Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

South Gloucester show 1st & 2nd August

Started by Moleman, 31, May, 2015, 06:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

I haven't been to this one before but is does look good.  8) on the bad side is that you have to pay to enter enter your car which I am not a fan off.  ::)  But it could be a good venue to promote our BKCC Special Car build.  So for that fact alone I would be happy to park my car next to our build to help raise funds. I will give the organizer a call tomorrow to see if this will be ok & if so who else would be interested?

Check out the link which tells you all about the show =  http://www.southglosshow.co.uk/

Thoughts please guys? be honest positive & negative comments are welcome.  :)

Iancider

The website is amazingly discreet about where it is and I had to hunt for it.

The Windmill Fisheries Showground, Westerleigh Road, BS37 8QZ which is easily accessible from the M4, M5 and the A4174 (Avon Ring Road).

Moleman

Oh yes I forgot to mention that Ian. Yes it's just off the Westerleigh road so quite local.  :)

benchmark51

I remember this from last year, gave it a miss

sanzomat

I think I'll give this one a miss as I'll have not long been back from holiday and I've said I'll go to Highnam the following weekend. My next door neighbour went in his old mini last year and said it was good though.

danwilko

I'm going on the Sunday,I went last year, it's at windmill fisheries and golf course, just up from the folly on the ring road, although not sent in the email . It's more a family day with music, a display Areana  for bike stunts, birds of prey etc etc, like a village fete, but got live music, bath ales were there and then there's an area for cars. Lots of bmws last time. Not bad for a fiver for 1 car and 2 passes.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 31, May, 2015, 08:37:53 PM
Oh yes I forgot to mention that Ian. Yes it's just off the Westerleigh road so quite local.  :)
Yeah very easy to find, they already have advertising boards up on the road alongside the fields they use. I think last year may have been their 1st time (not entirely sure about that though?) I couldn't get there last year so can't shed any light on how good/bad it was. I may go unless I have work to do on the car (which is quite likely these days it seems!!)

Moleman

So what do people think about this one?  :)

Facial Hair Optional

I guess one question we should ask ourselves Colin is, is there anything else better that's on the same day/weekend?

I'm not sure how car-focused the event may be, though of course that may not be that important (I'm new to all this and I know you guys are very much more experienced).

Last year I got the impression it was a family fun type event with birds of prey, shooting competitions, fishing etc etc. Is there any way we can find out what happened car-wise at last years event maybe?

Facial Hair Optional

Isn't this one of our lads?? It was taken at the show last year, seems there were a few cars there but no kits that I could see in the pictures (unless this is one?)

It looks like it may have a Mercedes tri-star thingy on the top of the nose area so maybe it's not a kit?

Iancider

"One of our Lads"

Walnut will be so chuffed with that!  8) 8) :D ;)

The car is a lovely repro but Walnut is completely original!

Full of character, a spare tyre, most parts are original but some don't work too well but that's enough about Walnut

The motor is fine.

Moleman

You will get to see him with that nice motor on most of our events.  He's normally stuck inside it until he needs a wee.  :P ;D
Sorry walnut. See you soon  ;)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 02, June, 2015, 09:33:49 AM
You will get to see him with that nice motor on most of our events.  He's normally stuck inside it until he needs a wee.  :P ;D
Sorry walnut. See you soon  ;)

I was fairly sure I had seen that car at the ADC in Queens Sq.

Pilgrim Anna

Looks really good! If we are not away on holiday which looks unlikely this year then we are up for it. Will know by end of July  ;)

Moleman

Any one else up for this. I'm told you could pay on the day but don't quote me on this one.  :)

Iancider

I am a possible - not sure about hols yet

Moleman

I still might be going to this is anyone else thinking about this?  :)

Gary RH7

Bit early for me to decide but put me down as a possible.

benchmark51

Same as last year really, can't drum up much interest personally. If anyone feels the same how about a trip out to the karting at Hullavington to give it a looksee, grab a bite and decide a route from there?
Nothing arranged, just as comes sort of thing.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 15, July, 2015, 08:46:57 AM
Same as last year really, can't drum up much interest personally. If anyone feels the same how about a trip out to the karting at Hullavington to give it a looksee, grab a bite and decide a route from there?
Nothing arranged, just as comes sort of thing.
Sounds like a plan to me... as long as it's not 'Shearwatering down' again!!

