Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

South Gloucester show 1st & 2nd August

Started by Moleman, 31, May, 2015, 06:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

benchmark51

''I turned up at 10.30am to which I did get a mouthful by the organiser saying I should have got here sooner. I had to really bite my tongue not to give him the same sort of reply back.  >:(

That said it was a good show so if you are displaying your car tomorrow get there before 10.30 or you won't get in.''

I remember last year detecting a bit of an 'attitude problem'. That coupled with having to pay to get in(when they should be grateful for exibitors patronage), put me off. I had a tank of fuel, nice weather and an open road so 'just went'. Beats sitting in a 'car lot' on a field all day. ;)

Moleman

Facial Hair Optional

Nope 'fraid not Colin. I did hear some people in Tesco saying it was expensive but a good family day out.

I get the impression this event is not really a kit car thing? I may be wrong of course but I would think we would be better off getting a few of us together to meet up and go for an interesting drive somewhere picturesque, to stop and have a good old chin wag or something? On a day like today we would have totally enjoyed our cars to the full  :)

Iancider

I did!  Back in action.  Good show and very well attended  - did some fundraising too.  We now have the support of Bristol Motor Club and the MX5 owners club- RESULT!

Ian

Facial Hair Optional

Good job Ian!!! Nice to see you back in action  :D

Camber Dave

I also went and had a good day - I am considering having my stand there next year.
We got quite a few donations but it was hard work with so many other charities in the main field. There was just us and RNLI (with the Jags) in the car field.

Ian and I also had a huge job trying to get the van in to collect the chassis.
They wanted to make us wait till 7:00!
We found a way in Via the bands' car park - thanks Flipper.

I hear that car exhibitors also had problems getting in on Sun after leaving their cars/displays overnight. BUT Flipper did say the security in the site was excellent all night.
Hopefully they will improve vehicle movements arrangements for next year.

Moleman

It was a down side to the show & I will be writing to the organiser about it.  :(

Iancider

Some special thanks:

Three people were stars and organised everything for the charity when I got sick: Moleman for catching the organisation, Dave Gallop for delivering and collecting the chassis and and Flipper for the Gazebo and being all the fun of the fair!

I managed to play just a small part on Sunday so thanks guys for what you did.

Ian

Moleman

No prob's Ian.  :)
I also want to say for the record that I said a guy was quick to tell me he thought the welding was crap & for the record I think he is wrong & that it looks pretty bloody good to me. I put this on to make a point that you still get people who are quick to criticise but not as quick to offer to help or even put some money in.  :)