News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Am I the only one who went out for a drive today!!???

Started by Facial Hair Optional, 02, December, 2015, 10:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

I went out in the Tiger today!! Not far, maybe 12 miles or so but it was awesome!! DRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still love that car, she isn't that quick but a motorbike pulled up next to me at the lights on the ring road near Emersons Green and said he had been trying (and failing) to catch me!! Ok so he had his Mrs on the back but she wasn't that big!

It's weird how I am so much faster on the road that on the track  ;D ;D ;D ;D

We had a nice little chat as I also did with a couple of mechanics in a local garage who admired the fact that the car had a pinto engine (yay!!) and Sierra parts, can't go wrong, nice and simple and sounds great.

The weather was unbelievably mild, I had to take my coat off when I got back and just have a tee shirt on. It was also the 1st road test of my new Bolle wrap around specs which worked great and made me look like that bonio bloke from that Irish rock band  :o :o

I will truly be sad to see that car sold next Spring, wish I could keep her tbh.

Did anyone else get out today? Should have cos it's gonna RAIN again soon!!!!

benchmark51

Bulldog Bri

Facial Hair Optional

Have we seen this trannybus? Got a pic? I take it you don't dress it up in womens clothes or owt do you?

Nice one Bri, I would commute but it would be a very, very short trip - about 3 metres, out of and back into the garage!

benchmark51

Facial Hair Optional

:( it's not yellow though Dave  ;D

Any nurses on board??  ;D

benchmark51

benchmark51

mberPosts: 1447

Am I the only one who went out for a drive today!!???

« on: 02, December, 2015, 10:54:06 PM »

"I went out in the Tiger today!! Not far, maybe 12 miles or so but it was awesome!! DRY!"

Any chance for a quick ride in it? I've got a pinto engine and have never got around to fitting it, tempted to go more modern or upgrade the 711. Would like to experience a pinto though.

sanzomat

Would have gone out but the car is in bits! I'm currently doing jury service and I got the afternoon off as the defendant was ill supposedly. As I drove back around the ring road from the Brislington P&R I was thinking it would be a good opportunity for a blast. Did manage to spend the afternoon in the MiL's garage taking it apart into even more bits - hope I can remember where they all go!!!

Gary RH7

Tomorrow Friday is going to be a good day and the sun will be out. I have the day off so I will be testing the new electric fuel pump

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 03, December, 2015, 07:41:24 AM

Any chance for a quick ride in it? I've got a pinto engine and have never got around to fitting it, tempted to go more modern or upgrade the 711. Would like to experience a pinto though.

Yes of course mate, bear in mind though it weighs a helluva lot more than yours so will most likely be slower (nothing to do with my bodyweight of course  ;D)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: sanzomat on 03, December, 2015, 08:28:00 AM
Would have gone out but the car is in bits! I'm currently doing jury service and I got the afternoon off as the defendant was ill supposedly. As I drove back around the ring road from the Brislington P&R I was thinking it would be a good opportunity for a blast. Did manage to spend the afternoon in the MiL's garage taking it apart into even more bits - hope I can remember where they all go!!!
I was supposed to be in court that day but I pretended I was ill and went for a drive instead ;D ;D ;D ;D (Kidding!!)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Gary RH7 on 03, December, 2015, 08:32:00 AM
Tomorrow Friday is going to be a good day and the sun will be out. I have the day off so I will be testing the new electric fuel pump
Love the pozzy attitude Gary!! I haven't checked the weather yet but I hope you are right.

I have the docs in the morning and last time she mentioned sumfin about my prostate so I have no idea if I'll be able to sit down to drive later that day!  :o If I can then I may get out for a little trundle too  :)

paintman

Bin trying to get out for the last 3 weeks but weather and family ties have stopped me.

Going to be wet again this weekend as well I recon. :(

Dixie got his off the road as well at the moment he told me......maybe I should have Sorn it for the Winter! ::)

Facial Hair Optional

Forecast for tomorrow AND now also Saturday as well is dry but overcast and quite breezy!

Will get out for a drive I hope but will also plan to be at Combe and need to do work on cars too

benchmark51

" I have the docs in the morning and last time she mentioned sumfin about my prostate so I have no idea if I'll be able to sit down to drive later that day!  :o If I can then I may get out for a little trundle too  :) "

Sympathies to you, It's rubber gloves time and over we go! The suppositories are the size of hedgehogs  too.  :o ;D ;D