AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

This must be the ultimate funny kit car typo!!!!! Ooops!!!

Started by Facial Hair Optional, 23, November, 2015, 12:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

I spotted this on the website Flatshifter.com in a testimonial for their brilliant Flatshifter Expert system.....

"I've had a look at some of my data and, on my 1585cc  Pro-sport, the acceleration curve is smoother with the Flatshifter than with totally manual up-shifts (I am naturally a pretty rapid gear changer and in my old K engined Catering van with a 9.5k rpm soft cut and an H shift, most spectators believed that I had a bike engine and sequential 'box) and saves around 0.4 secs over 2 x 250 m flat out acceleration zones. But, the real time savings come under braking. With the Flatshifter I was able to stay on full throttle then, with no cruise period, concentrate my right foot on a total "doom" brake into the bend, only having to modulate braking effort to avoid locking and maintain Tyre loading"

Ah-hum - I think he meant Caterham!!! But from now on I think I will refer to them as catering vans!!!!  ;D

benchmark51

Not a typo, quite deliberate.Slightly derogatory, but affectionate nickname for them. A bit like the old BMC 1800's were ' landcrabs' and Morris 1000's were Moggies'.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: benchmark51 on 23, November, 2015, 01:12:16 AM
Not a typo, quite deliberate.Slightly derogatory, but affectionate nickname for them. A bit like the old BMC 1800's were ' landcrabs' and Morris 1000's were Moggies'.

Seriously?

Facial Hair Optional

paintman

New to me as well.....not exactly cool, like calling a Cosworth a "Cossie" or a Lambagini a "Lambo"  lol.....bit more detrimental if anything. ::)