News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Offcuts of ali sheet wanted

Started by sanzomat, 03, January, 2016, 07:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanzomat

Anyone got any little offcuts of ali sheet, maybe from when you did your floor panels etc?

I need to cut the fibreglass on my inner wing to change the steering rack (well, its that or take the whole front off the car!). I thought I should be able to cut a section out neatly then fix it back in after with a few small bolts/penny washers and some little bits of ali as plates. Bits about 70mm by 40mm would be ideal, say 0.7mm thick or whatever it comes in.

If anyone has some and is coming to the lock keeper on Thurs that would be even better :)

Moleman

I can sort you out how many do you need? Txt me tomorrow to remind me to get you some.

benchmark51

I have some 1.7mm galvanised steel, been in the garden for 2 years and no sign of rust. Also some black anodised ally around 3mm thick. Plain ally 3mm thick in 30mm x 400mm strip. Also stainless near A4 size. Too dark and wet to go and look right now, but can look 2moro if you want.

sanzomat

Quote from: Moleman on 03, January, 2016, 08:38:12 PM
I can sort you out how many do you need? Txt me tomorrow to remind me to get you some.

Just a couple should be fine. Cheers.

sanzomat

Quote from: benchmark51 on 03, January, 2016, 09:28:34 PM
I have some 1.7mm galvanised steel, been in the garden for 2 years and no sign of rust. Also some black anodised ally around 3mm thick. Plain ally 3mm thick in 30mm x 400mm strip. Also stainless near A4 size. Too dark and wet to go and look right now, but can look 2moro if you want.

Thanks Dave. If Colin has some offcuts that'll be me sorted. 3mm is probably a bit thick.