News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

long distance 7?

Started by benchmark51, 04, January, 2016, 01:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benchmark51

CC Cyclone

Looks like someone may have shuffled the reg onto a new build... you have to wonder where the reg and V5 have gone.

Just for anyone considering it, there are cases of people purchasing such vehicles and presenting all the info, especially the photos with it with the number plates on to the DVLA and getting the reg back from whatever it has been put onto. Unfortunately, whoever has the car with the reg on now may also get a visit from the boys in blue.

There are a couple of cases documented on locostbuilders where reg and V5 details have been successfully recovered and reinstated from the 'new' car.

Crunchie Gears

I like this car.  But the logo under the door is very cool. :D :D

It is a shame North Africa is such a mess. :o.  In 1979 I drove from Bordon to Timbuktu and would really like to do it again and that 7 would have been an adventure to do it in ::) ::)

Iancider

This proof of one that does not overheat and it is reliable enough that it made it back!

Crunchie Gears

It is not the car over heating I would worry about.  I cannot see the water Jerry can and no air on LOL!

'Mendip Wurzel'

Must have a on-board generator to run all of those headlights....

Crunchie Gears

Quote from: 'Mendip Wurzel' on 04, January, 2016, 10:58:08 PM
Must have a on-board generator to run all of those headlights....

Would you want to drive this in Africa in the dark?

benchmark51

Nope! Mind you I wouldn't drive a 7 through Longleat either. :o

Crunchie Gears

Moleman

I have often thought about driving up to the gates at Longleat to request some drive through tickets just to film there reaction.  :P

Iancider

QuoteI have often thought about driving up to the gates at Longleat to request some drive through tickets just to film there reaction.

Could be an X-rated video that one!

paintman

I should think he had a 1/4 steel sump-guard fitted to take the pounding of those "roads", or raised the ride height
by 2 inches! :o ;D

Moleman

Quote from: paintman on 07, January, 2016, 06:38:27 PM
I should think he had a 1/4 steel sump-guard fitted to take the pounding of those "roads", or raised the ride height

He would be fine as I don't think they have speed bumps there mate.  ;)

benchmark51

Quote from: Moleman on 08, January, 2016, 08:12:14 PM
Quote from: paintman on 07, January, 2016, 06:38:27 PM

He would be fine as I don't think they have speed bumps there mate.  ;)

No, but they got some ruddy great big wildlife

Facial Hair Optional

A lot of dead camels though - speed 'humps'  ;D >:(

paintman

Quote from: Moleman on 05, January, 2016, 08:29:28 PM
I have often thought about driving up to the gates at Longleat to request some drive through tickets just to film there reaction.  :P

Be even funnier if they told you to carry on....... then they film your face as they open the gates of the lion enclosure!!!

benchmark51

Ha Ha, I doubt he'd survive the monkeys to get as far as the lions

Moleman

I just have to make sure I can run faster than my passenger.  ;)