News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Help needed for Go inspire.

Started by Moleman, 11, January, 2016, 06:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moleman

Hi guys from January 15th we will be looking to get back on with the Go inspire car. It will be things like help fit engine mounts to the chassis & also some mod's to the engine. You don't need to be a qualified mechanic as there will be people there to show you what is needed.

So if you can spare a few hours please let us know.
Thanks Colin.

Iancider

And on the weekend commencing on Friday 22nd we will be taking the engine and gearbox out of the MX5 track-car.  We don't need many for that but even if it is is making the tea that would help.

When we have engine and gearbox out we will check the engine over and prep it for its power mods and the auto gearbox needs a repair.  The MX5 is destined to return to the track for April 25th! No lack of ambition there then!  So we will be looking for a continuous stream of supporters.  Anything you can do would be useful - running and fetching, ordering parts, hands on mechanicals, finding suppliers or blagging freebies or discounts - it all helps.  You can volunteer in hours or minutes or days or part days so long as we know when s that we can find you as task to suit.

MX5 actions: gearbox repairs, engine check and minor repairs, full service, safety checks, wheels and tires, brake replacement and new fluids, suspension mods, body rub-down then spraying, kill switch.  The lightening-out is complete and the roll bar is fitted.  Operations will run in more than one location for parallel process.  Oh yes, the wheels look GORGEOUS!

Thanks in advance
Ian

mikebishop

Hi,

where will this be taking place?
15th and 22nd?

Moleman

The MX5 bits that need doing I think are in Yate & the chassis is at the moment at Track Developments. I'm sure Ian will be able to give you the exact time & place that people are needed on each day in a few days time.  :)

Iancider

The project has reactivated after Christmas but as far as I can see there is no actvity on the 15th but Friday 22nd is definite

The address will be Canadian Trikes: Brunel Court, Yate Bristol, BS37 5PD     01454 322242 - Dave Chapman

I will give more precise details a little closer to the date and my guess is we will start as early as possible.  Dave Gallop will take it away to build the engine mounts for the track car and to split engine and gearbox.  The gearbox then goes away with Ed for repair and refurbishment.  The body shell will subsequently be rubbed down for respray ad we will get on an re-build and upgrade the suspension and brakes.

Regards
Ian

mikebishop

Ok thanks let me know, I can offer an extra pair hands.

Keep us updated updated on here.

Iancider

Okay, for those that want to lend a hand on Friday this week.  Please pitch-up at Canadian Trikes: Brunel Court, Yate Bristol, BS37 5PD at about 08:30 please.

I will be there early to catch any early arrivals.  Parking there is a bit of a lottery because it is a very busy factory estate - you will probably need to park in the road outside but be very careful not to be in the way of big trucks turning circles.

As you approach the destination, the road comes to a dead end and just before it on the right, you will see the green gates to Brunel Court.

Dave Chapman has a very good set of tools so you just need to bring yourselves, Sandwiches, your workwear and some thermal underwear!  We should have the engine/gearbox out well before the end of the day. 

We have checked the compressions on the car and they are good.  The Auto-box will then be taken away for repair during next week. 

Ian

Gary RH7

Got a medical appointment first thing but I will be there 9:30 to 10:00.

Iancider

Big thanks to our helpers today,

We got the engine out in just 4 hours despite a few NEAR impossible to access connectors putting up a good fight for a while.

The number two MX5 will be collected this weekend and will  now be known as Betsy after its kind donor.  Betsy - the person-  is a member of the MX5 owners clubs who are turning out to be avid supporters so a big thank you to Betsy and the MX5 owners club for your great support.

We are now going to do a somewhat complex swap around of the components, prep and build first MX5 now known as Alfie.  Alfie is intended to be ready for the Trackday on April 25th. 

More help will be needed between now and then.  More news on what an how soon.

Thanks
Ian