News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Where is Denzle?

Started by 'The Gaffer', 18, August, 2011, 12:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

Anybody been in touch with Denzle?

I had an email from him quite a while back saying he'd be absent for a while to undergo some tests, since then nothing.

Denzle

Hi Phil and the lads,

Just to let you know I have just been released from hospital this afternoon for the time being.   I will be recalled shortly for an operation to remove a cancerous tumor from my lower sigmoid colon and cancer to the liver.  I didnt feel too good at the car show but put that down to the Osteo arthritis in my joints.

Dont let anyone tell you what the correct type of food is to eat, as for many years I have eaten very healthy all of those things they tell you.

If you get the dreaded big "C" then there is nothing you can do about it, only to have treatment and try and fight it.  They can cure or make better lots of problems these days.

At least I have lost a couple of stone in weight which I have always wanted to do.  Not because of the cancer but not being able to eat because of pain.

I am surprised at the number of people who are being admitted for bowel cancer.  Not just those over 50 but many younger people as well.  Its like a conveyor belt through the hospital doors.

In the mean time I have to consider about selling my cars, tools and start to take things a little easier.      The next few weeks will be the decider.   This also goes for the car show, but  will have to see how things go and keep you informed.

I hope you are all having fun with your cars and your meets in this great club of ours  In the meatime I will be on the forum joining in the banter and the piss taking.

Happy motoring to all.     Denzzzzzzz   :-*

Furore Phil

Ahh man don't sell the cars and tools ! they'll help you get better. Good way of releiving stress, wander out to the garage and fiddle with oily car parts. Make sure you get help lifting heavy things though ! Better than sitting around the house watching day time TV.

If you're not allowed to drive your cars, them I'm sure you'll have willing volunteers to drive your cars to meetng and shows.

Get well soon !

paintman

Nice to here from you again Denzle...thought you found a better Club.    The Gaffer missed you......no one to tell him he was running "the best kit car club in the world" lol ;D

Hope you feel better soon ...... don't sell the VX220 or I might be tempted !!

All the best.     Tony

'The Gaffer'

Denz, I'm really sorry to hear your news :( My immediate family and some close friends have recently been diagnosed with cancer and as you say it's more common than you first might think.

Hang in there fella, don't rush into changing your life just yet. Treatment has moved on leaps and bounds over the years so don't give up hope, and as Tony says, who else is going to promote the club as the "best in the world"

Keep us up to date mate and don't hesitate to PM me any time should you need a chat.

All the best from me and the BKCC.

Hairy Santa

All the best Denz

hope it all goes well and you start feeling better soon mate

YellaBelly

Most of it's already been said Denz, but I agree with all the sentiments and wish you a full and rapid recovery. Keep your chin up and remember the club will be thinking of you ;)

All the best,

John (JB)

RMW50

Denzle,

We have just got back from a couple of weeks away and I am trying to catch up - as the others have said, hang in there, treatment has moved on so much nowadays, I am doing some work with Royal Marsden and the Institute of Cancer Research and they are so positive on how treatment is always improving, please try and keep positive.
If you can keep the cars it will give you something to keep your mind occupied, I am sure that there is always something to be tinkered with!

Let me know if you want to catch up, we are not too far away from you as perhaps others are, if you are up to it it would be great to catch up with you and the lovely mrs D - just let me know, any excuse for getting out in the toy.

Rich