Corner weight clinic inc BBQ - Just £10 - 19th June

Started by 'The Gaffer', 18, April, 2010, 10:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Dixie

19th June is perfect.  Count me in.

Mark

YellaBelly

That's a free date for me but isn't that when Newark show is on?

JB

dave_bence

YZFMINI

I think 19th June should be ok with me as well...

Krazyken

Just to clarify we need to agree a date that everyone can make hence the proposal of 19th June.  Track Developments will then need to clear this with their landlord and neighbouring busnisses as 15 kit cars arriving at once will take up a fair amount of space.

All those who put their name down for this, please can you confirm that you can make 19th June then TD can confirm, only then can this be a definite event. 

Your response is required ASAP.

Daley Down Under

'The Gaffer'

paintman

Martin Higgs

That date sounds good to me lets hope I fix oil leak by then

Bulldog Bri

Should be Ok for me except that I've got my kids that weekend  ::)

8)

Hairy Santa

I'm Free

Any time, someone mentioned food will be there

alastair

Thats fine with me, but may have to leave a little early.

Looking foward to it!

'The Gaffer'

'The Gaffer'

OK, lets just see whos OK for the 19th June...

1.   G & Toniq
2.   MarlboroCar
3.   Dixie
4.   YellaBelly
5.   dave_bence
6.   YZFMINI
7.   paintman
8.   Martin Higgs
9.   bulldog bri
10. Hairy Santa
11. alastair
12. Brian ACKCC

Could the other few please confirm this being a good date or not, places still open too - the more the merrier :)

Mark G

Sorry chaps, that date is no good for me.  I'll be pissed as a fart on a stag weekend.

'The Gaffer'

1.   G & Toniq
2.   MarlboroCar
3.   Dixie
4.   YellaBelly
5.   dave_bence
6.   YZFMINI
7.   paintman
8.   Martin Higgs
9.   bulldog bri
10. Hairy Santa
11. alastair
12. Brian ACKCC
13. birkinboy ACKCC

Could the other few please confirm this being a good date or not, places still open too - the more the merrier :)

Quote from: Mark G on 08, May, 2010, 02:44:06 PM
Sorry chaps, that date is no good for me.  I'll be pissed as a fart on a stag weekend.

Honest excuse ;D

Krazyken

It's looking good for the 19th June.  Dave G has cleared it with the landlord he just needs to speak with the rest of the neighbouring businesses.  Please keep this date free in your diaries as it looks like a goer.  I will let you know more as soon I have final confirmation.

Richard

Should be ok, fingers crossed.

Got most of the wires now  ;D

Camber Dave

Hi there
I can confirm that the Clinic will be held on Sat 19th of June. Thank you Ken for your work to date.
We will organise Tea and Coffee etc and a basic barbaque but feel free to bring your own extra's.
The format that we have used for the Westfield Club previously is for you to drive your car onto our set up patch and while you are in the car I note each wheel weight. I also weight the car empty. We then Measure the ride heights, camber and tracking and possibly Castor.
You get a report and depending on what we find we can correct the tracking then or send you to reset your own camber etc to our advice. Our bit takes about 20 mins.
After each car has been checked I then retest the cars that have been adjusted by yourselves. All cars can have the tracking reset if needed.
From this it will be obvious tha to gve you sufficient time for consultation and explanations  we can only book 12 cars for measurement with 3 reserves. The reserves normally get done by the way.
We can have 4 to 6 others as visitors only but the yard does get busy so it is best for you to organise a phased management of car movements. I would like you to nominate ONE marshal to organise the cars and for me to liase with.
As this is a working farm we have to say NO children or dogs - Farm rules not ours - Sorry for any disapointments.
I will post a few ground rules in early June - Just common sense but it is best noted.
There is a race meeting at 'Combe the same day and as we are on the Wilts / Glos border you may consider an afternoon road run in the area?

Dave
Track Developments

David H

put me down also. sounds interesting....if there's space

peetee

Yep, put my name down too, if there are still spaces? Thanks

stupott901

And me too if not ill go down as reserve cheers stu

'The Gaffer'

1.   G & Toniq
2.   MarlboroCar
3.   Dixie
4.   YellaBelly
5.   dave_bence
6.   YZFMINI
7.   paintman
8.   Martin Higgs
9.   bulldog bri
10. Hairy Santa
11. alastair
12. Brian ACKCC
13. birkinboy ACKCC
14. Richard
15. David H
16. peetee
17. stupott901

We now have a few reserves.

