Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Families Day at Highnam Court on Saturday 8th August 2015 - 2:00pm to 7:00pm

Started by Moleman, 18, May, 2015, 08:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

sanzomat

Beat me to it. I was going to suggest a convoy up. Could go A38 or A46 or even up over the hills through Wootton, nympsfield, stroud etc. best meeting point would depend on which route we choose.

Facial Hair Optional

I can't stay for the event but I may well come with the convoy just for the run out Colin if that's ok?

Moleman

I'm happy to join up where ever you guys want. I live right next to the A38 but I'm happy to go up the A46 if most of you are closer to that road?  :)

No probs Steve.  :)

sanzomat

Just a suggestion...

Could meet at the Cross Hands as if going to Combe?

Any thoughts or other suggestions?

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: sanzomat on 03, August, 2015, 07:09:57 PM

Just a suggestion...

Could meet at the Cross Hands as if going to Combe?

Any thoughts or other suggestions?

That's a cracking route! Less (maybe none!) speed cameras and less speed restrictions than the A38 I think?

Iancider

Moleman

damouk

I'm hoping to get to this one as well.... especially as its close to me!! I will have to keep an eye on which route you take as to where I will meet up :)

sanzomat

Its actually quite nice to have an afternoon show so we can have a lie in, have a lazy breakfast, get the grocery shopping done and still get there in time! The breakfast might have to be brunch though unless there is something more substantial on offer than the strawberries and bubbly on arrival. To arrive at 13:30 we'd need to leave Old Sodbury by 12:30 so meet time, say, 12:15? Still open to any other suggestions...

sanzomat

Just noticed I'm only 2 posts off being promoted to a title more befitting my lack of youth...

sanzomat

danwilko

That's a nice route
As I'm coming with the family, don't know if I'll end up leaving late or not, I'll prob go up via iron acton to cut over m5 at junc 14 to a38 and up
I'll try and meet for the convoy (what time you getting to esso /McDonald's just off junc 12? Meet there if I have time?) but unless I message you guys, I'll meet you there

Moleman

OK meet up at the Cross Hands Hotel,Tetbury Road,Old Sodbury,Bristol, Gloucestershire BS37 6RJ at 12.15 to leave at 12.30pm.

I will be there so who else is up for this?

Iancider

sanzomat

I'll be there with my speed limiting device in the passenger seat! (SWMBO)

mr tone

Will meet you all at Highnam about 1.30 Tony. Wow another post ha ha

Facial Hair Optional

Hope to be there Colin though I may aim for 12pm, more gassing time (if anyone else turns up at that time) 15 mins aint much!!!   :P

Cob68

benchmark51

Quote from: sanzomat on 05, August, 2015, 09:21:18 PM
I'll be there with my speed limiting device in the passenger seat! (SWMBO)

You could always give her your 'plastic' and send her shopping! lol  ;D ;D ;D :o

Sprint 7

Hi Chaps. Talking to John ,the organiser of the event (my pal) last evening and he would really appreciate that you all get there at 1.30 pm SHARP as it's a little involved getting cars in and he wants all exhibitors in place before the punters arrive please.
Many thanks to you all.
Pete Phelps(Sprint '7'........Tigra !!!)
;) :D ;D 8) :P

Facial Hair Optional

I'm thinking this may effect the leaving time from the Cross Hands Colin?? Not sure how long the trip is but obviously there may be events or possible delays along the route that might make it wise to leave a little earlier than the palnned time of 12.30 maybe?

benchmark51

I think you may be right. How is the route planned? From the Cross Hands, A432 going through Old Sodbury, Sodding Chipbury, Yate, Iron Acton then up the Wooton Road. Crossing the M5 at Falfield and up the A38? If that is the route, I could pick you up at Iron Acton.
From Warmley it is a little more than an hour trip, so a 12.30 meet at Cross Hands would make it tight for a 1.30 eta.

sanzomat

I was thinking up the A46 to Dunkirk, left through Hawksbury Upton, Alderley etc to Wotton then up the hill to the Dursley-Tetbury road. Right then left near Nympsfield. Straight over the Uley -Stroud road near Coaley Peak, down the Frocester hill. Cross the M5 near Eastington then up the A38 the rest of the way, using the Gloucester SW bypass to get to Over Bridge.

Google say 54 minutes without traffic. 1hr 2mins in current traffic.

Might be worth leaving a bit of extra time but should be okay for 12:30 sharp leave the Cross Hands.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: sanzomat on 03, August, 2015, 07:09:57 PM

This was the proposed route earlier in the thread Dave. As mentioned by Dave just now (here we go with the Daves again!!)  :D

I wouldn't leave departure until the last minute though, getting there a bit early does no harm. Makes no odds to me personally as I am only convoying up most or part of the way for the fun of it, but you don't want to get told you get come in after going all the way there!  :(

Moleman

We are planning on getting there about that time mate so no worries.

damouk

I was chatting to a work colleague earlier about the show and he was interested in going after going to Prescott, we looked for it on the net but couldn't find anything other than club posts...?!?

