Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

BKCC Feb Club Meet

Started by 'The Gaffer', 18, January, 2010, 12:13:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

'The Gaffer'

Just so happens that the Feb meet will fall on the 14th. Valentines day. Personally I will be cooking a meal and spending the evening with the missus. It is possible that some members will, for similar reasons, not bother with a club meet so I am moving the meet one week later to the 21st.

Feb 2010 club meet will take place at the Lock Keeper in Keynsham instead of the Wheatsheaf. This will mean no inter venue run but due to the recent dubious weather maybe thats not a bad thing.

The meet will be at 7pm + at:

Lock Keeper pub.
Keynsham Road,
Keynsham,
Bristol.
BS31 2DD
T: 0117 9862383

Hope to see some of you there. Kits or tin tops ;D

Bulldog Bri

I'm ok with that Phil. Though no one to cook for other than the dog. :)

8)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: bulldog bri on 18, January, 2010, 09:10:30 AM
I'm ok with that Phil. Though no one to cook for other than the dog. :)

8)

Awww, but Im sure you do a great Lamb Winalot with petit pois a la Francaise ;D

SAV

Would love to join in - where and when and how often do you meet (notice 'new boy' dozy question)

SAV

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: SAV on 09, February, 2010, 04:00:50 PM
Would love to join in - where and when and how often do you meet (notice 'new boy' dozy question)

I have edited the opening post with more detail. Normally the meet takes place every 2nd Sunday of the month but this one is different because of Valentines Day.

More places and times will be planned for the warmer weather.

YZFMINI

Ill try to come along if i remember.
Not far from my anyway.
YZFMINI

PhilW

I Can't make this one it's slightly too late for me :(

'The Gaffer'

Nice to see a few faces and a new car in the form of YZFMINI's R1 bike engined mini - nice car.

To bad some couldent make it, maybe next time.

As soon as the sun looks like its going to shine, the club intends to add a weekday eve meet plus more meet locations.

Richard

Good to see a few of the regulars for a good chat, although I'm not convinced about Dave's fairy liquid(other brands are available) mixed with rainwater makes for the best visibility  ;)

One squeeze in that mini engine bay, but some practical solutions with the manifold etc.

Why do cars always need a push backwards when Phil is around ?

Hairy Santa

sorry chaps - forgot all about it until I saw the latest post - and wanted a run out in the car

Bummer

would it be possible to warn old sods like me a day or two before the next one -  :-[

Richard

Will "nanny" you through it next time  ;)

Dixie

Quote from: G & Toniq on 21, February, 2010, 11:37:30 PM
Nice to see a few faces and a new car in the form of YZFMINI's R1 bike engined mini - nice car.

To bad some couldent make it, maybe next time.

As soon as the sun looks like its going to shine, the club intends to add a weekday eve meet plus more meet locations.

Any chance of some photos of the mini.  I looked at a Z Cars mini, nearly brought it, but Cobra came up trumps.  would love a bike engined mini.

Mark

Cob68

Sorry missed the meet guys will keep an eye out and come along to the next one.

Hairy Santa

Quote from: Richard on 22, February, 2010, 07:24:28 PM
Will "nanny" you through it next time  ;)

Thanks for that Rich - I should be OK once I get the brackets for my zimmer welded to the back of the GT

Hairy Santa

Quote from: Dixie on 22, February, 2010, 07:45:11 PM
Any chance of some photos of the mini.  I looked at a Z Cars mini, nearly brought it, but Cobra came up trumps.  would love a bike engined mini.

Mark

How about a AEM Scout like this - I built one years ago with a hairy engine, went like s**t of a shovel

Pete

'The Gaffer'

Looks like a meet reminder email is on the cards ::) :)

A few pics of the R1 mini can be found on page 3 of the albums within the gallery

paintman

Sorry didn't make the meeting had to take the wife out to dinner. ::)    The planned weekday meet would suit me better in the Summer.

YZFMINI

Quote from: Dixie on 22, February, 2010, 07:45:11 PM

Mark
Good to put some faces to the names.
There are some on here..

'The Gaffer'

Any suggestions for 2010 meets please post them here http://bristolkitcarclub.co.uk/smf2/index.php?topic=615.msg4928;topicseen#new

The idea is to give choice for all so we all get a say within our regions in and around Bristol.