+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Heater for Ratbag

Started by benchmark51, 16, November, 2015, 03:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benchmark51

You could try and connect what would be the heater feed pipe to the return. Sort of a loop, as you might do if you had a leaky matrix and so bypassing the heater.

Facial Hair Optional

Keanu always said there was sumfin dodgy about that matrix  ;D

benchmark51

I've got Ratbag's heater all plumbed in now and tried it out. Works very well, didn't go out anywhere but all looking good so far. Need to fit an operating cable to the water tap and get a switch for the fan. A few other things to do while I'm there, but I am now warm. :D :D

Gary RH7

Quote from: benchmark51 on 04, December, 2015, 06:18:00 PM
I've got Ratbag's heater all plumbed in now and tried it out. Works very well, didn't go out anywhere but all looking good so far. Need to fit an operating cable to the water tap and get a switch for the fan. A few other things to do while I'm there, but I am now warm. :D :D
Got any pictures Dave. Would be interesting to see how you put it all together

benchmark51

Went out in Ratbag to try the heater with sidescreens on, the heater is really effective. The sidescreens are crap, so back to the drawing board! Got another idea in my head, so here we go again! Tried it without sidescreens, just roof and still good.

paintman

I have a 1.5" flexible pipe coming from the heater which I push up my trouser legs or in my jacket.  :-* :-* nice and warm!

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: paintman on 12, December, 2015, 05:28:57 PM
I have a 1.5" flexible pipe coming from the heater which I push up my trouser legs or in my jacket.  :-* :-* nice and warm!

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D :D :D 8) 8) 8)

benchmark51

I have 2 closeable outlets just in front of the gearstick, pointing at the knees. 2 more outlets, so far unused but waiting to be ducted somewhere and 1 more outlet earmarked for a demister. :D

paintman

1 up each leg.......perfect!!! ;)

benchmark51

I might have long flexible duct for use in thawing out '7' types I find on the side of the road!  ;D  ;D

damouk

That's a bit se7ist isn't it Dave lol

benchmark51

Ok, can do the 'exoskelly cars' as well  ;D ;D.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 16, December, 2015, 07:17:30 PM
Ok, can do the 'exoskelly cars' as well  ;D ;D.
Yeah we will most likely be more in need Dave!!