News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

New Side-screens at last

Started by Gary RH7, 30, June, 2015, 03:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary RH7

Final got my new side-screens fitted after waiting ages for the trimmers to complete the bottom material part.  ???
I can now get up to 90Mph without my cap blowing off.  8) 8) 8)
6mm polycarbonate!!! Quite solid.

benchmark51

Looking good. :) Do you get any backdraft at all?

Moleman

Iancider

QuoteDo you get any backdraft at all?

... a bit personal...

Gary RH7

Quote from: benchmark51 on 30, June, 2015, 05:29:29 PM
Looking good. :) Do you get any backdraft at all?

The main draft was from the back but not much.

You going to attempt the side screens on yours yourself?
I spent ages taking pictures at shows and working out the best way to do it. I then saw paintman's screens on the calendar which gave me the idea of polycarb without a surround but they had to be made to measure as the car is so old and I knew nothing off the peg was going to fit.

benchmark51

I have got 2 started already, but at the moment are just flat shaped aluminium (2mm). They span from the scuttle to the rollbar. I was just going to wrap them then trim the edge with rubber. Now thinking about 'armrest' in them. Had also thought about the top half in polycarb' and have a sheet of it (10mm), but may be too heavy?

After fitting the half hood I was expecting a lot of backdraft, but nothing at all really. I will probably continue with the sidescreen with armrest and no polycarb for now and perhaps wind deflectors too

Gary RH7

I think 10mm will be a bit heavy. I have seen them at 4mm but I have set mine in an aluminum channel which just fits the 6mm. Also mine are quite large so I needed something like 6mm so they wouldn't flex too much.

Will you be at the Riverside tomorrow night? I plan to get there sometime after 7 but will leave before 9. If you want to see close up or I could do more pictures if that helps.

benchmark51

Yes, I'll be there. I won't have screens but will have the roof. So far the roof hasn't see any rain but still makes a good sunshade!

Gary RH7