News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

GTM Winter Upgrades

Started by sanzomat, 09, December, 2015, 07:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moleman

Facial Hair Optional

Cooooooooooooooool Dave! Let's hope it works

Iancider

Go on whack on a Supercharger! You know you want to  8)

sanzomat

Managed an hour and a half of playing today. Tightened up the alternator belt (again!) as it was screeching on Thursday night - seems that a bit of water makes it slip but there was scope for a little more tightness so hopefully that'll cure it. Fitted the bigger TB to the plenum (decided not to change the whole plenum, just the TB). I've lowered the drivers seat about 15mm as it was on spacers. I'm letting a friend share the car at Combe in April and he's a bit on the tall side - when he sat in it a couple of weeks ago his view was a bit blocked by the top of the windscreen! Should also lower the centre of gravity a bit so can't do any harm.

I went out for a short blast to warm it up then tried out Ed's sound meter (thanks Ed). Got a consistent reading of 95.4dB at 4500 rpm at 0.5m straight on from the tail pipe (Ed said straight on gave the closest reading to Combe's meter at 0.5m, 45 degrees). If that's right then I'm now 4.4 dB louder than last time out at Combe which is a pretty good match to my theory that adding power adds noise roughly at the rate of % increase in engine power/10 dB.

Hopefully 95.4 means there is sufficient headroom to pass OK.

sanzomat

This is what I bought off ebay - the whole inlet manifold, plenum, injectors, fuel rail and flexi pipes, sensors, wires etc. All I needed was the bit I've circled in red but this whole lot was less than most people are asking just for the throttle body! The rest will be going back on ebay shortly!

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: sanzomat on 05, March, 2016, 08:20:01 PM
Managed an hour and a half of playing today. Tightened up the alternator belt (again!) as it was screeching on Thursday night - seems that a bit of water makes it slip but there was scope for a little more tightness so hopefully that'll cure it. Fitted the bigger TB to the plenum (decided not to change the whole plenum, just the TB). I've lowered the drivers seat about 15mm as it was on spacers. I'm letting a friend share the car at Combe in April and he's a bit on the tall side - when he sat in it a couple of weeks ago his view was a bit blocked by the top of the windscreen! Should also lower the centre of gravity a bit so can't do any harm.

I went out for a short blast to warm it up then tried out Ed's sound meter (thanks Ed). Got a consistent reading of 95.4dB at 4500 rpm at 0.5m straight on from the tail pipe (Ed said straight on gave the closest reading to Combe's meter at 0.5m, 45 degrees). If that's right then I'm now 4.4 dB louder than last time out at Combe which is a pretty good match to my theory that adding power adds noise roughly at the rate of % increase in engine power/10 dB.

Hopefully 95.4 means there is sufficient headroom to pass OK.

95.4 is miles under for Combe Dave. Didn't know your car had tuberculosis though mate. Sorry to hear that

sanzomat

Got to love ebay! I've now sold the remainder of the bits I didn't need from that inlet manifold for only £2.50 less than I bought the whole thing including the throttle body so I've bought an upgraded throttle body for only £2.50 and I've sold my old engine and gearbox etc for only £50 less than I paid for the new ones ;D ;D

damouk

Good result that. It's amazing what you can sell, I sold a couple of bits from the box of bits that came with v-storm.
I sold this lot for £35 when I made my carbon fibre ones and am up £15

On a slightly different note I also have a load of hub centre adapters for team dynamics wheels if anyone needs some