Moleman

sanzomat

Quote from: damouk on 07, August, 2015, 03:14:59 PM
I was chatting to a work colleague earlier about the show and he was interested in going after going to Prescott, we looked for it on the net but couldn't find anything other than club posts...?!?

That's because its a secret! The only thing (other than club posts as you say) was on the Gloucestershire freemasons website.

benchmark51

Does that mean we have to do funny handshakes and wink at everyone, while saying daft poems. :-\

damouk

Ahh I see, that will be it then.

I was hoping to be lurking like a copper some where on route ;-)  then tag on the end. Hopefully have the +2's with me if I can persuade them back in the V-Storm

sanzomat

For those joining en-route, and I recall a post asking what time we'd pass the Maccy D's/Essso garage near the J12 roundabout on the A38 - I'd guess the main group would be passing by that roundabout on the A38 sometime between 13:00 and 13:15. It might be awkward for us all to stop but as its a dual carriageway straight after we'll glance across as we approach the roundabout and if there are any kit cars we'll toot and then drive slowly up the dual carriageway to give you a chance to pull out and catch up so we can hopefully arrive together. How does that sound?

Don't want to jinx it but the weather is looking fantastic! Time to go out and buy some picnic food!

damouk

Does indeed..... dare I say its almost like a summers morning!!!

I will probably be lurking in the truckers layby on the left before the roundabout, or if I leave earlier somewhere around Eastington.

It's also worth noting that the traffic around the Hartbury roundabout can get quite busy due to the closed bypass at the mo

mr tone

Hi i live in Forest of Dean so will meet you there,please leave room for me. Wife not keen on kitcar so will be in mg midget Tony

smudge

Hope you guys have a good day, what an absolutely fantastic day for it.
Couldn't make it due to an electrical fault  :(

Moleman

Really good day. Thanks to Dave for leading the convoy on a lovely route up there.

Facial Hair Optional

What were the two cars to the right of yours Colin? They look like Atoms or similar? I passed one in Wickwar on my way back home after I peeled off the convoy. I'm sure he must be one of them. We waved at each other in Wickwar High Street anyway.

benchmark51

I left home a bit early and headed toward Yate, fuelled up and had a ride around Wotton and Dursley areas before crossing over to the A38, eventually came across Damouks V-Storm doing his 'best lurk' in a layby! Pulled in and a minute later, a whole swarm of kits arrived and so we tagged on the end to complete the journey. Got to Highnam Court and after a bit of 'rallycross' we parked up. It was a pretty quiet event, apart from the 'pub singer strangling a cat' :-X. F1 Lotus was interesting, as was some very nice looking cars, but I got the impression it wasn't a kit car event. Had a good ride home down the A48 and across the bridge. Weather was scorchio and Ratbag behaved well, was hungry so dived into the trough and then a good kip. Not a bad day at all. :)

Moleman

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 08, August, 2015, 07:29:05 PM
What were the two cars to the right of yours Colin? They look like Atoms or similar? I passed one in Wickwar on my way back home after I peeled off the convoy. I'm sure he must be one of them. We waved at each other in Wickwar High Street anyway.

They were Atoms mate. They just happen to turn up just before us.  :)

I also went back home on the A48 which was a good drive which was a perfect finish on a really good day.  8)

Facial Hair Optional

I discovered some fab houses/mansions/manors in Uley  :o What a beeeeautiful place!!

You wouldn't see half the stuff we see in a tin top I reckon!

All I gotta do now is win the lottery. Job done!    ::)

Sprint 7

Hello chaps , you all seemed to have an enjoyable day at Highnam Court judging on your comments. I would like to say thanks on behalf of John the organiser if it should slip his mind, but he probably thanked you himself yesterday anyway. It was good to meet up with you all again after quite a long absence.
I attended Queens  Square this am, found a parking space(I was there around 10), took  a walk all around  and then pootled off to the bus rally at the Brislington. Park & Ride. I enjoyed that much more than the Sq. (I have to agree with you Colin about the "Boy racer/engine revving plebs at the Sq.)
There were buses and coaches  of all ages (No NOT charabangs or horse drawn ones) which brought back happy memories and quite a few interesting cars too.
Must admit I did chuckle at some of the "Bus Spotters" jotting down details and avidly taking loads of photos. Mainly middle aged to elderly men with nylon shirts and bracers   ;D ;D ;D
Will sign off now.
TTFN
Sprint '7'