that be!

And then to cap it all we were awarded best club of the show for our endeavours.  I will post a photo when I can obtain a copy.

It doesn't stop their either and BBC West will be covering the Go! Inspire story on Points West - with BKCC and Dino Zamperelli there too on Monday evening - so stay tuned!

Thanks everybody for putting in so much effort and giving Ben such a special day - he was just awe-struck    8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Hairy Santa

my thanks to the organisers, best day for a long time

What a turn out, biggest ever I would think

the Chassis was shown a lot of attention

just a shame we had that bit of rain to damp things down, glad it wasn't as the weather men were saying

hope to be there tomorrow, hwmbo might even join me  ;D

Brandy Barrel

I would also like to add my thanks to the organisers for making the BKCC the best club.
It doesn't go un-noticed how much effort it takes - many thanks.
It was our first time out and we were determined despite the weather, hence the small tarp.
The two caterham friends we brought along were happy too, another member in one at least. Noise check showed 100.4 Db hmmm may need to re stuff the box.
Looking forward to next weekend as can't make tomorrow

Bulldog Bri

What a great day that was. And with all 3 of the cars making it there and back without any problems made it even better. ;D

Met up with an old friend who was responsible for setting up the original Bulldog owners club before it became the Pilgrim owners club 25 years ago.

8)

freedom 1

What a fantastic day had by all even the little bit of rain did not spoil the day. It was great to chat to fellow enthusiasts about our cars and general banter . Big thank you to all Bristol kit car club for all all the hard work involved organizing the event.

Lucky Ed

FOUND - Green 5ltr plastic petrol can, left at Castle Combe.

Nearly full, but hurry before the petrol evaporates :o :o ;D ;D ;D

PM me if it's yours.

Moleman

I also have a scissor jack handle that has been found on our pitch so please let me know if you are missing one.

sanzomat

Quote from: Moleman on 21, June, 2015, 06:29:21 PM
I also have a scissor jack handle that has been found on our pitch so please let me know if you are missing one.

Mine :-[. It usually lives under the front clam but isn't fastened well so I took it out for the track session. I put it on the ground under a folding chair. Must have missed it when we packed up the chairs. I'll arrange to pick it up next time our paths cross. Probably be the 26th July Combe day as I'm off to Glastonbury and then off on my hols soon after.

Moleman

No prob's Dave you know where I live if you need it sooner.  :)

Moleman

I forgot to say that I here some of you guys had a few spins on your 15 minute sessions but failed to mention it.  ::) On a plus side when you do a full track day you will get a lot more time to get into the hang of the circuit & will do much better next time. ;D On a even better plus side you will be a little less quick to take the mick every time I post my little detour's after going around the circuit for 8 hours.  :P :P :P

Iancider

Thanks Moleman for being my brave passenger,

I have just seen my follower's video and I was going proper quick in some places - it is no wonder it got a bit out of shape on occasions.  You didn't panic and you didn't exit via the emergency door either.  I need to make it smoother and that needs practice - roll-on August!  8) 8) 8)

Moleman

sanzomat

Guilty as charged your honour! At least it proves I was trying! Towards the end of the session, probably only two laps to go, my mirrors were full of a certain orange westy driven by who I now know was Dino coming up to lap me just after quarry so I stayed well to the left to let him by before the esses. This messed up my entry a bit and I carried too much speed the through the first part so lost the back on the left hander. With the mid engine when it goes beyond a certain point there is no catching it so round it went. I managed to stay on the track albeit facing the wrong way and rejoined after just one other car came by. Managed to escape the indignity of a black flag and no cones were harmed.

Happy to receive any ribbing that's going but I'll say that what they taught me when I did Palmersport at Bedford was that if you don't spin you aren't trying hard enough. As long as you can analyse the reason why you learn a lot form a spin!

One thing I definitely learnt from Saturday is that I need better tyres - 12 year old Eagle F1's obviously don't cut it on the track!! The car was really struggling for grip. It did make it fun and quite challenging even though I was probably a lot slower than many I was definitely on the limit!!!

Iancider

Quote12 year old Eagle F1's

Well recognised - they are not Malt whisky and they don't improve with age!  ;D

sanzomat

One of the guys from GTMOC posted this of me being followed by another GTM, an old coupe, in the first lap or two. Only taken with a phone but I thought it was quite a nice pic.

The guy following me was videoing so I'm looking forward to seeing the view of the back of may car.