I hear the Met office has taken this up as a new term to descibe rain over and above the torrential level!!!  :D

Brandy Barrel

I will try, but still trying to dry out from our ADC trip the other Sunday.......
Everything stopped and no fuel gauge, no speedo.....
Getting there. Will put some effort in to rectify this weekend.
Would like to know if anyone going, apart from walnut I didn't see anyone at the bristol American Classic car show........ I like company...

Moleman

Flipper has a pitch for both days for this one & has said there is room to park up with him so if you are thinking of going then please us know so he can save you a space.

I'm also hoping to take the Go inspire chassis there & may need a hand if anyone could help me with that then that would be great.

Gary RH7

Colin, what sort of a hand do you need mate? Assuming the chassis is still at Dave's place I am only at Chippenham so I can help lifting etc but cant help towing or anything.

Gary RH7

Quote from: Moleman on 31, May, 2015, 06:21:44 PM
I haven't been to this one before but is does look good.  8) on the bad side is that you have to pay to enter enter your car which I am not a fan off.  ::)  But it could be a good venue to promote our BKCC Special Car build.  So for that fact alone I would be happy to park my car next to our build to help raise funds. I will give the organizer a call tomorrow to see if this will be ok & if so who else would be interested?

Check out the link which tells you all about the show =  http://www.southglosshow.co.uk/

Thoughts please guys? be honest positive & negative comments are welcome.  :)

If you check the link and look down the page it says you can build one for £4.00

I didn't know Jap kits were that cheep :P

Moleman

Just a hand lifting it in the van would be great mate. Not sure I can do it yet & will know closer to the date.

Gary RH7

No problems Colin. I will send you a PM with my mobile number.

Moleman

Brandy Barrel

Bulldog Bri

Camber Dave

Hi Colin

re Go inspire

If you can take the chassis on Sat (of from me on Fri eve) I will collect it on Sunday.

I spoke to Suzi on Sunday and they seem keen to attend this event as last week was rained off.

Dave

Moleman

Thanks Dave. I will see if Dave (Flipper) is going on the Friday & if so I will take it down in the afternoon.

Moleman

I can now confirm I will definitely be there on the Saturday but not the Sunday.  8)

Iancider

I would like to go if my health is good enough and there are not too many challenges but it is not a certainty today.

Regards
Ian

danwilko

I'm there on the Sunday so might see some of u. Will take some pics

Moleman

I turned up at 10.30am to which I did get a mouthful by the organiser saying I should have got here sooner. I had to really bite my tongue not to give him the same sort of reply back.  >:(

That said it was a good show so if you are displaying your car tomorrow get there before 10.30 or you won't get in.

There was a few of us there today but if anyone from the club is going feel free to park up by the Go Inspire Now project on Flippers stand to give your support as there is plenty of space & you will be most welcome. It's a good spot as well.  8)

I was there all day but didn't collect that much, to be fair there was a lot of charity stands so people are probably getting fed up of them. I had a lot of good comments as well as one person telling me my welding is crap.  ::) never mind.  :) So if any one can give a hand for a little while tomorrow that would be great.

Gary RH7

Well done Colin. As you know I was even later, had to park in the main car park and I was not happy leaving it there with stuff in it hence leaving early.
It is a good family show, good food, drink but not to many classic cars, or kits. Too many production cars with sales teams for my liking but good stuff.

Will defiantly take the family next year if they don't leave me on my lonesome again :( :(

Brandy Barrel

Thanks for the  image of yours and my car, when colin says before 10.30 the organiser actually told me 1 hour before i.e. 9.30. I came in 2 min after colin and then they shut the gates.
Wasnt easy getting out either, we had to wait for 'clearance' from the organiser!
We had a shower but sunny most of the day.
Thanks to colin for selling the Go Inspire the whole day.

Iancider

I managed to drive today so I should be able to help tomorrow - on light duties

Regards
Ian

sanzomat

Quote from: Iancider on 01, August, 2015, 09:10:42 PM
I managed to drive today so I should be able to help tomorrow - on light duties

Regards
Ian

This time of year I find I don't need my lights much. If that's the same for others too then you should have an easy day...

Brandy Barrel

Some more images, cam cleaning the now dusty wheels, as the access track is gravel.