I will be asking for advance payment shortly.

We also need to have ONE marshall to liase with Dave at TD and to oversee car movements, any volunteers?

Krazyken

I will get final confirmation from TD next week and confirm with a post on this thread then Phil will be after your tenners!!

Krazyken

Just read that Dave Gallop of TD has already confirmed the arrangements - DOH!!!

I am delighted that this has finally been confirmed as I know from my own experience that this will be the best tenner you will ever spend both on your cars.  Also what you will learn in the importance of getting your car set up properly for both the road and track will be worth the money many times over.

As Dave has had to make considerable efforts with his landlord and neighbours as well as making room in his work diary in the middle of the race season to put this on exclusively for the BKCC, please can you ensure that you get your tenners to Phil ASAP to confirm your place.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dixie

Phil.

I am on holiday from Wed for 2 weeks.  Can I PAYPAL you the tenner?

Cheers Mark

YZFMINI

I can pay phill at next meet.. or if we have a thurday meet before then...

Colin

Dixie

Had a really bad day.  My very expensive "Aircraft" grade titainium rose joints that hold the 5 link suspension onto my car has snapped!!!.  This threw the axle out of line and made the car feel very strange.

So the back end of my car is in bits with the axle hanging out.  I think a modification is the order of the day.

It looks like the joint has siezed, so when I hit a bump the threaded section just snapped.

So on the hottest day of this year, my Cobra was parked up in pieces.  DOH.

Lets hope it is back together in time for the weigh in!!  Fingers crossed.

Mark

paintman

I'm still going...whats the best way to give you the tenner Phil?   Paypal?

Tony

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: paintman on 23, May, 2010, 09:57:27 PM
I'm still going...whats the best way to give you the tenner Phil? Paypal?

Yes PayPal is fine, maybe one day peeps will buy me breakfast to cover the fees ;)

If PayPal is a problem, let me know and I will sort an alternative. Cash at a meet will be fine too, just tell me your intentions.

Bulldog Bri

I'll catch you at the next club meeting  :D

8)

Bulldog Bri

Quick question....

Should we be bringing the car fully fueled? (full tanks) as this could make quite a difference.. ;)

8)

YellaBelly

I've got a chap coming over on Thursday to give me a hand to try and finally sort out the Disco and get it back on the road. If I get that sorted, I then just have to sort out a trailer then I should be good to go for the BBQ. I've told work I want no travel at all in June so at least that won't stop me.

Like Brian said, if I can get it to the event then maybe I can get some criticism (constructive hopefully ;) ) to help give me a good chance of a pass at IVA.

What's the deadline for the cash Phil?

JB

YellaBelly

Phil,

Sorry mate but I'm gonna have to drop out of the weigh-in. spent 11 hours yesterday replacing what we thought was the duff part on my Disco only to find it didn't cure the fault  >:(

So no tow truck, no trailer and at the minute just trying to figure out the best way to sabotage the damn truck!! Just seem to be throwing money at it now, I know I'll never buy another 300TDi Auto ever again! Give me mechanical engine management any day.

I just want to concentrate on trying to get the locost done to make me feel better.

JB

Bulldog Bri

Bump  ::)

Quote from: bulldog bri on 25, May, 2010, 12:59:52 PM
Quick question....

Should we be bringing the car fully fueled? (full tanks) as this could make quite a difference.. ;)

8)

Daley Down Under

Phil,

If its ok with you I'll pay my tenner on the day (although if the weather's good, I'll aim to be at the meet next Sunday 13th)

Adrian

dave_bence

I'll pay you at the meet next Sunday Phil.

YZFMINI

i just lost all drive last night!!!!!!!!!

i hope i just poped the clutch to far!!!!!!! Find out tonight how serious it is...
if i did just pop the cluctch im still coming.....

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: YZFMINI on 10, June, 2010, 01:18:28 PM
i just lost all drive last night!!!!!!!!!

i hope i just poped the clutch to far!!!!!!! Find out tonight how serious it is...
if i did just pop the cluctch im still coming.....

Hope its nothing too serious :(

YZFMINI

drive shaft and cv joint issue good job i have spairs.