+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Chipping Sodbury Classic Car Run 28th June

Started by Facial Hair Optional, 01, June, 2015, 11:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

Don't know much about this one, even though it's on my doorstep I have yet to go to it, just thought I'd let people know. Not sure what cars can enter. I may call them 2moro and ask.

Entry and info is on 01454 311 712 or email  rotary.classic.run@hotmail.co.uk

sanzomat

As I understand it, its only open to cars that are pre-1986. Not sure why they chose that year, maybe 30 years old. It is good to see them all lined up in the high street before they set off on the run.

Moleman

You will find the year only applies to classic cars so you don't get 10 year old cars that are only just going out of production. We normally fit in the category of cars of interest so most kits are always welcome no matter what the age.

Facial Hair Optional

In that case I may trundle along at some point and make some scary noises in front of all the MGs!!!   ;D  :P

sanzomat

Just had a look on their website and downloaded the regs/entry form. It definitely says pre 1990 (don't know where i got the 1986 from - maybe a previous year's) and doesn't offer a "special interest" alternative. Its also a £27 entry fee. Might be worth checking by email if anyone is still interested and has a post 1990 car.

Facial Hair Optional

That would make any car there 25+ years in age then?

When does a car become a classic, isn't it 20 years?

And who decides that anyway??!!

Moleman

I will ring them tomorrow & see what the score is?  :)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 02, June, 2015, 09:06:01 PM
I will ring them tomorrow & see what the score is?  :)

OK Colin, though I have a feeling it's one of those kinda snobby classic car things maybe? Could be wrong. I may just do a noisy drive by in any case, my version of a classic car gate crash!!!  :P

Iancider

Couldn't do this anyway - I am going somewhere special - shhhhh!